SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
cristian1090
cristian1090 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default (nos kit) need to know what parts are needed!!

hi everyone, i been doing some research on what do i need to run a 75-100 shot of nos and i know i need to do some work to the bottom end... since i was getting to rebuild the bottom end already i figured i can upgrade pistons and stuff like that... any help would be great! thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cristian1090's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cristian1090 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cristian1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
sallydriver
sallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to all

1999 SL2
1993 SW2
Default Re: (nos kit) need to know what parts are needed!!

I don't know really anything about nitrous on a car, but I do know that with these cars, you'll need to reinforce the differential pin in the transmission. Hunt4steve did a complete rebuild of his, and did a very good write up on the procedure.

Others will need to chime in with more info on various things.

1998 Red SL 5spd "The Right Honorable Duke Farnsworth the Functional of Clearfield":165,000 miles
1999 Forest Green SL2 5spd "Sally": 307,100+ miles
1993 White SW2 5spd "Steve": 234,984 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sallydriver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sallydriver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sallydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristian1090 View Post
hi everyone, i been doing some research on what do i need to run a 75-100 shot of nos and i know i need to do some work to the bottom end... since i was getting to rebuild the bottom end already i figured i can upgrade pistons and stuff like that... any help would be great! thanks
YOu have to help us and answer one very important question, Cristian:

HOw much money can you afford to throw into your new, nitrous money pit?

ANd if the pit "sinks", what willl you be willing to spend for another money pit?

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

Start with: http://sixthsphere.com/showthread.ph...ns-and-answers
Then: http://sixthsphere.com/showthread.ph...can-she-handle

Pretty much browse the NOS section on Sixthsphere until your questions are answered.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Chub
Chub will become famous soon enough

1995 SC2

Also there is some really good information here: http://saturnpioneer.webs.com/sprayansseries.htm

1995 SC2: Back on the road again after my second engine rebuild in two years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chub's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chub reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
AlexofNazareth
Master Member
AlexofNazareth will become famous soon enough

2002 SL1
2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub View Post
Also there is some really good information here: http://saturnpioneer.webs.com/sprayansseries.htm
lol. That site and its owner should be wiped from this planet.

'02 SL1 [w/ a snail-shaped muffler]
'06 Vue RL
Saturn Night is Special ED.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AlexofNazareth's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AlexofNazareth reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AlexofNazareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
sallydriver
sallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to allsallydriver is a name known to all

1999 SL2
1993 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofNazareth View Post
Why?

1998 Red SL 5spd "The Right Honorable Duke Farnsworth the Functional of Clearfield":165,000 miles
1999 Forest Green SL2 5spd "Sally": 307,100+ miles
1993 White SW2 5spd "Steve": 234,984 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sallydriver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sallydriver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sallydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofNazareth View Post
Was this really necessary? It's the first time I've seen that site. While I haven't sifted through it all yet, so far it seems to have a lot of useful information. The articles make good use of constructive criticism, and do not simply take jabs at people. Although, some proofreading is in order.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 182K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 195K miles
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L 46K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
cloud819
Master Member
cloud819 will become famous soon enough

2001 SC2

Nitrous can get expensive if something goes wrong. Be careful about playing with anything you can't afford to push off a cliff.

http://saturnpioneer.webs.com/sprayansseries.htm

I had never seen that site. It is pretty good. Claiming to be the Saturn god is probably bit far, but there is some solid info on the site.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cloud819's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cloud819 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cloud819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

You would think a "Saturn (or any other kind of) God" would know how to spell "pulley"....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
97RedSaturnSC2
97RedSaturnSC2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1996 SC2

i just read some stuff on that site, i run nitrous on another car so i know it quite well. He says to use a dry kit for a 97...
Easiest way to add nitrous to a dohc up til 97 is to use a wet kit. they are available cheap. I personally only use NOS brand equipment. the nitrous line would go into one side of the fogger nozzle and fuel into the other (through a fuel solenoid and nitrous solenoid). Use the service port on the fuel rail to get the extra fuel. I cant remember what AN size it is off hand but it screws right on. First remove the schrader valve of course. A 100 shot of nitrous would require reducing timing on the motor by approx 4* when its activated. Otherwise you can have detonation and really damage the motor. MSD makes a distributor-less ignition system that works with our cars. i use to use it on my saturn years ago. forged pistons are absolutely necessary but definitely worth it if you plan on using it often.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 97RedSaturnSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 97RedSaturnSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
97RedSaturnSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote