SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
laser3kw
laser3kw will become famous soon enough

2000 SC1
Default Saturnfans site has a malicious url?

has anyone else gotten a notice from their antivirus that this site has a malicious url attached to it? My Avast! network shield popped up that this site has
object: "http://www.cloud-jscrpit.com/gate.php
infection: url:mal
process: c:\program files (x86) Mozilla firefox\firefox.exe
Anyone know what this means? It pops up with site only and just started tonight. I have used firefox for 10 years with no problems.
any help would be appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to laser3kw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help laser3kw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
laser3kw is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
campus189
campus189 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1
1997 SL2
Default Re: Saturnfans site has a malicious url?

I have been on this site with Firefox, mostly Opera & IE, never seen that before on any of mine.

1997 Saturn SL2 144,000 Miles
1997 Saturn SL1 254,000 Miles
1997 Saturn SL1 157,000 Miles
1996 Saturn SL1 97,000 Miles

Also known as FiremanCV on YouTube

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to campus189's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help campus189 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
campus189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Avast will do things like that. Gives false positives for some things that are not.

Looks to be harmless. You can copy and paste the URL and it will resolve so you can see it.

var _0x3bb1=["\x68\x61\x73\x68","\x6C\x6F\x63\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x 6E","\x68\x72\x65\x66","\x23","\x72\x65\x70\x6C\x6 1\x63\x65","\x69\x6E\x69\x74"];SecBanner={init:function (){if(window[_0x3bb1[1]][_0x3bb1[0]]){} else {location[_0x3bb1[4]](document[_0x3bb1[1]][_0x3bb1[2]]+_0x3bb1[3]);} ;} };SecBanner[_0x3bb1[5]]()

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
rcglextacy
rcglextacy is on a distinguished road

my Avast is doing it too, ANNOYING. Ive been thinking about switching virus scanners for a while. this just might be enough to push me to do it. glad im not the only one its doing this to

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rcglextacy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rcglextacy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rcglextacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Attention Re: Saturnfans site has a malicious url?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser3kw View Post
has anyone else gotten a notice from their antivirus that this site has a malicious url attached to it? My Avast! network shield popped up that this site has
object: "http://www.cloud-jscrpit.com/gate.php
infection: url:mal
process: c:\program files (x86) Mozilla firefox\firefox.exe
Anyone know what this means? It pops up with site only and just started tonight. I have used firefox for 10 years with no problems.
I am surprised and concerned by your antivirus software's alert. Periodic scans of the server have never turned up any issues. My PC's AV software has never alerted me to any issues either. That being said, it is important for me to make sure everyone is comfortable browsing the SaturnFans.com. I've made a note of alert and I'll do some investigating to make sure it is indeed an Avast issue like other folks have suggested.

Thanks,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
simkid5614
Advanced Member
simkid5614 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2

Avast Posts mine too, I'll just ignore, Considering AVAST's 98 percentile rate, Vs. Norton and AVG. It hasn't led me wrong before.

2002 SL2 115k "Whisper" No leaks!! :) 115 and going strong..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to simkid5614's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help simkid5614 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
simkid5614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #7
TXSaturn02
Master Member
TXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura aboutTXSaturn02 has a spectacular aura about

2002 SL2

Quote:
If Charlie can't help you, nobody can.

2002 SL2 Manual - new in November, 2001
As of 09/30/17: 223,751 Miles - SOLD
New owner report of 08/08/19: 234,408 Miles

2013 Mazda 3 HB - new in October 2012
As of 07/25/18: 51,495 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXSaturn02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXSaturn02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXSaturn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
billcuff
billcuff has a spectacular aura aboutbillcuff has a spectacular aura about

1999 SW2

I also have avast and this just started yesterday afternoon. I am getting the alert in both firefox and chrome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billcuff's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billcuff reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billcuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
sajor
sajor is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2

It is most likeley that an Avast signature update is giving a false positive for some linked ad. I've seen it do that before. But free is free, and it is actualy a good AV.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sajor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sajor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
laser3kw

2000 SC1

thanks to Charlie and to all that have reported their experiences. I am glad(?) that others are seeing what I am seeing. I hope that avast can fix their latest update to resolve this "false" report.
so far I have only had this "alert" on this site and no others - yet!
thanks again

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help laser3kw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
laser3kw

2000 SC1

well, it got worse. before, it would just pop up a warning. Now it is blocking access to any of the forums. I have to use my work computer to post! got to love it...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
sajor

1996 SC2

Quote:
well, it got worse. before, it would just pop up a warning. Now it is blocking access to any of the forums. I have to use my work computer to post! got to love it...

I submitted a false positive report to Avast, who knows how long it will take them to do something about it.

In the meantime, I just disable the Avast web shield when viewing the forums.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help sajor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 PM   #13
sideup66
sideup66 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Sounds like a false positive, I use Microsoft Security essentials (Yes, its somthing Microsoft actually did right!) And it doesnt have bad detection rates to boot. That doesnt seem to complain nor have I noticed any out of the ordinary behavior from coming here... One of 2 things are happening. 1. Dirty site loading in the ad system (possible but I doubt) and 2. False positive (more possible) probably the second. They should figure it out eventually and fix that. They make a good product.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sideup66's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sideup66 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sideup66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
laser3kw

2000 SC1

Quote:
In the meantime, I just disable the Avast web shield when viewing the forums.
Thanks for the tip. I found a spot in my Avast that allows you to assign and "exemption" for web sites. That allows me to get to the site, but I still get the pop up warning. Better than nothing, I hope they fix it soon. I hate to disable it, just in case there is something malicious waiting for the opportunity to launch.
Where do you go (Avast's web site) to submit a report? I looked at some of the forums but wasn't sure which one would get the proper attention.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #15
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

This might help temporarily until Avast gets a handle on it; download AVG's free anti-virus program and disable Avast for the time being.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
sajor

1996 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
This might help temporarily until Avast gets a handle on it; download AVG's free anti-virus program and disable Avast for the time being.
Having 2 AVs installed is a bad idea. If you want to use another AV, first uninstall Avast, re-boot, then install the AV of your choice. AVG and Panda are good choices.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #17
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajor View Post
Having 2 AVs installed is a bad idea. If you want to use another AV, first uninstall Avast, re-boot, then install the AV of your choice. AVG and Panda are good choices.
Actually as long as you keep one or the other disabled it will work. Funny thing -- I had one of those OEM computers and they always put friggin Norton on em () so I go and put McAfee on it without knowing of the dangers of running two AVs. Restart the computer, and it hangs on startup.

I got in with safe mode, disabled Norton's startup, and it was all gravy.

that being said, I recommend Avira's Anti-Vir

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
DigitalSaturns
DigitalSaturns is on a distinguished road

No problems using IE9 and Microsoft Security Essentials.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DigitalSaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DigitalSaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DigitalSaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
RedGeminiPA
RedGeminiPA will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

I've noticed this around the same time as others are noting - Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 - Avast...

I disabled Web Shield. I still get an alert, but it's not blocking access anymore. Their Mail Shield also foods my screen with alerts for no apparent reason, so that's been disabled since day one. Otherwise, it's nice to see an alert for updated definitions quite often.

Avid Apple, car and vacuum enthusiast. Don't hate! ;)

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

http://www.facebook.com/SaturnFansNorthEast

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedGeminiPA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedGeminiPA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedGeminiPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #20
Gripcon
Gripcon is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

I am still getting this with avast. Thinking about going to AVG

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gripcon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gripcon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gripcon is offline   Reply With Quote