SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Default Taking a break from it.

I have a bunch of Saturns.

Consequently - I work on a bunch of Satu rns.

Except from mid November till sometime in the spring.

November 15 is deer firearm season opening day. So I am usually hunting (got 4 this year) or butchering deer (my 4 and my SO's one and sister's one) and filling the freezer. After the first of the year I generally am busy with some project - and getting ready for maple syrup season. This year the project is a new syurp arch (what you use to boil it). This year I'm doing a redesign and supercharging it.

If a car breaks down - we'll just have to drive a different car....

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2 x 2 yellow
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
DIYguy
Master Member
DIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2
Happy Re: Taking a break from it.

Sounds like fun actually.
You can have all our deer if you like, be my guest.
They are nothing but four-legged rodents and road hazards as far as we are concerned.
We hit one a few years ago and have had many, many near-misses since then.
The best deer is one slow-cooked with a dry rub IMHO (yum).

DIYguy

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

97SC2 Saturn (gone but never forgotten), Gen6 Camaro, Cruze Eco, Chevy SS P/U, Honda VT1100C, Honda CBX

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DIYguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DIYguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DIYguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Taking a break from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYguy View Post
Sounds like fun actually.
You can have all our deer if you like, be my guest.
They are nothing but four-legged rodents and road hazards as far as we are concerned.
We hit one a few years ago and have had many, many near-misses since then.
The best deer is one slow-cooked with a dry rub IMHO (yum).
My favorite is backstraps oven baked in a covered glass dish in sweet red wine, garlic, onion and black pepoer. 3-4 hours at 350f.

Cut with fork.

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2 x 2 yellow
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

We are in the midst of a weekend heat wave here in Connecticut. Temps in the mid sixties instead of in the 30s. I changed the oil in my Saturn and 07 Pacifica. Tried to start installing lower control arms but a little grease fitting hole defect in the new part slowed me down to the point I had to stop and clean up. -Looks like this’ll have to wait.

• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #5
DIYguy
Master Member
DIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2
Thumbs Up Re: Taking a break from it.

Quote:
My favorite is backstraps oven baked in a covered glass dish in sweet red wine, garlic, onion and black pepoer. 3-4 hours at 350f.

Cut with fork.
Oh my.
What time should we be there for dinner?

DIYguy

97SC2 Saturn (gone but never forgotten), Gen6 Camaro, Cruze Eco, Chevy SS P/U, Honda VT1100C, Honda CBX

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DIYguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Would you two please stop it!? Reading this thread is making me hungry and more worse when recipe descriptions are added.........

Aaand back to our regular programming.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:34 PM   #7
focusofheart
focusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the roughfocusofheart is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Would you two please stop it!? Reading this thread is making me hungry and more worse when recipe descriptions are added.........

Aaand back to our regular programming.
I will be sensitive to your dilemma and keep an award winning Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe and a favorite Cheesecake recipe to myself and refuse to share how my father would cook deer meat.

Keeping in harmony with this forum's topic, I will let you know that both deserts have been transported by my '98 Saturn often for family gatherings.

Saturn 1998 - SL2 automatic
Singer 1952 - 301A knee driven

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to focusofheart's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help focusofheart reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
focusofheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:34 PM   #8
onlinebiker
Advanced Member

Open invite...

Anybody going to be in the Kalamazoo area -lemme know and I will put on some backstraps in the oven and some beer in the fridge...

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2 x 2 yellow
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-12-2020, 11:09 PM   #9
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

If it wasn't for a good portion of salmon steak and asparagus just a few minutes ago, the open invite is still torture.......spending hours to drive from NYC to Michigan non stop.

Home made food seems to be the best food when the cook adds their personal touch to a recipe. If I could lie to my doctor I would in a heartbeat but she will see my sudden weight gain and blood pressure skyrocketing.......... Someone will always have a better meal as some of us must watch from afar.

A ski vacation in Colorado (Vail) two winters ago allowed me to try a buffalo steak on our last night as reward for not breaking an arm or a leg while skiing Vail four days. I have short term memory loss (mostly selective) but it had to be delicious since I don't remember anything negative about it. That means the next time I'm out west for big mountain skiing, I'll have to refresh my faltering memory and try it again. High cholesterol or not.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #10
DIYguy
Master Member

1997 SC2
Happy Re: Taking a break from it.

LOL!

OK, one more thing and I will stop.
A few years ago I had bear ribs at my brother-in-law's cabin in northern Minnesota.
I helped dress it after he bagged it (with a long bow no less).
They were slow cooked for about eight hours, smothered in barbeque sauce.
A tiny bit gamy, but otherwise delicious and like onlinebiker said- Cut with a fork.
Oh, and we drove the 97' SC2 all the way to Minnesota that trip (to stay on topic).

Speaking of personal recipes-
My wife and I do a chicken salad that is easy to make and utterly delicious.
It is a meal in itself that we do at least once a week.
We had it for dinner last night in fact.

Now I'm getting hungry........

DIYguy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-13-2020, 02:09 PM   #11
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Jiminy - I just finished eating lunch, and now I am hungry again

Quote:
If a car breaks down - we'll just have to drive a different car....
lol, first-world problems.

I don't have nearly as many saturns, so if mine breaks down, I scavenge the others for parts. That's why my poor '97 has a defective MAP sensor and is missing the passenger side axle.

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote