SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #1
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L
Mad I am not pleased.

Okay, I just got done driving 150 miles to come home for the weekend. Well, I get back and my dad starts talking to me about the Vue... and we all decide to hop in the car and go up and look at one. I had talked to a salesman like 2 days ago and he said that they had a white Sport+ on their lot.. well as we roll up to the dealer, I notice its sitting on the showroom floor, getting ready to be driven off by its new owner. No biggie, so we go over to look at the V6 Vues to show them the size. Well this saleslady comes out and starts the small talk. I ask if there are any more sport+ Vues and she said they just had 1 come in off of the truck, but it had not even been PDI'ed yet. I asked her if I could see it and she said no that it was around back. I like red, and it was black silver (I like this color also), so I asked when it would be available to drive. She told me Monday, and I explained that I was not going to be here Monday as I will be back at school. Well, about this time my dad inquired about the GMS pricing on the vehicle and she laughed and said it was not available, Saturn is already losing too much money. This did not exactly sit well with him. Well, we begin to walk back to the car, she goes inside, and low and behold, someone comes into the lot driving that non PDi'd black silver Vue. I don't appriceate being patronized or lied to, as she did when she found out it would be for me. They don't know it, but this particular dealer just lost a customer.
~D.J.~
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

You need to call saturn customer service center and tell them about your experience. Because that is in no way acceptable. Ive noticed a terrible slide in customer service locally here. Not just with service but in the sales staff. They seem not to be knowlegable at all and they tell incorect information....It's really sad to see.....
Old 05-03-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
BillyGoat
BillyGoat is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

D.J.

Which retailer was it? I do not know why that sales consultant would make such a statement about the GMS employee pricing. It is available on all Saturns. She was way off base suggesting GMS was not available because Saturn was losing money. Idiots like her are the reason people distrust the auto sales process. Please do not give up on VUE--go to another facility OR talk to the sales manager at this one. Wouldn't it be poetic justice to buy a vehicle from one of her peers?
Old 05-03-2002, 07:03 PM   #4
GoKyu L300
GoKyu L300 is on a distinguished road

Happy

Sounds like even Saturn sales consultants aren't immune to typical car dealership tricks and scams (that, or she just knew nothing about selling cars...maybe a bit of both...)

If you really like and want that VUE, I'd go back to the dealership, and ask for a sales consultant. If she shows up, let her know that because of her little stunt that she lost a customer. Maybe she'll learn from her mistakes for the next time....

-Bryan
Old 05-03-2002, 07:11 PM   #5
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Speaking of bs that i have gotten from sales people I remember one time I was in there and waiting to get helped there were several people sitting around not doing anything. All I wanted to do is test drive the VUE and the receptionist said that I had to use my assigned consultant.....So i ended up waiting near an hour for my assigned consultant when other ones werent doing anything the entire time. I hate lies...and dishonest people...You would think they would want to help customers....
Old 05-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #6
lcamtuf
lcamtuf is on a distinguished road

Unlike with many other brands, good experience is the rule with Saturn - but of course, there are exceptions. Apparently, this is one of these exceptions - now, my guess is that good manager wouldn't employ bad salespeople and let them lie to you, so I would give up on them. You probably can talk to the manager, but there's a chance they will also have bad service and wouldn't really care after selling you the vehicle.

So, if I were you, I'd give it another try, it does not make sense to give up on the otherwise interesting car and good service because of some morons at your local Saturn. It is more than possible you'll be treated much better by the next dealer, before and after the eventual sale.
Old 05-03-2002, 08:11 PM   #7
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

This dealership was Saturn of Dayton North, about 5 mins from my house. However, from what I have been told, the Saturn dealers that are owned by the Martin Group will not honor GMS pricing on Vue Sport + vehicles. I am going to cool off for a while and then maybe call Saturn.... I know for one my father is not pleased. My mom was dead set against me getting the Vue until she saw it - she says she likes it better than the Sc2 because it is larger and feels more substantial. Thats fine, if Saturn wants to sling s**t, I'll drive to the Mini dealer and look at a Mini Cooper... Saturn of Toledo treated me like ass because I am a 19 year old college student looking at new cars.. so "obviously I don't have any money"... well thats fine....considering im putting 10K down on my new car. I ended up driving to Saturn of Southgate Michigan to drive the last SC2 and first Vue I drove.... all I can say is, the Toledo area and Michigan Saturn dealers seem to have their acts together. I just put in a job application at one of the dealers to be an auto detailer over the summer, and this whole experience even pisses me off about that. Also, I went up and took a quick look at the Vue that was supposively around back and not PDI'ed yet, and it was a loaded Sport+... I don't want the CD/Cassette.... I would like ABS and traction control, but if I find a red Vue without it, it'll be in my driveway.
Old 05-03-2002, 08:24 PM   #8
Swizelman45
Advanced Member
Swizelman45 is on a distinguished road

