SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods

Old 04-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
burlyvue2
burlyvue2 has a spectacular aura aboutburlyvue2 has a spectacular aura aboutburlyvue2 has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 3.5L
2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Pet barrier improvement

I have a pet barrier and it works great! Keeps the doggies from jumping through the vehicle while driving. One problem with mine I have solved could help you with yours. The top of the barrier rests on the headliner and multiple installations/deinstallations and hits from the dogs can leave marks or damage the headliner material.

I made a circle of carpet the same shape but slightly larger for the top of the barrier to protect the headliner and glued it with "Gorilla Glue" to the barrier's two top ends. The installation now does not deform or abrade the headliner material "as badly" as did just the plastic end. The bottom ends of the barrier I left stock as it sits on the carpeted floor.

burlyvue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
05vueblue
05vueblue is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
Default Re: Pet barrier improvement

Good idea, I used mine for awhile and didnt like the view block. I just made my dog learn to stay back there with a few hard lessons, now we travel well.
05vueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
remigh
remigh is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

I also decided to use carpet disks to protect the headliner, seems to be working well so far.
remigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Leonard1818
Leonard1818 will become famous soon enoughLeonard1818 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

Sorry to bump such an old thread. I was just browsing for a good barrier to use in the VUE as we have two dogs that need to stay in the back (stay!).

I purchased this one here:

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Vehicle-Ba...2879974&sr=8-3

Hopefully it's similar to the Midwest branded one. It was somewhat of a gamble since it's a cheaper brand and only has 3.5 stars. I plan on using carpet on the top part of it (or some other type of padding) and per one of the reviews, I will likely use velcro on the bottom part that rests against the carpet.

Anyway, just saying thanks for the tip and seeing if there are any other helpful tips out there! Hopefully the two-day free shipping works out and we have this in time for our holiday travels!
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

I just fold the seats down and let mine roam around. He's gotten pretty good at balancing himself through turns. He's not so good about the stops though, he always falls forward when I stop, lol.

He LOOOOOVES the car. That's an understatement. He would live in the car if he could. He loves sticking his head out the windows, and puts his head in the space between the door and the seat to try to get up front. Sometimes he even tries to climb up front, we've found putting the armrests up confuses him and makes him forget about doing that (he's not very smart luckily, but he sure is cute). He got to ride in the front seat once, I don't think I've ever seen a happier creature. He even wore his seatbelt and everything, lol. He's also fond of laying his butt down on the rear seats, and having his front legs standing on the floor.

That's actually one of my favorite things about the Vue, the rear floor is low enough and the rear window is high enough that when is is standing in the back, I can still see out the rear window.
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
Leonard1818
Leonard1818 will become famous soon enoughLeonard1818 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

We used to fold down the seats but we have a baby on the way so we wanted to get them used to riding in the back. Plus, the black and white one (his name is Ollie) HATES riding in the car. He gets car sick and I can tell he isn't feeling well. He's paralyzed on his left side so he's not too sturdy on his feet but he tries to stand up ALL THE TIME. I get so annoyed! (JUST LAY DOWN!)

The brown and white one however (Lola) LOVES to go in the car. LOVES IT!

Hopefully this barrier works out cause Lola is still young and when we leave them in the car unattended for 3 minutes, she's in the front seat destroying things. She's not a destructive dog either... figure she can't hurt too much in the wayy back.
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote