SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
AURAXEX2
AURAXEX2 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE
Default Viberation Between 40-65 Mph

I bought two Aura xe's last week,both identical cars, except one viberates like crazy. Brought it back in a week and the dealer put 3 differents sets of tires on it and said "oh its better" drive until 3000 miles and see if it clears up. That service for you,spend 45k and get to drive it the way it is. Called Saturn c/r dept, no luck they refer you back to the dealer. Went into excahnge it for another one and of course they dont have one like this one, so they wanted me to put down additional $4500.00 to exchange it. What a bunch of bs...so now i stuck with a viberating,very annoying car.Has anyone else had this issue? The xe with steel wheels,hubcaps. One is great the other one is so annoying that i parked in the driveway and rented a car. The service dep'ts response is that's the way it is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AURAXEX2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AURAXEX2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AURAXEX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Viberation Between 40-65 Mph

take it in again

then again

that's 3 times for same issue. Lemon law!

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #3
svenster
svenster is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Is there another dealer near you? Not only is that not usually how Saturn operates but if you bought two of them they should be kissing your butt. If the car has less than a thousand miles on it they have to exchange it for you, its a Saturn policy. Id find another dealer or make a big fuss at the one that is treating you this way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to svenster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help svenster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
svenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
steveluvs3
steveluvs3 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1997 SC1

i had a bad vibration the 1st day i bought it, took it back and they rebalanced the tires and it got better but it still has a slight vibration after 45, I havent had the time to take it in but when I do u can guarandammtee it will not have an vibration when I leave.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steveluvs3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steveluvs3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steveluvs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
satorhon
satorhon is on a distinguished road

I have had my 08XE in twice for the same vibration - of course they tell me "well about half of them do it" what a bunch of bs. I think thiere is some problem here - but feel I am stuck with it for the next 3 yrs - thank oodness I leased - because it sucks to drive the car really - and thats a shame.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to satorhon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help satorhon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
satorhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
cverstij
cverstij is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2008 VUE 3.5L

Don't put up with that! Leave the car in front of the service dept door and tell them you aren't coming back until it is fixed. I'd write Saturn corporate too.....to the highest ranking POS that exists and copy everyone including their mother and brother.

"That's how it is"..........no, "This is how it is!!! Punch, kick, jab....here's your ******** vibration pal!!"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cverstij's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cverstij reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cverstij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
AURAXEX2

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

I CALLED SATURN CUSTOMER SERVICE,THEY CALLED ME BACK TODAY TO CALL THE DEALER. hERE WE GO ROUND AND ROUND!
I DID ASK HER,WHY HAVE AN EXCHANGE IF YOU CAN NOT EXCHANGE IT FOR ANYTHING?
ACCORDING TO THE SALESMAN, IT IS ONLY WITH THE STEEL WHEEL/HUB COMBO AND MY TIRES ARE HANKOOK.
SO NOW WOULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN SO MUCH EASIER FOR THE DEALER TO REPLACE THE TIRES WITH NEW TIRES INSTEAD OF ALL OF US WASTING TIME AND ENERGY?
ITS FUNNY THOU, 6 YEARS AGO OR SO, I BOUGHT TWO VUE'S, ONE V6, ONE WITH THE CVT TRANNY(JUNK),THE FIRST 3000 MILES, IT SPEND 45 DAYS IN THE SHOP. I JUST WENT AND TRADED THEM BOTH IN AND VOWED I WOULD NEVER GO BACK, HENCE HERE I AM!
I BELIEVE PART OF SATURN PROBLEM IS THERE ARE DISTRICT SERVICE REPS, YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE DEALER/SERVICE MANAGER. I LUV WHEN THEY SAY TAKE IT TO ANOTHER DEALER,THEY SAME PEOPLE OWN ALL THREE OF THEM IN WEST CENTRAL FRIDAY!
LOOKS LIKE I MAY HAVE TO CHANGE MY LOGIN TO AURAXEX1!...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help AURAXEX2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
AuraXR
AuraXR is on a distinguished road

I would suspect the tires. If they have a bad belt or run out/hop then that would do it. I would have the tire's replaced under warranty either by Saturn or Hankook.

Good luck!

Rgds,

AuraXR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
softwheat
softwheat is on a distinguished road

I just want to say hi to everyone in the board, I own a 2007 Saturn Aura XE that was vibrating very very bad when I got it, I continued for 3 months like that because, I actually work at a Saturn Dealership and the tires had flat spots on it so I thought driving it over 3,000 miles would solve the problem, I was wrong, What you need to do is have the technicians at a Saturn dealership hook up your tires to a force gauge, and it will tell them how much pressure/vibration that is going straight to your shocks. My dealership has replaced the tires for the customers. But it ended up that mine were really bad they replaced 2 tires the car now runs like a brand new car. However the Hanook tires don't get me wrong they are great tires, they will have some vibration very very very little though. I hope this helps

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to softwheat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help softwheat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
softwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
davisindy
davisindy is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

I have the same problem with my 2007 Aura XR and also had the same problem with a 2007 HHR.

Both these cars had different size and manufacture of tires.

The HHR developed a bad case of warped brake rotors (they all do as itís a common problem), but after the rotors were turned the 45-60MPH vibration went away.

Which makes me wonder if the new rotors are not warped just a little bit when they are produced and causing this vibration problem.

2007 Aura XR
2005 Vue AWD V6
1965 Riviera Gran Sport
1968 Skylark Gran Sport
1971 Estate Wagon
1987 Reagal T-Type

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davisindy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davisindy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davisindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #11
STRNGUY
STRNGUY is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURAXEX2 View Post
I bought two Aura xe's last week,both identical cars, except one viberates like crazy. Brought it back in a week and the dealer put 3 differents sets of tires on it and said "oh its better" drive until 3000 miles and see if it clears up. That service for you,spend 45k and get to drive it the way it is. Called Saturn c/r dept, no luck they refer you back to the dealer. Went into excahnge it for another one and of course they dont have one like this one, so they wanted me to put down additional $4500.00 to exchange it. What a bunch of bs...so now i stuck with a viberating,very annoying car.Has anyone else had this issue? The xe with steel wheels,hubcaps. One is great the other one is so annoying that i parked in the driveway and rented a car. The service dep'ts response is that's the way it is.

First off, I'd just like to say that my 08 Aura XE is as perfect a car as I could ever want.. No vibrations, no nothing...
Secondly, and please correct me if I'm reading this wrong... You say you wanted to exchange your car, under the Saturn exchange program, but the dealer doesn't have an identical car. Now, you seem surprised that they would want you to pay the difference in price between your current car, and a different one that they seemed more than willing to exchange. Did I get that right?
ie-You want to exchange your Aura XE, but they don't have an identical XE. They do, however, have an XR for $4500 more. You would like the XR, but without paying the difference? If it worked that way, everyone (myself included) would buy a stripped 4 cylinder XE for $20K and then go back and exchange it for a loaded XR. Hell, I'd buy a 19" tv and exchange it for an 60" LCD, too.

Oh, one more thing... It's vibRATE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to STRNGUY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help STRNGUY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
STRNGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 AM   #12
AURAXEX2

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

The point i was making was.

If your selling dealer does not have another '07 XE similarly equipped like yours and you have to pay additional $4500.00 to get another '07 XE because thats all they have left,the exchange progrem is useless for me.If i wanted a more expansive one to begin with i would have bought a more expensive one.

Update:11/30/07

The owner and GM of the dealership called and they are replacing all of the steel wheels and tires with new ones since this is a common problem (there words). So i will pick it up tonight and we will see. Lets hope,since other then this problem we love both of our Aura XE's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #13
STRNGUY
STRNGUY is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by AURAXEX2 View Post
The point i was making was.

If your selling dealer does not have another '07 XE similarly equipped like yours and you have to pay additional $4500.00 to get another '07 XE because thats all they have left,the exchange progrem is useless for me.If i wanted a more expansive one to begin with i would have bought a more expensive one.

Update:11/30/07

The owner and GM of the dealership called and they are replacing all of the steel wheels and tires with new ones since this is a common problem (there words). So i will pick it up tonight and we will see. Lets hope,since other then this problem we love both of our Aura XE's.
Well, I really hope everything works out for you. I love my Aura, but I can appreciate your frustration. Keep us posted.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to STRNGUY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help STRNGUY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
STRNGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #14
softwheat

Well just to update everyone, I thought putting 2 new tires on the car stopped the vibration, it started again this morning and evening, again I work at a saturn dealership, They couldn't tell me what could be causing the problem, I work bell to bell almost everyday there and I told them I was going to have it sit there until they had it fixed they told me when I purchased it the tires had "flat spots" on it so I drove it for the full 1500/30 days and now I am stuck!

Here is the funny thing though we had a 2008 Saturn Aura XE with the same specs of my car, and I thought to myself, maybe it is me and I am just driving on crummy roads right? I take out the brand new off the truck today 2008 Saturn Aura XE with the machined allow rims like mine has with the Hanook tires, and turns out that car felt twice as bad as mine. I am starting to wonder what type of rims does everyone have on their car that is having the vibration, I am starting to think that the 17" Machine allow wheels with the twin spokes in them are bad? I drove a 2007 Saturn Aura Greenline with stock 17" wheels with the plastic hubcap and there was no vibration what so ever. Keep in mind that car also had Hanook Tires.

