SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default 2007 saturn ion back seat cigarette lighter

its not working. i just found out that the front one needed a new fuse. replaced it and its working. at first the front one went out so i used the back one but that one went out eventually. so.. i just found the front ones fuse location and realized the fuse was blown and switched it wit a fuse that was the same that i didnt need and that fixed it but the back one still doesnt work. i think its either the frint and back dont have the same fuse or the back needs the whole cigarette lighter replaced.

can some one tell me exactly where the fuse for the back is located? from what i see in the manual it looks like the one that says ac/park relay but im not sure

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to that1man's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
that1man is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2007 saturn ion back seat cigarette lighter

Look for one or more fuse panels besides the main one in the engine bay. The rear/auxiliary gets power from the ACC RELAY and 15A POWER OUTLET FUSE. This fuse is not the 15A LIGHTER FUSE.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf power-distribution-2-of-3.pdf (69.7 KB, 13 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Look for one or more fuse panels besides the main one in the engine bay. The rear/auxiliary gets power from the ACC RELAY and 15A POWER OUTLET FUSE. This fuse is not the 15A LIGHTER FUSE.
^^ This.

I also wanted to add that the rear accessory outlet is switched and only works with the key turned to ACC or RUN unlike the front one which is powered at all times. Both fuses are located in the interior fuse block located on the driver's side of the console next to where the driver's right foot would normally be. At a glance it doesn't look like anything's there, but the plastic panel just pulls off to reveal the fuse panel.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 182K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 195K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 46K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:00 AM   #4
that1man
that1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nicethat1man is just really nice

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruley73 View Post
^^ This.

I also wanted to add that the rear accessory outlet is switched and only works with the key turned to ACC or RUN unlike the front one which is powered at all times. Both fuses are located in the interior fuse block located on the driver's side of the console next to where the driver's right foot would normally be. At a glance it doesn't look like anything's there, but the plastic panel just pulls off to reveal the fuse panel.
thanks for pointing that out "with the key turned to ACC or RUN unlike the front one which is powered at all times". i found that out by mistake a long time ago lol. used to thing it never worked.

also i no where the panel is as i change the 15a fuse with the one that was in the sunroof spot since i dont have a sunroof

can you point out what fuse is for the back? i uploaded a image is it one of the big fuses? i think i might have to remove something to get to the one i think it might be

thanks

http ://postimg.org/image/6tmptf1o5/

http ://postimg.org/image/vyv9s7c8l/

these links minus the space after http

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help that1man reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-23-2015, 03:04 AM   #5
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
i think i understand what you're saying. i'll give it another look in the morning

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
you were right the fuse in the power outlet is blown. gonna go buy some fuses.

thanks guys!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-14-2016, 06:05 AM   #7
Samtherecordman
Advanced Member
Samtherecordman is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1man View Post
you were right the fuse in the power outlet is blown. gonna go buy some fuses.

thanks guys!
Did you fix your problem?

I had this happen in the past...... turns out the fuse may or may not burn, but the actual Socket lightly melts or the rivet that holds the socket together goes loose and then when you connect something in the socket even if you have power going to the connector of the socket, you won't get power if you plug in whatever accessories to it regardless if your AC key is in the RUN position of the ignition. I have changed 2 to this day as they go bad (loose) if you use them a lot or if you abuse them like I do! LoL.

Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe 3 with Sports Appearance package with Aura Pro Bass Shakers under the front seats, Kenwood Excelon Mono Amplifier and Infinity Kappa Perfect and I'm In Heaven!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Samtherecordman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Samtherecordman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Samtherecordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #8
that1man

2006 RELAY-2
2007 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtherecordman View Post
Did you fix your problem?

I had this happen in the past...... turns out the fuse may or may not burn, but the actual Socket lightly melts or the rivet that holds the socket together goes loose and then when you connect something in the socket even if you have power going to the connector of the socket, you won't get power if you plug in whatever accessories to it regardless if your AC key is in the RUN position of the ignition. I have changed 2 to this day as they go bad (loose) if you use them a lot or if you abuse them like I do! LoL.
sorry but i never got an email notification about your response and i just had both front and back it seems like days apart. i could have sworn i smelled a burnt smell both times but i wasn't sure. i checked the fuses i changed before but they weren't burnt as before so maybe you're right. did you discover anything?

i think what messed me up is using a things like a 12-Volt Portable Stove and DC 12V to 110V AC Car Adapter with 3.1A Dual USB Charging Ports

REWARD EXCELLENCE!