SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2006, 02:49 AM   #1
Gravana1
Gravana1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
2006 VUE Red Line
Default GRAVANA Sky Coil-Over Suspension PRE-ORDER PROMOTION

Saturn_Sky enthusiasts currently suffer the pain of not being able to find a true engineered adjustable suspension solution for a_car that begs to be driven hard. From the first day we had the opportunity to see GM's new Kappa platform suspension, we knew we were looking at one of the best suspension systems to come out of GM in quite some time. We just made it better!!! After nearly six months in development, and another 2 months of road and track testing, Gravana is announcing the release of our new Gravana/B+G Coil-Overs for the Sky. This is the ultimate coil-over system for the Kappa. Hands-Down! Designed for street, yet ready for the track, Gravana/B+G Coil-Overs offer the best of both worlds in terms of ride quality and performance.

Finally, a complete engineered coil-over suspension solution is available exclusively from Gravana! Introducing, the Gravana/B+G Coilover System!

• Double Ride Height Adjustability
  • 32-Level Damping Adjustability
  • High Quality European Design
  • Anodized Steel Bodies and Lower Brackets
  • 6061 T6 Aluminum Components
  • Progressive Rate Springs
  • Lifetime_Warranty! (Yes, Lifetime!)

Most coil-overs force you to lower the spring perch to adjust height, which reduces the shock_travel and performance. Gravana/B+G Coil-Overs allow you to lower the_car without reducing the shock performance. How? Each shock body is fully-threaded for precise ride height and weight transfer, and inserts into threaded steel lower brackets. Thus, the stroke of the shock rod does not change. Additionally, the Gravana/B+G coil-over has billet adjustable spring perches which can be lowered, giving the Gravana/B+G Coil-Overs Double Ride Height Adjustability. This separate height adjustability via spring perches allows you to fine-tune your stance and ride or even slam the_car for shows. For those who have been torn trying to figure out which suspension is best, Gravana has the Answer! The shock bodies, perches and brackets are all anodized steel for maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Component pieces are made from 6061 T6 aluminum alloy for a combination of strength and light weight.

Quite often, companies try passing off coil-over conversion kits (a threaded sleeve and collar with springs) as true coil-overs. Unlike the sleeve kits that serve as more of a bandaid and often click and make noise as you drive, this is a True Coil-Over System engineered on the car. Each shock body houses a Monotube Gas Charged damper for quick response and steering control without loss of performance during high stress use. Unlike twin-tube dampers that experience oil-foaming, the monotube design provides a reliable and consistent level of damping force. Each shock incorporates 32 levels of bump & rebound damping adjustment (16 clicks adjusting both compression & rebound simltaneously on each click), allowing you to dial in the best combination of rebound and compression for any driving environment. In our testing, click settings 1-5 are excellent for most street environments. 6-9 are for the more aggressive drivers, looking for the competitive_edge. 10-12 is for the driver who wants track-level performance for that smooth mountain road or even Autocross. Levels 13-16 are for those of us who like to wake up on a Saturday morning, bypass breakfast and coffee, and load our helmets in the car for a day at the track. Most people who drive the test car liked the 7-12 range to achieve the ultimate combination of comfort and performance for daily driving!

The progressive rate coil springs included in the kit are specifically designed to work with the Gravana/B+G Coil-Overs to provide the best combination of performance and ride quality in an effort to provide you with a finely-tuned coil-over suspension system. As a policy set forth by B+G, we do not publish spring rates. However, higher and lower rate springs are available; email us if you need them. Ride height adjustability will range from 0" - 2.0" and can vary slightly from car to car.

The Gravana/B+G Coil-Over System is a direct bolt-in for all Saturn_Sky, Saturn Sky Redline, Pontiac_Solstice and Pontiac_Solstice GXP, models.

WHAT'S THE DEAL?
MSRP_is $1499.99. Gravana is offering the kit for only $1250.

PRE-ORDER YOURS TODAY AND LOCK-IN YOUR PRIORITY ON THIS LOW PRICE AND FREE SHIPPING!!!
Your credit card will not be processed until the item ships.

WIDEST_Selection of Saturn_Parts & Accessories_With Low-Price-Match Guarantee!

info@gravanatuning.com

www.gravanatuning.com

Last edited by Gravana1; 12-16-2006 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: typo

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gravana1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gravana1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gravana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
gary p
gary p is on a distinguished road

Default Re: GRAVANA Sky Coil-Over Suspension PRE-ORDER PROMOTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravana1 View Post
As a policy set forth by B+G, we do not publish spring rates.
And as a policy, I don't buy coilover kits without knowing the spring rates.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gary p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gary p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gary p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #3
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary p View Post
Really. Why would you NOT publish the spring rates? Anyone seriously considering coilovers would want that information.

Also, doesn't the sky come with coilover Bilsteins from the factory these days?

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
Gravana1

2006 ION Red Line
2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary p View Post
Not a problem. Tell me what spring rates you want for front & rear and we should be able to accomodate you.

Jim

info@gravanatuning.com

www.gravanatuning.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Gravana1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
Gravana1

2006 ION Red Line
2006 VUE Red Line

Yeah, I know. Please just call us, so we are not violating any publishing policies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Anyone seriously considering coilovers would want that information.
Actually, we have found that not to be the case. Most people know that we have tested a variety of springs and they understand that we choose the best spring for overall ride and handling. To be honest, most people don't ask; especially after they have driven a_car with our B+G-built coil-overs.

For me personally, that is not the case. I am a research guru and I want to know everything about most products, whether I actually need/use the data or not. Being that kind of guy, I have been pushing the spring rate issue for a few years with several spring manufacturers who have the same no-publishing policy. Whenever we get a request for a spring rate from one of these companies, they always ask, “Why do you want it?” I understand that you can't compare spring rates from one brand to another unless both brands use exactly the same steel from the same plant, the same coiling machines, the same shot peening equipment and process, the same heat treatment, the same block-setting, the same coating, Etc. Having local access to spring and shock dyno testing equipment, Gravana has never really needed to push the manufacturers for rates, as we can find it out ourselves. We do have a handful of people who race J-Bodies and ordered a variety of +/- kg springs for testing on our J-Body coil-overs. They called and we reviewed spring rates and set-up before making any decisions. It is a painless exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Why would you NOT publish the spring rates?
I do not publish rates due to the policy set forth, to which we agreed. As to why the policy exists, it is up to our manufacturer. However, we rarely get asked that question on our coil-overs, so I have no problem sharing the data the few times people call us.

I worked for a European performance spring manufacturer in the early `90s and went through all of this before. We had no problem sharing spring rates with people if they asked. However, at one point we stopped publishing spring rates due to the amount of work it generated, correcting inaccurate assumptions that were made by people who had never even used our product. Especially on coil-overs, where people compared rates to other brands, yet the shocks used by the other brands were not the same. That market was young and most people didn't know what to do with spring rate data anyway. However, we have found that our Sky & Solstice customers are well-educated, and would most likely not make the same assumptions and comparisons.

B+G recently went through ownership/control changes and I have not addressed the policy subsequent to the changes. I will revisit the issue to see if we can make life easier on everybody. In the meantime, if you are seriously considering coil-overs, let us know what you want for spring rates and we will be happy to help you come up with a solution that suits your needs. If you are track-ready, the shock bodies can be custom valved to your specifications at no additional charge from the factory via special order. We can also re-valve your existing shock bodies, if you want to run them as-is for a few sessions and then have us make adjustments from there, we do offer that service. The cost varies depending on the changes required.

For anybody local to Southern California, our Sky & Solstices will be back a few weeks after the Detroit Auto Show and we would be happy to show you the difference these coil-overs make on our cars in person.

Sorry so long-winded. I felt a detailed explanation was necessary so you know we are not just sitting on data to keep from giving our competitors an advantage. I hope that helps.

Jim

info@gravanatuning.com

www.gravanatuning.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!