Please let me know what you guys think. We need to all ban together and write saturn with an letter and have all of us sign it, because I can tell you these cars are still comming in with problems this is not just "A" car situation.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help softwheat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #15
AURAXEX2

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

Mine Is Still At The Dealership. The Dealership Told Me Its The Steel Wheel/hub Caps They Have Problems With Here In Florida.

I Have Steel Wheels/hubcaps On Both Of Mine,but Only One Has A Problem.

Update:
Still Waiting On Parts....4 Steel Wheels And Tires To Come In!

2007 Aura XE white
2007 Aura XE silver
2007 Aura XE techno grey (exchanged)
2007 Aura XE berry (exchanged)

Past:
2003 L200 blue
2003 Vue Cvt4 white
2002 Vue AWDV6 orange
2001 L200 silver

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #16
softwheat

Honest Reply from someone in the dealership due to "The problem in Florida" we have such flat roads that what happends that due to this the tires don't ware properly due to the fact we don't have hills, curves, etc. Tell you what I had a 1995 Nissan Sentra I drove in Minnesota and drove down here to Florida I never felt one ounce of vibration driving on the roads down here even 2 years after the fact.

However When I was at work today one of the techs came to me and said lets go for a drive, I weigh 162 lbs and carry nothing in the car due to getting better gas miliage, he got in and the vibration went away, I told him to get out of the car, and the vibration came back, this is a 243 lb guy (guessing) and I came back laughing, and told him I can't believe it just might be you because when you get in the car there is nothing. Light blub went off he said due to the way the shocks are built on the car the car will feel a lot smoother with 2 people in the car than 1 person in there. I have accepted that fact. Because I couldn't duplicate the problem with him inside the car. However it is still driving better than the 2008 Saturn Aura XE I took out the other day. What I would tell people try adding some weight in the back and seeing if this helps, or lower your PSI down to 30 psi this will help the tires absorb the vibration a little. I hope this helps anyone!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #17
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

One thing that comes to mind when you added a copilot to the car and the vibration goes away. Fact that for each 1 PSI in a tire is like adding 60 pound to a spring. In other words, there may be a pressure imbalance form left to right side that gets balanced when you add a couple hundred pounds to the passenger side.

I have Goodyear Eagle LS2's on my Aura XR (225 50SR 18) and I found, through testing that I get the best traction running 38 PSI in front and 36 in the rear.
I get the best gas mileage running (30MPG highway) 40 in front and 38 in the rear.

Now what in the H E double-tooth-picks is a Hanook tire?
Never heard of them. Where are they made? Looks like they are all OEM tires which means they are selling them to GM really cheap, probably under cost
Can you get them replaced with some OEM Goodyears?

Also try increasing the tire pressure to the high 30's. I assume they are rated about 42 -46 PSI max, so you would be safe. This will act like increasing the spring rates which might just cure the vibration.
Good Luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
periklis65
periklis65 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Hi guys...just an update. Went to the dealer this morning to have them check a knocking sound coming off my left front wheel. We went for a ride and the mechanic heard it too...so it was not one of those cases of looking like an idiot..you know when they think you are imagining things!

Anyways, he told me that it is starting to be a common problem with the suspension of the Auras but there is nothing they could do at this point. There is no service bulletin from GM, just random problems. He said that if it continues doing it and the sound/noice becomes too much I should bring it in and they will check everything...till then I have to live with it...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to periklis65's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help periklis65 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
periklis65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #19
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

my o7 aura wiper blades work really crappy in the ice. in talkeing with another 07 aura owner his ripped in pieces by the ice. now i just noticed that the 08 auras have a different wiperblades than the 07s. i dont know when the changeover occured it could have been during the 07 year im not sure as i just noticed this yesterday. anyonelse in ice climates have wiperblade probplems?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
AURAXEX2

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

Update:
The dealership replaced all 4 steel wheels,twice, two different sets of BFGoodrich tires and told me to come and get it, it was ready.

Ok, as soon as i got on the highway shimming/vibration is still there. Called them.
Told to come in Saturday..Test drove with the mech...feels it..ok back to the dealership, he is gonna "index" the wheels...2 hours later we go for another ride, still vibe/shimming...Mech "i have no idea what to do next". left it there again for them to call GM...

I have owned this car, one month and they have had it for 3 weeks already...Now i'm getting upset. This well be there third and final attempt.
Florida Lemon law is next..

PS i guess after spending 50k on two Aura's i should be happy atleast one is good!

2007 Aura XE white
2007 Aura XE silver
2007 Aura XE techno grey (exchanged)
2007 Aura XE berry (exchanged)

Past:
2003 L200 blue
2003 Vue Cvt4 white
2002 Vue AWDV6 orange
2001 L200 silver

REWARD EXCELLENCE!