SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
map522
map522 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Loving my new XE, even without the A/C.

After 11+ years and 157,000+ miles in my 96 SL2, I bought my Midnight Blue XE on April 30. I love it. It's powerful and comfortable, and it's got way more options than the SL2 had. Good-bye window cranks and hello speed control and CD player!
One problem though, the A/C stopped working yesterday (the compressor isn't turning on) and the dealer can't fit me in until the 18th. Since I'm the least mechanically inclined person you'll ever meet, I have no choice but to wait for the dealer to check it out. I hope the temperature doesn't hit the 90's before then!

1996 SL2 (Good-bye, I miss you, April '07)
2007 Aura XE (Welcome to the family, April '07)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to map522's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help map522 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
map522 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Loving my new XE, even without the A/C.

I suggest you look for a new dealer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
setchell
setchell is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

My dealer will give me a loaner to use if the repairs exceed 3-4 hours.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to setchell's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help setchell reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
setchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
ronjohn
ronjohn is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L
Default OMG a week and a half >

to get an appointment to fix the A/C on a NEW car! Is that because of parts or that is the first time your dealer can see you? Wow. That stinks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ronjohn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ronjohn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ronjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
map522

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
I suggest you look for a new dealer.
Unfortunately, that's not really feasable. This particular dealer is a sister dealer of the one where I bought the car, and they're only about 1 mile from work. Since I'm single, live alone, and don't own another vehicle, it's most convenient for me to have the car serviced there while I'm at work. I can get a ride back and forth to work either from the courtesy van or from a co-worker.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help map522 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Even being the "least mechanically inclined" shouldn't prevent you from reading your owner's manual to find the fuse boxes and check if the a/c fuse is blown. Surely you can do that can't you? Coax a friend into helping you in exchange for a ride in your new car! It may be as simple as that or a loose connection under the hood as it sometimes stares right at you. Trusting someone to look things over w/o taking anything apart won't void your new car warranty while you're counting the days till the service appointment arrives.

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #7
paul075
paul075 is on a distinguished road

The easy thing to do is check the fuse panel. this might solve your problem, unless the fuse keeps blowing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paul075's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paul075 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paul075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
breckbrew
breckbrew is on a distinguished road

Two weekends ago on our way to a wedding in Baltimore (of course, hottest day of the year so far and we're all dressed in suits and dresses) my A/C went on my Aura XE. It was blowing nothing but hot air. Took it into the dealer, they recharged the system, I picked it up a few hours later and it still wasn't working. Even though the tech measured the air at 42 a few hours previous, now the air was coming out at about 100. They took it back in right away and had the compressor replaced the next day. Very quick service and took care of the problem.

Anyone else having A/C problems?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to breckbrew's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help breckbrew reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
breckbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
map522

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Even being the "least mechanically inclined" shouldn't prevent you from reading your owner's manual to find the fuse boxes and check if the a/c fuse is blown. Surely you can do that can't you? Coax a friend into helping you in exchange for a ride in your new car! It may be as simple as that or a loose connection under the hood as it sometimes stares right at you. Trusting someone to look things over w/o taking anything apart won't void your new car warranty while you're counting the days till the service appointment arrives.
Thanks for the idea, I really appreciate it. I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't even think it could be something as simple as a blown fuse. I found the fuse box under the hood (next to the battery) and the A/C clutch fuse (#1) is OK, as are all of the other fuses that were marked for the HVAC system in that box, and in the interior fuse box under the instrument panel center stack. I also checked that every visible electrical connection is properly connected. Everything looks OK to me, so now I'll just leave it up to the dealer on Monday to get it working.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!