SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2019, 12:46 AM   #1
SlayZombi
SlayZombi will become famous soon enough

2001 SL
Default Coolant Temp

So since I have never had a "normal" temp since I bought my '01 Saturn, I thought I would ask here if what I have is now normal. When I bought the car I had very strange issues with RPM fluctuations and the temp needle never went above a quarter. I changed it (it was indeed OEM and cracked at the tip). High RPM's and fluctuations are gone but the temp usually doesn't go above about a quarter. 2 days ago I did a coolant change (full) with fresh Dexcool along with changing both the bottom and top radiator hose AND the thermostat while I was at it. The thermostat said made in Germany so I imagine it was the original one from 18 years ago. The car runs great still but the temp now seems to have settled at about a quarter before the halfway mark. It doesn't go higher than that so I am curious if that is actually what the real temp is supposed to be at when it's "settled" into original spec operating temps. Could it have been possible that while the old thermostat was still working it was leaking? Or is this new temp too high and I messed up somewhere?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SlayZombi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SlayZombi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SlayZombi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links