SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #1
Privateer
Privateer is on a distinguished road

Default Another Saturn for my family

Hello there,
I don't come here often, but some of you might remember my last thread about possibly getting a VUE. Well yesterday we went and bit the bullet and picked up a 06 V6 FWD for the wife. Black with the grey leather. She loves it, it's beautiful, she's happy so I'm happy.

I was a little ticked at the dealer because they tried to play the "we can't get one with those options, but we have this one with $1200 worth of options you don't want" game. We ended up settling for something that was exactly what *I* wanted but the stuff I wanted the wife didn't care about (ie fog lights and 17" wheels). My father used to work for GM so we got the employee pricing which was great. I got the same on my 00 wagon when we bought it back in 99.

She's driven it around town and is really happy with it. The neighbors came over and ooo'd and awww'd at it a bit. They were surprised it was a Saturn. /shrug.

I did have a question tho. I'm new to leather interiors. Any suggestions on products to clean/condition the seats? I know armor all is basically rubbing alcohol so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Second, wow the paint on the hood is terrible. If I didn't know better I'd say the clear coat is oxidizing already. We're taking it back to the dealer to get some lot-induced scratches buffed out and I'm definately going to bring the hood to their attention. Anyone else have this kind of problem? It's not orange peeled or anything like that, but almost looks like there are air bubbles in the clear. I tried some meguiers on the hood but no effect.

last, any one hear of the "Down Payment Assistance?" We got some money from the factory, kind of like an incentive, but it was labeled exactly as above. It wasn't a lot, but hey, i was expecting zero.

Otherwise, any other suggestions or comments on how to keep it clean and shiney would be appreciated. bra? mud flaps with naked lady? step rails? push bar?

regards
P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Privateer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Privateer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Privateer is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Another Saturn for my family

Push bars look great on those, and I had the naked lady mud flaps on one of my cars years ago, and it got old real fast. I know what you mean about the paint, my Mom's VUE looks the same, and I'm not sure what it is, I haven't asked yet (I could have by now, I'm at the dealership like everyother day practically). I really don't think there is a damn thing you can do about it, but let me know what they say.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
GirlWithAVue
GirlWithAVue is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

We have the same VUE as you, black/grey, but we didn't have a problem with our hood. I would definitely have them look at it. When ours arrived, it had a pretty good size gash in the bumper right below the chrome skid plate and the dealer took care of it without any problems. In fact, they had it taken care of before we even took delivery of it. Our Saturn dealer was really good to us (and still are). If they can't take care of it to your satisfaction, you always have the 1500 mile trade in option. I'd have them look at it and see what they say, but don't let them tell you it's supposed to be like that because ours isn't showing any kind of small clearcoat bubbles or oxidation on the hood what so ever.

If you haven't had a black car before, like me, it will show every little clear coat scratch, swirl, dirt splatter, cloudiness, and more. I LOVE the way the black looks, don't get me wrong, but it does show more than most other colors will. Just keep it clean (I visit my Saturn dealership almost every week for the free car wash and vacuum, unless it doesn't rain) and you will be happy.

My husband likes any 3M product. He uses the 3M wax on the VUE and it does a good job. Hopefully the dealer will work with you to get your VUE to your liking.

2006 FWD V6 VUE Black/Grey/Chrome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GirlWithAVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GirlWithAVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GirlWithAVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

I've been using Eagle One Nanowax on mine and it hid all the little swirls/scratches etc on mine. In fact, the hood on my black 06 FWD V6 was showing light scratches from a snow brush and it you can't see them at all anymore. Did a much better job than the Mother's products I have. It even covered up a scuff on my bumper from some a******* who needs to learn how to drive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:10 AM   #5
Bigdaddy94sc2
Bigdaddy94sc2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
2005 VUE 3.5L

I used the E1 Nanowax on my wifes VUE and it shined really nice and got rid of many small scratches, but its protection proerties are very lacking.... within 3 months, water no longer beaded and had to re-apply again.... not too keen on waxing 4 times a year with 1 of them in the winter!

GM, Saturn, and ASE certified Technician. Always glad to try to help, just ask!!! Now own an 06 ION.2 as of 7/2/06 with 2988 and counting (7/28/06) 13131 as of (1/8/07) 24901 as of (7/30/07)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigdaddy94sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigdaddy94sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bigdaddy94sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
oldcar1
oldcar1 is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2005 VUE 2.2L

I had a 05 vue in black. I added the splash guards, nerf bars and front hood deflector. It really helped save the paint. I used maguiers products including the special spray polish and quick detailer. I also only washed by hand, and used their gold class drying towels. They left no marks on the paint. I traded in the 05 vue last week and bought a 06. The paint looked like the day I bought it. Made it easier to get extra money on the trade-in. I also got the 500.00 factory assistance money along with 500.00 from the dealer and 5.9% financing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oldcar1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oldcar1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oldcar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:43 PM   #7
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
I'm new to leather interiors. Any suggestions on products to clean/condition the seats?
I like the Meguiers Gold Class Leather Wipes for my leather seats. I use them on my leather couches in the house too. I've had the Vue for about a year, and my seats still look like new. They have a nice smell too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
Privateer
Privateer is on a distinguished road

thanks for the tip on the leather wipes, I'll check those out. i normally use meguiers on the outside. We actually have a Meguiers detail center near us so I might just take it there for it's first time and then take care of it myself after that.

As for the paint.. yeah, I'm not happy with the hood at all. My wife looked in some of printed material and they do have some kind of warranty on the paint against chemical damage, but this looks like just a poor paint job. So we're going to push to have them fix it or replace the hood. I know about the black paint showing every little thing so I'll look into the eagle one stuff, thanks there too.

I'd really like a front brush guard/push bar even if just decorative and some side step bars. She doesn't care, but I think some black steps and a black front set of bars will look just mean. Any ideas where or what mfg's to look for? I tried searching online and was just bombarded with so many links that weren't specific enough i gave up after the first two.

We financed through the dealer and got a 3.9% rate which i thought was excellent, even better than we got from our own credit union oddly enough. I jumped at that, the credit union gave us 5.something.

What was really funny was her bosses at work. These are people who shun american cars mostly, unless it's a suburban that is. She rolled up and they were blown away 1) by how nice it looked, 2) by how good it looked inside, and 3) by the price we got. Her immediate supervisor drives one of those lexus things based off the camry and she was feeling a little buyers remorse for her year old lexus. I actually laughed out loud when i heard that.

Continues to amaze me the people who badmouth Saturn but have never even taken the time to sit in one. My wife really liked how they looked and was sold once she drove it. This morning i was dusting it off in the garage before I left for work, she came out and said "I still can't even believe this is my new car." Now i just laugh at the people she works with who turned their noses up when she talked about getting a Vue and knowing their jaws dropped when she pulled up to the office today.

regards
P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Privateer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Privateer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Privateer is offline   Reply With Quote