SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
skijay
skijay will become famous soon enough

Default 95SL2 Power locks and 12V power stopped working

My friend just called me and told me his power door locks do not work and cig lighter does not work either. Everything else is fine, PW work, all lights on dash function as they should.

It is a 95 SL2. The owners manual is missing, so I looked at my 97 SL2's and it shows (2) 20AMP fuses located in the inside fuse box. I do not think it's the fuses as how could two blow. Any suggestions?

Here is some more info:

1. It has an aftermarket alarm with RKE
2. The cig adapter has a Y splitter, one for the radar and the other for the XM Roady power adapter.
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2004, 10:51 AM   #2
amazinghl
Master Member
amazinghl will become famous soon enough

Check the fuses...
85 GLH 367whp. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2261629#post2261629
00 Insight 72mpg
Old 04-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #3
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

IN CAR FUSE BOX. Located behind a kick panel that just pops off, PASSENGER SIDE left (console side) footwell. Cover has labels for fuses on the back of it. It will be either the BODY or PDL fuse most likely.
Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Old 04-13-2004, 04:57 PM   #4
diestrutionomeg
diestrutionomeg is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

the power locks and cigertte lighter are on the same fuse. it is very possible that he just blew it, if he is using the cigerette lighter a lot. If i remember right, on the fuse box, middle councel, passenger foot area, it is the fuse on the bottom row, all the way on the right. If it is blown, he may want to consider putting in a seperate fused circut for the cigerette lighter, or adding another cigerette lighter as a power point, on a seperate fused circut.
-Omnicron
Old 04-13-2004, 09:33 PM   #5
skijay
skijay will become famous soon enough

It was the one fuse, 20amp, inside the box in the kick panel.

the power locks and cigertte lighter are on the same fuse. it is very possible that he just blew it, if he is using the cigerette lighter a lot TRUE.....

The culprit is most likely the Delphi Roady FM modulator / power source that plugs into the cig lighter. That seems to stay on all of the time. Well actually the cig lighter has one of those 3 way converters. Last I knew it was the 2 way "Y" one. Now the radar, cell phone charger and the Roady are all working off of the cig lighter.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:36 PM   #6
diestrutionomeg
diestrutionomeg is on a distinguished road

1992 SL2

Alright, so if he is using it a lot, and the devices are "on" all the time, then he may want to wire a fused and switched circut, the fuse for overload protection, the switch so he can turn it off when the car is off. A drained battery is not a good thing. Also, increasing the amperage on a known used circut like that is not a good idea, as it could dammage the power locks.
-Omnicron
Closed Thread