SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Support Forum for Canadian Saturn Owners
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
londonxr3
londonxr3 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Saturn/Saab of Kitchener/Waterloo to remain open.

Received a letter in the mail today from Saturn/Saab of KW today.

It went as follows,

Quote:
To our loyal customers,

There has been a notice sent to all Saturn/Saab customers from GM Canada informing you that as of December 31, 2009 all Saturn Canada Retailers will cease operations.

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that Saturn Saab of Kitchener Waterloo will continue business as normal. As a valued customer of Saturn Saab of Kitchener/Waterloo we would like to reassure you that we are committed to all of our customer needs and we will continue to meet all your sales and service requirements.

For the past 30 years we have been devoted to servicing the KW and surrounding areas, please be reassured that we will continue with our business even after December 31.

We would like to give surety to all our customers that we will continue to meet all of your service and warranty needs as we have done in the past and will continue with in the future.

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Saturn Saab of K/W and we look forward to continuing this relationship with you in the future.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of our team members.

Sincerely,

Ray Kraishnik - President
Ron Kraishnik - Vice President
Bill Williams - Sales Team Leader
Sheila Ping - Service Team Leader
Not sure if this just means they are switching to another brand of cars and continuing to work on the Saturn's they sold or if they are just going to be a used car lot with a service department...

How are they able to do warranty work with out being part of GM?

2008 Saturn Astra XR 3 Door - Saphire Black
1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to londonxr3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help londonxr3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
londonxr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
crystal scan
Advanced Member
crystal scan is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Saturn/Saab of Kitchener/Waterloo to remain open.

sounds better then nothing?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crystal scan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crystal scan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crystal scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
2speedy4u
2speedy4u is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE

I don't think they can do warranty stuff starting in 2009. I think basically all they are saying is they aren't going to shut down the dealership, rather they're going to try and find another brand or become a used car dealer, and they'd be happy to continue to service your Saturn as that happens.

Personally though if there's no warranty and limited saturn parts available there, I'll be going to the local chevy dealer for warranty work and to a independent mechanic for routine maintenance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2speedy4u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2speedy4u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2speedy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Admiral Beez
Advanced Member
Admiral Beez is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

I received the same letter.

My initial thought was that perhaps they've got a deal with Koenigsegg to keep on selling new Saab's, while working on an agreement to offer warranty service for new Saturns.

Maybe they'll bring back Isuzu?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Admiral Beez's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Admiral Beez reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Admiral Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

I wonder if you would ask your Kitchener dealer if they have any idea where those of us that are losing our dealership (they are closing their doors) where we can take our cars. So far I haven't heard from GM although I have "mentioned" to GM Customer Service that my dealership doesn't have anyone left that knows diddly about Saturns.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
nrobertson
nrobertson is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR

I bought my Astra from that dealership last November. I spoke with the guy I bought the car off of in the spring time and he thought they may be turning into a Suzuki dealership.

Since the warranty is under GM and not Saturn, we would have to go to a GM dealership to get work done.

I'm hoping that this dealer stays in the GM network, that way the technicians would have the knowledge and experience compared to chev dealers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nrobertson's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nrobertson reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote