SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
02L300sat
02L300sat is on a distinguished road

Default Body control module??

hello all i bought a saturn l300 2002 v6 an i been having a problem lately with it. car starts perfectly fine when left alone for a while then if i go to a long distance, shutoff, go in an out the car wont start back up just turns over but wont catch an another issue with this is i cant shift out of park started or not started. an a lot of lighting issues happen also with this problem like once in a while my head lights will turn off after a while or if i open the door my over head light doesn't come on. it seems like everything i do after i run the car for a while it all gets delayed like while im driving ill go from 0 to 60 in a fraction of a second lol . an my door locks r auto an lock when go in gear i can go from point a to point b an the locks will lock half way there. i been reading alot of forums about the bcm needing to be replaced ppl with the same problem as me but i would like to be sure be4 i go to the dealer an they try to give me the run around an make me pay to fix something that has nothing to do with the situation. ty for any reply's. forgot 1 more thing also if i keep going at it trying to start the car up the security light will come on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02L300sat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02L300sat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02L300sat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
02L300sat

Default Re: Body control module??

bump...........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 02L300sat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
bluesl2
bluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like a bcm failing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bluesl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bluesl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bluesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
02L300sat

so i called the dealer they said 376 for part 230 for labor sound about right an also is the saturn dealer only person i can goto?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
s3nfo
s3nfo is a jewel in the roughs3nfo is a jewel in the roughs3nfo is a jewel in the rough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

yes and yes. Well, actually you can take it to anyone who has a Tech II scanner and the GM code to reflash the new BCM with the specific specs for your car, but that generally means a GM dealer.

Jerry N

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Groucho Marx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s3nfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s3nfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s3nfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
02L300sat

i have 1 more thing to ask. i just ben searching forums to see if anyone else had the same problems as me. so i just came to the assumption that its the bcm. my service light is on also i forgot to mention. should i have them at saturn check it? i was going to but i seen alot of ppl who had the dealer check theirs an they would say its one thing but when they take the car home they werent even close to the actual reason for the problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
fixtheL300
fixtheL300 is on a distinguished road

I am having all of the same problems you are. I am so glad i found someone who is, even though it is at our misfortunes lol. i was wondering if the bcm fixed your problem. My wallet has shrank significantly since the decline of work in my area so if i can avoid taking it to I hope it did fix it. If so i will be buying one tomorrow so that my wife can be happy again lol. Thanx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fixtheL300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fixtheL300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fixtheL300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02L300sat View Post
.... my service light is on also.... should i have them at saturn check it?....
You can have Saturn check for any codes from the SES indicator but expect to pay for the diagnostic fee. You can always go to Autozone or similar place for their free readings - just be sure to write down any code(s) for posting here and assistance.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:20 AM   #9
02L300sat

i did goto auto zone for the check. but they couldnt read anything cuz they said it was the obd2 light an they cant read that only the obd1. the light thats on is service with the wrench. not engine maintenance light. the engine maintenace light came on once that i can remeber which was because the gas cap wasnt on right. an i called saturbn they said it will cost 100 bucks to check it out. so i just came on here to find out what it was for myself

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #10
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Isn't it the other way around? Since '96, all cars must have OBD II. Pre '96 used the older OBD I system. Autozone is correct with the inability to read service wrench error codes as these would be specific to Saturn requiring either better readers or a trip to Saturn for diagnosis. Better readers are available for less than $200 now as more foreign imports flood the market with affordable personal readers capable of reading manufacturer specific error codes that generic Autozone ones aren't capable of. Generally, most SES (service engine soon) codes can be read by auto store readers but not wrench codes and that's the misunderstanding. The service wrench indicator is telling you that any error code(s) are not emissions related like the ABS/TC system, bcm failure, factory anti-theft system issues, air bag faults, etc..

