SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 06:51 PM   #1
film52
film52 is on a distinguished road

Default Am I being picky or is this just wrong?

Is it because of my job and hobby I expect more? I repair computers and servers for a living. If I repair something it canít be close, the repair has to be exact. After all who wants to save just some of the data? Or use half of memory? When I take a picture the tolerances are very close if I want the picture to pop or to be used for a magazine or book cover, or if I just want to frame it and hang on the wall. For a portfolio only the best will do. Yea, any one can take pictures but I consider myself a craftsman and I have to work at it.

I thought I had found a capable dealer yesterday but, I went into the garage to let the dog out last night and my brake lights were stuck on. I could play with the brake pedal and the light would go out, if I stepped on the brake pedal (just the slightest touch) the lights would stay on. I started to work on the problem myself then thought why? If I had repaired a server and it failed I would be upset if my customer had to repair my repair. The first thing I would be inclined to do would be to present a bill to the customer if the customerís repair was incorrect. So I climb in the car and make the 42-mile trek to the dealer and explain the problem. By the time I return to the dealer the brake lights donít function at all. The service guy shakes his head says sorry and rents me a car. The process was nice and sterile and takes 3 hours, for me to get there deal with the service write up get the rental and get home. A Saturday morning shot. Not the way I want to spend my weekend morning, especially on something I shouldnít have to deal with in the first place. I didnít expect to collect my car in worse shape after the repair than before I took it in. So is it me being too picky, is this just one of those things or is it just wrong?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to film52's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help film52 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2001, 12:09 PM   #2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

<blockquote><hr><font size="1">Original Post:</font><!--1-->
The first thing I would be inclined to do would be to present a bill to the customer if the customerís repair was incorrect.<hr></blockquote>

Maybe I read your post wrong, but did you mean "the <b>last</b> thing . . .?"

I think everything's been handled fairly so far. Now if the service guy had said, "Sorry, but the brake lights have nothing to do with the original fix," and tried to charge you for a 2nd repair, that would be different (I say this not knowing for what you had the car into service).

Chances are, the brake lights <i>were</i> working when you left the dealer, which is why they didn't notice, and why you didn't notice until you got home. Then they progressively got worse on your drive back. If the brake lights were sticking while in the service bay, chances are the mechanic would've mentioned it to the service advisor, and they would've told you and checked it out, rather than send you off with something which would be discovered so quickly.

There have been worse cases of poor service depts reported here, so unless you're sure the problem existed when you picked it up, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Heartbeat - '95 SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Heartbeat - '95 SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread