saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 03:06 PM   #1
skeeter1001
skeeter1001 is on a distinguished road

Default Removing Door Panels --

Hey Everyone --

I'm looking to replace my factory door speakers and am a little nervous about removing the door panels...

I'm driving a 98 SC2.

Can someome tell me how they're held on (what kind of clip, etc. etc), and what would be involved with removing them? Also, if I should break a clip, is this something I can pick up at my local auto parts store - or would that require dealer intervention?

Thanks!
Tim
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2003, 03:11 PM   #2
R.J.Barnett
R.J.Barnett is on a distinguished road

Don't worry about it. The "clips" are very basic and available at Saturn or most auto parts stores. Just slip something behind the door panel and gently pry the old "clip" (which is more like a plastic pin) out. The power window switch requires some special care.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:13 PM   #3
skeeter1001

That's kind of what I was figuring... have ripped the rest of my interior apart it doesn't seem that it's held together with anything overly complicated...
Old 05-31-2003, 04:44 PM   #4
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

The 98's are differnt than the earlier ones. The door panels are held in/on by hooks that are part of the molded plastis door panel. The inner door release handle must be removed, window crank, all screws into the door through the panel and the triangular cover at the mirror comes off because there should be a screw behind there. Once everything is then a good sharp rap upwards on the bottom of the door paenl should pop it upwards to get it to come off of the hooks.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
Old 05-31-2003, 04:59 PM   #5
BlackBirdRacing
Advanced Member
BlackBirdRacing is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally posted by ssicarman
The 98's are differnt than the earlier ones. The door panels are held in/on by hooks that are part of the molded plastis door panel. The inner door release handle must be removed, window crank, all screws into the door through the panel and the triangular cover at the mirror comes off because there should be a screw behind there. Once everything is then a good sharp rap upwards on the bottom of the door paenl should pop it upwards to get it to come off of the hooks.
I was just yelling at my computer don't pry the door panels off!!!

I'm glad you explained the differences I hope you saved him a door panel replacement.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:07 PM   #6
skeeter1001

That's getting a litte more complicated :-D.

I have power door locks, so no window crank to deal with, and the window controls are in the center console, so no power window switch... I'll take a look around the door tomorrow to see if I can find the screws and get the triangular mirror-cover off... if it gets complicated though I may just have the local car audio place do the install for me
Closed Thread