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #11
02L300sat

so i been avoiding getting inspection till i got this fixed an ur saying i coulda got myh car inspected? that woulda saved me that ticket. so should i have the read it or is it obviously the bcm?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #12
02L300sat

also i have another question if i get stuck again where i cant start the car is there a way i can reset the bcm to make it start back up without all this frustration waiting for a few hours to go by?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #13
02L300sat

bumps....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-09-2010, 04:07 AM   #14
02L300sat

well today i got my key recut. from the looks of it it looked pretty worn works on everything ( doors ignition trunk) but that wasn't the problem it still wont start when warm an now that its starting to get warm outside its giving me the problem no matter how long it sits for. unless its just the problem getting worse? but still got the security light an gauges an door locks an shift still not working. i plan on going to the dealer in a couple weeks cant afford to do it now. i hate to go there an they say no its not that its this. an it still not work an having the same problem. but if it is the BCM would i still be able to start the car cuz eventually i get it started an shifted???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
bluesl2
bluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of light

Replace the bcm,there's no other fix for it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bluesl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #16
02L300sat

should i buy bcm factory or get it from autozone or advanced?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
bluesl2

I don't know if you can get one aftermarket, it may be a dealer only item, and it needs to be programmed as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #18
02L300sat

ok tyvm for the info

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #19
02L300sat

sorry to keep going on with this thread but im new to saturn my last car was an 89 honda civic there was not much to it easy to work with. i was able to start my car after it got like 30 degrees outside it started like nothing happened. but when its warm or warm outside it is a pain to start. i just wanna make sure that it is exactly the bcm cuz if i goto the dealer an they wanna replace sumthing else an it still dont work after that i dont wanna have to cuss him out cuz i have a pretty bad temper an very easily aggravated. my exact symptoms r:

wont start when warm out or hot engine
wont shift when warm out or hot engine
cluster all gauges dont work
locks wont work with the button
security light comes on after a while trying to start it
an sumtimes when i get it started the consoles lights an all around the cluster r very dim or not on an i even sumtimes end up driving with the security light on. the radio an windows r fine no problems with them at all.
sumtimes im sitting there for so long trying to start the car the battery dies.

an the gauges act weird. say im on the highway doin 60 it will be at zero an wont goto the speed im actually for like 5 10 20mins depending how long i drive an sometimes it just dont move at all.

so a little if that is any help to it being positive that its the bcm i would really appreciate it i know im being a pain but just need more assurance with the issue.

Last edited by 02L300sat; 03-11-2010 at 03:44 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
Wolfc70
Wolfc70 will become famous soon enoughWolfc70 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02L300sat View Post
sorry to keep going on with this thread but im new to saturn my last car was an 89 honda civic there was not much to it easy to work with. i was able to start my car after it got like 30 degrees outside it started like nothing happened. but when its warm or warm outside it is a pain to start. i just wanna make sure that it is exactly the bcm cuz if i goto the dealer an they wanna replace sumthing else an it still dont work after that i dont wanna have to cuss him out cuz i have a pretty bad temper an very easily aggravated. my exact symptoms r:

wont start when warm out or hot engine
wont shift when warm out or hot engine
cluster all gauges dont work
locks wont work with the button
security light comes on after a while trying to start it
an sumtimes when i get it started the consoles lights an all around the cluster r very dim or not on an i even sumtimes end up driving with the security light on. the radio an windows r fine no problems with them at all.
sumtimes im sitting there for so long trying to start the car the battery dies.

an the gauges act weird. say im on the highway doin 60 it will be at zero an wont goto the speed im actually for like 5 10 20mins depending how long i drive an sometimes it just dont move at all.

so a little if that is any help to it being positive that its the bcm i would really appreciate it i know im being a pain but just need more assurance with the issue.
Sounds like BCM issues. The no hot start could be caused by a bad CPS (crank position sensor) if the car is a V6(common failure), but all others are BCM related.

"I tip my hat to the man who drives an Alfa Romeo" - Henry Ford

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wolfc70's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wolfc70 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wolfc70 is offline   Reply With Quote