Dealer profiling makes me sick. It's so obvious it's sickening. I've noticed this much more at my local VW dealer,My friend went to buy his first car from there, but were treated rudely and even had to go find a salesman, because they didn't appear to have money.

OTOH, they were very nice to us, especially since we arrived in my dad's 50k+ SUV, one thing I hate is fake hospitality. The real kicker, is when I came back by myself in my Saturn, I wasn't treated rudely, but not as near as nice.

(I'd hate to see what would happen if I looked like a sloppy poor bum, especially with my complextion)
Current Vehicles:
2003 Acura 3.2CL
2000 Saturn SL1
Old 05-03-2002, 09:13 PM   #9
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

I had on a t shirt, jeans, and sandals, my dad had on a t shirt and jeans, workboots , my mom had on shorts, a t shirt, and gym shoes. We are far from hurting when it comes to money, I can't go into it without sounding self riteous... but you know... I honestly can say I think that had something to do with it. We were there at 15 mins before they closed, but that still should not have been an issue as I have been to that dealer with another salesperson 15 mins before close, but he had no problem in tossing me the keys to an Sc2 for a test drive.
Old 05-03-2002, 09:20 PM   #10
Yankeez
Yankeez is on a distinguished road

I have been using a saturn dealer about a 1/4 mile from my house. Since 1997 and we have bought two new and one used saturn there.

I stay with them for the fantastic service dept. The sales dept. is no way near as good as the service dept. especially when trading in cars.

They offered me $500 on my clean 94' SL2 that they have done the repair and regular service on. Since I bought it there in 98'

The book list for trade in on it was $1200.
Obviously they weren't serious about selling me another saturn that day two weeks ago. I walked.

When I'm ready for another saturn I will go to saturn dealers in another county to buy. I will stick with thier great service dept. though.

I just don't think you can completely take typical auto sale B/S from a dealer that is part of a chain.

One of my first jobs was working in the parts dept. at a dodge dealer. The salesmen would regularly come back and brag to us whenever they ripped off or B/S a customer. They where a bunch of arrogant jerks , but the sales manager was even worse so if a new salesperson wasn't like that they wouldn't last long. He made them behave like that. considering he was married to the owners sister i guess he felt like he could be that anyway. my point being sometimes it's management who dictates how the sales dept. acts. try another dealer or carsdirect.com ect.

Liking the car you buy is what is important. You will live with it everyday. the sales process is only a moment compared to living with a vehicle day in day out.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:05 PM   #11
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Sales folks who profile customers like that are selling themselves short. You never know who someone is or what their ability to pay is. I work with a young guy, who has a huge annuity, (about 20k per month) and he spends a lot of money. He does not dress to impress and has been snubbed at more than one car or boat dealer. Their loss.

A family friend owns a few Ford (Found On Road Dead or Driver Returns On Foot - if going in reverse) dealerships. His clientele is largly rural folks and farmers. Many of them don't look like much, but they pay cash for their cars.

Any sales person who is too ignorant to give a potential customer the time of day is not worth talking to. The day you will buy, it won't be from them.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:27 PM   #12
silverplum
silverplum is on a distinguished road

Very interesting. I had a bad experience at 3 out of 4 Saturn dealers when it came time to trading in my 2000 LW1. I sent my local dealer a 3 page letter informing them why I traded my car in at another Saturn dealer. The owner would like to meet with me next week. This should be very interesting.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:30 PM   #13
NiteFlite
NiteFlite is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I agree this seems like a very unSaturn-like experience. However, one thing should be pointed out about GMS pricing... it is up to the dealer to decide if they wish to sell you a car at that price. It is not mandatory that they accept it and I doubt they will be willing on such a popular model.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:48 PM   #14
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

I understand that... to me that is just the icing on the cake, but thats another story. Needless to say, I have emailed 25 dealers within 300 miles of my house trying to find one who will accept GMS pricing....
~D.J.~
Old 05-03-2002, 10:57 PM   #15
Cretin_V6
Cretin_V6 is on a distinguished road

Saturn of Southgate isn't too bad. I bought my previous cars (96 SC2 and a 99 SC2) there. Both from different sales people. They don't seem to stay there for too long.

