SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
YourMainParadox
Advanced Member
YourMainParadox is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Alignment issues/ questions

I got my alignment done the other day and it is pulling to the passenger side now and it wasn't before. I could let go of the wheel and it would stay going down the road. For any of you Vue owners does this look right and did they do a good alignment? Also are the min and max specifications correct and did they adjust everything on the Vue (that can be adjusted) as far as it should have been? Sorry I have never actually even had an alignment done before so I am a bit new to this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YourMainParadox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YourMainParadox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
YourMainParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Alignment issues/ questions

All roads have cross-slopes for drainage. It is not normal for a car to continue straight when you let go of the wheel unless you're on a level surface, like a building floor. Depending on the slope of the road it may drift to the left or right. Usually if you're on the right side it will drift right, and left if you're on the left side.
I don't like the look of the final measurements on your alignment. Most of them are out of spec.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
YourMainParadox
Advanced Member
YourMainParadox is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

It drove straight no matter what side of the road (or lane) I was on and had no uneven tire wear.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YourMainParadox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YourMainParadox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
YourMainParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
3RedLines
3RedLines has a spectacular aura about3RedLines has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE Red Line
2004 VUE Red Line

Both your front left and right camber is off. Some offset strut bolts and a realignment should take care of it.
(Snippit from svc manual):
When the wheels tilt outward at the top, the camber is positive (+). When the wheel tilts inward at the top, the camber is negative (-). The amount of tilt is measured in degrees from the vertical. Camber settings influence the directional control and the tire wear

It looks like you have 1 wheel not tilted enough and the other is tilted too much

I won't even get into the rear alignment

2007 STS-V
2006 STS 1SC
2005 STS 1SE MRC, ACC, HUD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 3RedLines's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 3RedLines reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
3RedLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
davcon
davcon is on a distinguished road

i havent compared my report with yours but my alignment guy, said the rear had to be re-drilled as there was little adjustment in the camber. ( i think it was the camber)
He fixed it up and my tires I hope will wear properly now.
might have your guy relook at it. Im sure it wont cost to have them look at it again.

says he does this quite often -

my car tracks straight down the road. most roads will slope slightly but your vehicle should still drive pretty straight without fighting it.

imo

'04 Black Vue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davcon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davcon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davcon is offline   Reply With Quote