SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2000, 10:13 AM   #1
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Default A Few Bad Owners

From time to time we see complaints on this message board about bad treatment received by customers from Saturn Corporation or retailers. Something else needs to be added. When you observe long term employees who you know are friendly, dedicated and conscientious become visibly upset because of treatment by owners you are reminded that owning a Saturn does not prevent a person from acting like a first rate jerk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2000, 10:22 AM   #2
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

So, so true.

When people treat dealer employees like dogs, the employees certainly suffer.

My philosophy is to thank people when they treat me right. In fact, at the dealership today, my service advisor thanked me for the message I left on his phone last week thanking him for helping my son with a problem involving his SL1.

The philosophies of Jesus Christ are followed by the believers that run Saturn of Raleigh, and it's only fair to stop once in a while and thank those who've done you right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2000, 03:09 PM   #3
L100
Advanced Member
L100 is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I think a lot of misunderstanding could be cleared up if the customers knew the roles of the employees and vice versa. You can't expect a service person to completely fix engineering problem with the vehicles. You can't expect the salesman to know everything ther is to know about everything.

Saturn dealership employees are, in general, the most knowledgable I've seen. They are straightforward, direct and to the point. I appreciate that in a sales experience. I don't like to be hustled.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L100's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L100 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2000, 07:48 PM   #4
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

John,

I agree!

The Service Advisor position is one I would NOT take for double my current salary! Same holds true for the Service Manager position. Unless one sees what happens on a dilay basis or has worked in a similar position, they can not know what type of STUFF these folks have to put up with.

On forums, people will READ posts from people who CLAIM to be experts. These people may well be knowledgable in the car field, BUT not necessarily on Saturns. Owners run with this information and then the battles start. Same thing happens when people jsut information from NHTSA and other sites.

What also hurts is when folks like the FAKE lawyer, gets rewarded for his "problems" and others see their personal treatment as less than.

I have also seen SOME people who ended up paying MORE for their Saturn (they bought at the wrong time), who now expect MORE when they have a problem. <<<Personally I agree with these folks>>>>>

WHO gets caught up in these situations is the Service Advisor and the Service Manager. Unfortunately, they too can have a BAD minute/hour/day. When they do, for whatever reason, someone is affected either directly or by what they overhear.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-02-2000, 08:58 PM   #5
BobL
Master Member

Agreed again.

Most of my LS problems (like the infamous tush issue) are design errors not service problems.

When my dealer did everything possible to fix the seat, I then escalated to Spring Hill rather than beating on the dealer crew. It was a design issue, and the engineers would need to tell the dealership how to fix it. In fact, this was my main point with Spring Hill - my dealer went 150% on this - it's design related - you guys need to find out how to fix it.

Just week the Saturn TAC (technical assistance center) forwarded some parts and instructions to Saturn of Raleigh, and they did what the TAC suggested.

Hope the problem is now solved.

As a former customer relations manager at Mobil, it's easy to confirm that you should never take out your frustration on the poor slob who's trying to help you. If you be firm, businesslike, and precise in your requests, you should be treated fairly by any honorable organization.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2000, 02:39 AM   #6
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

The old chestnut that you should treat others as you want them to treat you is just as true today as it ever was!

Another equally apt thought is that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2000, 11:53 AM   #7
Abe95SC2
Abe95SC2 is on a distinguished road

Agreed.

Even thought I HATE my retailer's business practices, I like the guys in my service department. They are very helpful and I treat them with the utmost respect. It is not fair to pick on the guys who are just doing what they are told. If you treat them nice they may do a little more than they are told.

Sorry this post was a little incoherent. I think sleepdeprivation is starting to set in.

Abe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Abe95SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Abe95SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-05-2000, 01:07 PM   #8
film52
film52 is on a distinguished road

One doesnít have to act like a first rate jerk in order to get bad service and acting like a jerk doesnít get one good service either. I have a problem with my dealer but I have yet to raise my voice or insult anyone at the dealership in any way shape form or fashion. I have been told I am a big scary looking guy, a notion I try to go out of my way to dispel (except when guys show up to take my daughter out then I flex the notion a bit). Surely you arenít suggesting all complaints are invalid and are only made by jerks. I have worked retail and managed a large retail outlet for more than three years. I had valid complaints and outrageous complaints and in both cases complaints were screamed and presented in a calm manner. I well know itís harder to listen to a complaint when itís being hurled at ear shattering volume and itís harder to get the complaint acted upon. I would not treat anyone like a jerk most especially waiters, waitresses and excluding IRS agents. No more than owing a Saturn prevents an owner from being a jerk does working for Saturn mean the employee is 100% correct or infallible

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to film52's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help film52 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2000, 01:09 AM   #9
John10
Master Member

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

film52- My comments were place and situation specific, and I stand by what I said. I have seen employees of various capabilities and performance standards at my Saturn retailer come and go, but there is a cadre of outstanding people there who have worked at their jobs for several years and proven their worth to me beyond any doubt. It is not because they work for a Saturn retailer that I feel that way but rather it is because I have observed that they as individuals are that damn good at what they do. I am as supportive of the people like this as I am of my own employees and business collegues who perform well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2000, 11:15 AM   #10
film52
film52 is on a distinguished road

John5
I will agree with that statement. Itís hard enough to find good service and when I find a place that offers good service, regardless of the venue, I say thanks and take my business back when I can

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to film52's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help film52 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2000, 06:02 PM   #11
JasonD
JasonD is on a distinguished road

Hey as far as I am concerned, never piss off those who handle your food or your car. You never know what they may do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JasonD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JasonD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-06-2000, 07:44 PM   #12
SteveP
SteveP is on a distinguished road

JasonD is right on both counts. Go check out:

http://stainedapron.com/

It is both outrageously funny and downright scary at the same time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SteveP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SteveP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-07-2000, 08:24 AM   #13
BobL
Master Member

Hey,

Remember my high school days in fast food. worked at Nathan's, the biggest hot dog seller in the world.

There was a soda mix room where tanks of syrup were connected to the Co2 system. The tanks would be refilled when they ran out and the soda came out as seltzer.

One of the kitchen crew was disgruntled and would routinely piss in the orange drink tank after adding syrup.

Yuk!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Old 12-07-2000, 02:49 PM   #14
JasonD
JasonD is on a distinguished road

HEHE, that reminds me of my highschoioldays, when my friend dumped a cup of piss into the soup container. I still give him crap about that now. OF course, now he realizes it was dumb, but hey, high school kids are dumb.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JasonD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JasonD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-07-2000, 06:54 PM   #15
John10
Master Member

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Bob L. and Jason, now that this conversation has degenerated, all of us want to know how you thought the soda and soup tasted.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-08-2000, 08:11 AM   #16
BobL
Master Member

Never tasted bad to me. Don't know if I ever got the (enriched) version of the orange drink, however.

Once the word got out, most of us stayed away from the orange and stuck to Coke. Hope he didn't piss in that too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Old 12-08-2000, 10:31 AM   #17
patrick 96sl2
patrick 96sl2 is on a distinguished road

I knew a guy who used to piss in the pickle container at McDonalds.

This thread is getting very disturbing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to patrick 96sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help patrick 96sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-08-2000, 07:23 PM   #18
Pylon_Boy
Pylon_Boy is on a distinguished road

There was a taco bell in some middle of no where town in Illinois. Well, for some reason there was only one guy working there. Since no one was there he decided to urinate in the meat and ejaculate in the sour cream. They also caught on the security camera people eating his "special" taco. My friend lived in that town. He never ate there again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pylon_Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pylon_Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-08-2000, 07:30 PM   #19
patrick 96sl2
patrick 96sl2 is on a distinguished road

Now THAT is gross!

I think I will be eating at home tonight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to patrick 96sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help patrick 96sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-09-2000, 11:29 AM   #20
BobL
Master Member

Speaking of gross food handling, there was an expose on TV of unsanitary restaurant practices.

One episode was of a Dunkin Donuts in Long Island, NY where the employee scratched her frontal crotch area while making the biscuits and donuts.

Guess you'd call 'em "made from scratch" <grin>!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Closed Thread