SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
wilsonchick20
New Member
wilsonchick20 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4
Question Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

dose eany one know if you can get a superchip for the saturn sky?? . im doing good to get the sky . im not pushing my luck wateing on a R/L. cause with my luck i wont get one at all .. also if eany one knows if the air intake makes a diffrants in the car .. how much faster dose it make the car .. if it dose make a diffrants should i get the one off the dealer or get a air intake some other place . my car should arrive in about 14day .. its red with black leatherin side .. its going to be flippin sweet i hope
im going crazy wateing on it.. ok thats all i wanted to know thanks ..

Last edited by wilsonchick20; 08-18-2006 at 11:16 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wilsonchick20's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wilsonchick20 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wilsonchick20 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #2
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about
 
Ritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LOL
Posts: 2,927
 

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonchick20
dose eany one know if you can get a superchip for the saturn sky?? . im doing good to get the sky . im not pushing my luck wateing on a R/L. cause with my luck i wont get one at all .. also if eany one knows if the air intake makes a diffrants in the car .. how much faster dose it make the car .. if it dose make a diffrants should i get the one off the dealer or get a air intake some other place . my car should arrive in about 14day .. its red with black leatherin side .. its going to be flippin sweet i hope
im going crazy wateing on it.. ok thats all i wanted to know thanks ..
Neither an intake or a chip is likely to have any appreciable affect on a normally aspirated engine like the one in the non-redline Sky. In the Redline, a chip could easily net you another 50-ish hp since you could conceivably goose up the boost a bit. For reference, on my twin-turbo 2.7L A6, I was able to increase output from 250 hp / 275 ft/lbs of torque to nearly 320 hp and 390 ft/lbs with a simple "chip" swap.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
Russ Bellinis
Member
Russ Bellinis is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Lakewood, Ca.
Posts: 444
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

I don't think chips have been available for cars since obdII came out in 1996 or 97. The newer computers need to be reprogrammed. It probably will depend entirely on whether or not G.M. decides to assist racers with Solstice or Sky on the track. If G.M. wants to help make Solstices & Skys competitive in SCCA road racing events they will let out tuner info to enable the aftermarket to tune the cars. If they don't release the info, the tuners will be at a disadvantage. My "toy" car is a 1987 Firebird T/A with a speed density tpi from a 1990-1992 installed on a 350 with a t-5 with 1le gear sets. It has a custom chip done by a friend in the Third Gen F-body club I belong to, but in order to do a custom chip, he needed to download the hack files for the ecm in my car. If the hack files were printed out, it would look like a telephone book, and that is just for old obd1 technology! I've seen a lot of posts on this forum over the years from people wanting hack files for the older Saturn S-2 series cars. I don't know if they ever became available.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russ Bellinis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russ Bellinis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russ Bellinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
SKYGAZR
Member
SKYGAZR is on a distinguished road
 
SKYGAZR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 87
 
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonchick20
dose eany one know if you can get a superchip for the saturn sky?? . im doing good to get the sky . im not pushing my luck wateing on a R/L. cause with my luck i wont get one at all .. also if eany one knows if the air intake makes a diffrants in the car .. how much faster dose it make the car .. if it dose make a diffrants should i get the one off the dealer or get a air intake some other place . my car should arrive in about 14day .. its red with black leatherin side .. its going to be flippin sweet i hope
im going crazy wateing on it.. ok thats all i wanted to know thanks ..
Both Superchip and JetChip say that they will have something for the SEMA show in Vegas in a few months for the show...

I would think that the normally aspirated version will yield minimal inprovements while the RL turbo could net as much as 50-60 hp gains with their chips by increasing boost, removing rev limited and increasing air/fuel mix ratios.

Things could get very very interesting for these Kappas at and after the SEMA show.

Stay tuned...

...
SKYGAZR

Order:Sky RL Chili Pepper Red w/Cobalt Red & Ebony leather, loaded, EVENT 3400

Current: Sky Chili Pepper Red w/Red & Ebony leather, loaded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SKYGAZR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SKYGAZR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SKYGAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
Russ Bellinis
Member
Russ Bellinis is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Lakewood, Ca.
Posts: 444
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

It won't be a chip that they offer, it will be a reflash program.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russ Bellinis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russ Bellinis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russ Bellinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about
 
Ritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LOL
Posts: 2,927
 

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYGAZR
Both Superchip and JetChip say that they will have something for the SEMA show in Vegas in a few months for the show...

I would think that the normally aspirated version will yield minimal inprovements while the RL turbo could net as much as 50-60 hp gains with their chips by increasing boost, removing rev limited and increasing air/fuel mix ratios.

Things could get very very interesting for these Kappas at and after the SEMA show.

Stay tuned...
People are putting out WELL over 300hp on Audi 1.8L turbocharged engines with a combination of software and a beefier turbocharger (the stock turbo is only good for about 220hp...about 70hp over stock). So it is completely possible to achive 300-350hp from the 2.0L turbo application in the Sky redline. It's just a matter of convincing the aftermarket to create product for such a limited production run. If that aftermarket interest does show up for the party, the Sky Redline would be a bargain in the performance roadster category. I suspect the performance is more limited by GM's fear of it encroaching on lower end Corvette sales than any real limitation of the engine/platform itself.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #7
Russ Bellinis
Member
Russ Bellinis is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Lakewood, Ca.
Posts: 444
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz
People are putting out WELL over 300hp on Audi 1.8L turbocharged engines with a combination of software and a beefier turbocharger (the stock turbo is only good for about 220hp...about 70hp over stock). So it is completely possible to achive 300-350hp from the 2.0L turbo application in the Sky redline. It's just a matter of convincing the aftermarket to create product for such a limited production run. If that aftermarket interest does show up for the party, the Sky Redline would be a bargain in the performance roadster category. I suspect the performance is more limited by GM's fear of it encroaching on lower end Corvette sales than any real limitation of the engine/platform itself.

Cheers,
I'm not sure the production run will be considered all that limited. The Sky is going to be limited according to what I've heard, but I've heard nothing of limiting the production of the Pontiac Solstice. I think the plan is to build as many of those as they can sell. Also, I think the aftermarket companies are more interested in their potential market than the overall market. I suspect the typical Sky Redline buyer is probably more likely to modify his/her car than the typical Ion buyer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russ Bellinis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russ Bellinis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russ Bellinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about
 
Ritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LOL
Posts: 2,927
 

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Bellinis
I'm not sure the production run will be considered all that limited. The Sky is going to be limited according to what I've heard, but I've heard nothing of limiting the production of the Pontiac Solstice. I think the plan is to build as many of those as they can sell. Also, I think the aftermarket companies are more interested in their potential market than the overall market. I suspect the typical Sky Redline buyer is probably more likely to modify his/her car than the typical Ion buyer.
I'll be curious to see how many turbocharged Sky/Solstice units ship. It shouldn't be that difficult to modify the fuel and boost maps for a tuning shop with the proper equipment. A 300-350hp Sky would be a real hoot.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Superchip??? scott2683 Vue General 0 03-13-2009 10:24 PM
Dose anyone know utahprideboy L-Series General 2 02-10-2008 07:53 PM
Sc1 SuperChip? Goth18 S-Series Tech 9 04-13-2007 02:43 PM
Dose Saturn really listen? unkle bik General Saturn Discussion 3 11-28-2002 11:52 PM
Jet or Superchip? phattysattysl2 Mods and Performance 6 09-23-2002 11:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.