Watch out for this one sales guy, I think his name is Dan. He's a total jerk and he pulls those sales dork lines like "What can I do, to get you in a car today." You know what I'm talking about. I've dealt with that dealership from 96-2001 up until the time I traded my 99 SC2 for a Mustang.

And GM discounts are good for Saturn too. That's how I got my past 2.

Good luck. It pays to go in there with knowledge.
Old 05-03-2002, 11:40 PM   #16
SATURNFAN13185-2
SATURNFAN13185-2 is on a distinguished road

There are two Saturn dealers close to my area, and they both offer excellent service. When I was Intrepid-shopping, I explained first off that I was not interested in new cars, because I couldn't afford one. Regardless, I was treated with respect, and when it comes time to buy another vehicle (which will be a Saturn), I'll be buying it from them (Saturn of Carbondale).

For now, it took me a very long time to find a Dodge dealer worth dealing with. There are seven Dodge dealers within twenty minutes of my house. But I chose one that's about 45 minutes from my house, because of their service. They get all my service business for my Dodge.

Although from about 103,000 to 110,000 my Intrepid had very significant problems, Chrysler has reimbursed *alot* of my money. For example, the fading/delaminating Chrysler paint job that I had to have the car repainted over--that was refunded. The most recent a/c job was refunded in full, as well. And a fix was implemented to prevent the same failure again. The rack and pinion failure was also reimbursed, half of it. So that has me down to only $1,000 of repairs in the car (struts, brakes, etc--mostly routine maintenance). It now has 119,000 on it, and no problems at all. So I think I got everything worked out, so I'm keeping the Dodge for awhile yet. We shall see. But whenever I buy another, it'll be from Saturn of Carbondale. Good service makes for good customers.

The dealers you speak of don't seem to know how to get customers.

Ed
Old 05-04-2002, 12:06 AM   #17
thetruth
thetruth is on a distinguished road

Devil 01SC2boi

I'm sure salespeople at your Saturn store do want to help people. Maybe your attitude and reputation precede you.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:57 AM   #18
kolonay
kolonay is on a distinguished road

If you're in the area, I also recommend Saturn of Lakeside in Utica. I bought my '99 SL2 from them new in July of 99, and was VERY pleased by the whole experience (thanks Vince!).

I have since moved to Kentucky, where I deal with Quantrell's Saturn of Lexington. I "bought" my new VUE 4 weeks ago, and my "build date" has been pushed back three times (first from two weeks from when I paid, now to 6 weeks from when I paid). This may or may not be their fault. I'm confused since there are dealerships in Cincinnati, OH that have my EXACT VUE (Sliver, Sport+, ABS/TCS) on the lot. I can't go up there because A: I've already paid for my VUE down here, and B: Saturn of Lexington gave me an INCREDIBLE value for my Trade in '99 SL2.

I however must still drive the SL2 as my daily driver, racking up the miles, and increasing the risk of collision damage (this is paranoid, but I think that's understandable considering that they've already made me an offer, and now I"m going to bring the car in with another 1,000 miles on it). I called today to see if they would go ahead and take my car,and give me a service dept loaner until my VUE arrived. They said they couldn't do that, that they're not allowed to let folks borrow the cars except for "Warranty Service" work. That really irks me...

<rant>
Why is my car going to be 6 weeks in building (another week in arriving) when other dealerships tell me that they ordered Sport+ VUE's a "week or two ago" and they've got them on the lot...
</rant>

Anyway, thanks!

Jeremy
Old 05-04-2002, 08:55 AM   #19
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

kolonay...... that is frustrating since you live so close to the TN plant. If you decide to get the VUE at another facility, your deposit should be refundable, right? Maybe you should see if the
OH retailer can give you the same amount on your trade. Even if you stay with your current plan, you should be very happy with your new VUE.
Beautiful People First~
Old 05-04-2002, 12:17 PM   #20
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
I'm sure salespeople at your Saturn store do want to help people. Maybe your attitude and reputation precede you.
Was this supposed to be a slam against me or something?
Closed Thread