SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
npereza5
npereza5 is on a distinguished road

Default Bought a lemon....

So I bought a an 07 Saturn Aura XR with 107k miles and had it for about 6 months and have put around 3k miles on the car. The car drove great until today when the car started bucking when trying to accelerate and im pretty sure i felt a slip or two while driving it home. Checked the codes with the actron pocket scanner and I'm getting P0700 P0752 P0304 and P0304 (pending). Did I just get the worse deal of a lifetime? I noticed people in my situation, out of warranty over 5yrs and over 100k miles, on the edmonds car forums getting out of gm with $1000-$1500 because Gm picked up the cost. Should I bring this to the dealer and contact customer service? or just buy a new engine and transmission on Ebay?
npereza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
lugnuts
lugnuts is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR
Default Re: Bought a lemon....

P0304 Is cylinder 5, p0700 IS TRANS CONTROL ERROR. 752 Is shift solenoid stuck open. I would imagine you have a bad spark plug or coil pack on cylinder 5. And I would be willing to bet your trans solenoid is bad. I wouldn't buy a new engine or tranny. I would try and fix those problems
lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Congratulations on your new AURA and welcome to the forum.

I'd love to help but this is beyond me. This issue, however, has been addressed on the forum several times before. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you've got a "lemon", just quite yet.

There are many knowledgeable and friendly people here who will share their extensive knowledge and experience as soon as they read your post. Just hang tight and don't panic.

The AURA is a terrific car and will hopefully serve you well. I traded mine in after three years of ownership at a major GM dealer (for another GM model) and was fortunate enough to be able to buy it back a year later after someone else owned it for 10 months and traded it in. After owning Hondas for the previous 30+ years prior to buying my AURA, it was the first GM vehicle I had purchased since 1984. That's how much confidence I have in my AURA. Hopefully you will have the same confidence in your AURA as well.
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 10-17-2013 at 07:00 AM.
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

try fix it. have to say buying a 2007 vehicle with 107k on it it will probably need a few things no matter what kind of car it is. hopefully after fixing these two things it will be a great car for a long time. 2007 xr is a fun car.
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
npereza5

Hey everyone thank you for the responses. This is my first relatively new gm car so when I had the chance to get it I couldnt resist the cars are amazing and interiors are the best thing since my 04 cTs. I will try that, so p0700 is going off because of P0752? Is the shift solenoid accessible without pulling the trans and is there a specific shift solenoid I should replace or should they all be replaced? Ill swap out the spark plug and the coil pack on number 5 and see if that clears it up the p0304. Is there any reason to think it is the wave plate ive been reading about at this point?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
npereza5

Just bought a service manual. Looks like there are two shift solenoids, I also cant tell whether the trans has to come out to service the solenoids, the manual I bought online seems harder to read than im familiar with.

Are shift solenoids 1 and 2 each different or the same? Anyone have the part numbers?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by npereza5 View Post
So I bought a an 07 Saturn Aura XR with 107k miles and had it for about 6 months and have put around 3k miles on the car. The car drove great until today when the car started bucking when trying to accelerate and im pretty sure i felt a slip or two while driving it home. Checked the codes with the actron pocket scanner and I'm getting P0700 P0752 P0304 and P0304 (pending).
304 is #4 misfire. I'd fix that first.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
npereza5

Okay, I will change that out first tonight.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

is there any reason to believe the tranny fluid has ever been changed? dirty fluid can cause valve stickiness.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
npereza5

I changed the spark plug which had oil on the threads and i changed the coil pack. The car ran great and it even idled clean for about 5 minutes than after i turned another corner and accelerated, to see if the hesitation was still there, the "T/C" light came on saying service traction. Came back home all service lights were gone and it gave code P0304PP (pending). I repeated the process after clearing the code and it came back. Also it is no longer idleing clean as it was when i first changed the plug.

Now the p0700 p0752 and p0304 are gone form the original 4 codes it gave me.

What is p0304 pending? Also is it normal to see a spark plug with oil if its been misfiring or is it possible a compression issue? I do not see any oil burning from the exhaust.

Also in regard to the transmission oil change. I really have no idea but it wouldnt be irrational considering I'm still cleaning gunk out of the cup holder from the prior owner. But now the transmission lights are gone and have not come back.

Last edited by npereza5; 10-18-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #11
npereza5

All is working fine now. I guess I was wrong about the location of the #4 piston on the radiator side of the engine because I took the coil pack that was off the firewall side and replaced it and the engine and transmission are running perfectly. No more codes no bucks no more problems at all.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
npereza5

while doing this I noticed oil in the spark plug tubes in #3 and #4 I didn't assume to check the others as they probably did as well. Is this from the spark plug seals? There is no oil leaking from the valve cover gaskets.