SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #1
Chili Pepper
Chili Pepper is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Aura: Motoring 2007 Car of the year.

I'm surprised I have not seen a post about this, if so I couldn't find it. Anyway in Canada here for the past 20 years we have a weekly show called Motoring that does new road tests and reviews etc. I find its one of the better shows for this type of thing and the people on it tend to pretty honest.

Anyway this week I saw they handed out their Car of the year award to the Saturn Aura. They went on to say that every year it gets harder to pick one car and they said the Aura was GM's best new car in many many years. Sorry I am a 07 Ion3 owner so I don't know the Aura that well but the car they picked I believe had the optional V6 engine in it which they said was one of the best V6 engines in the world, period. I think it came from Cadilac??? The only complaint they said about the car was cheap plastic on the door panels.

When buying our Ion a couple months ago I remember looking at an Aura in the showroom and it was nice. It was more money than we wanted to spend but I should have at least took one out for a road test while I had the chance. As a Saturn owner though I am happy to see the Aura win and get the attention it deserves as I have felt for several years now that Saturns (in general) were overlooked/underated/ or just flew under the radar. IMO this award is good news for all Saturn owners.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chili Pepper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chili Pepper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chili Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Greenhornet
Greenhornet will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2
Dizzy Re: Aura: Motoring 2007 Car of the year.

I can't afford an Aura either, not the way I'd like it. I believe the Aura is one of the best new cars, regardless of price. So I'm waiting for an Astra which I think is pretty terrific too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Greenhornet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Greenhornet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Greenhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:14 AM   #3
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Aura: Motoring 2007 Car of the year.

"World of Wheels" (Canadian magazine) annual new car issue just came out and they picked Aura as best family car for 2007.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Cowtown_Raider
Cowtown_Raider is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Aura: Motoring 2007 Car of the year.

I was glad to see the Aura get this award, especially since Motoring is import friendly. The Aura was supposedly going to take the AJAC COTY award as well in November, but they gave it to the Camry Hybrid

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cowtown_Raider's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cowtown_Raider reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cowtown_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote