SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #1
VTVUE
VTVUE is on a distinguished road

Default i love saturn,but will be leaving the family...

While I love my vue and hope to get many more years out of it, it will be my last saturn purchase.I wish the penske group nothing but luck with the new saturn distribution corp.However, whatever vehicles they decide to offer after the Gm contract runs out,whether it be renaults,or some obscure foreign maker who currently doesn't offer a car here(thus being truly new to the market)it will be nothing more than a saturn logo pasted onto someone elses car.they can restyle it all they want,call it what they want,but it won't be anything more than a rebadge job.Saturn dealerships are going to be outlets for over priced foreign rebadge jobs.ever wonder why renaults arent sold in the US? Wonder why chinese cars arent marketed here yet? peugots,citroens? they are unreliable,quirky.and the chinese cars...cheaply assembled is a misnomer when it comes to chery,byd and others. so once again i wish the penske group the best with the new saturn distribution corporation,and i wish all of you who purchase the 2012 and beyond saturn/renault-samsung/chery/byd/citroen models,the best of luck with your new mock saturns.Chevrolet,buick and ford are looking darn good to me at this point.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2
Default Re: i love saturn,but will be leaving the family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTVUE View Post
While I love my vue and hope to get many more years out of it, it will be my last saturn purchase.I wish the penske group nothing but luck with the new saturn distribution corp.However, whatever vehicles they decide to offer after the Gm contract runs out,whether it be renaults,or some obscure foreign maker who currently doesn't offer a car here(thus being truly new to the market)it will be nothing more than a saturn logo pasted onto someone elses car.they can restyle it all they want,call it what they want,but it won't be anything more than a rebadge job.Saturn dealerships are going to be outlets for over priced foreign rebadge jobs.ever wonder why renaults arent sold in the US? Wonder why chinese cars arent marketed here yet? peugots,citroens? they are unreliable,quirky.and the chinese cars...cheaply assembled is a misnomer when it comes to chery,byd and others. so once again i wish the penske group the best with the new saturn distribution corporation,and i wish all of you who purchase the 2012 and beyond saturn/renault-samsung/chery/byd/citroen models,the best of luck with your new mock saturns.Chevrolet,buick and ford are looking darn good to me at this point.
whike I agree with many things you say, I disagree with your view of French cars. Many of them are nice (especially Peugeot and Citroen). Certainly not what they used to sell 20 years ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
VTVUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post
whike I agree with many things you say, I disagree with your view of French cars. Many of them are nice (especially Peugeot and Citroen). Certainly not what they used to sell 20 years ago.
well hopefully the quality has improved.curious why the french stay out of this market.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help VTVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Saturndude82
Saturndude82 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

For the same reason the french will not extradite convicted rapist and sodomites of 13 year old girls! cough, err polanski cough. They have no balls and no French products should be purchased or supported in the U.S.!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturndude82's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturndude82 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturndude82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
Hman127
Hman127 is on a distinguished road

Well I hate to say it but, although the Saturn cars are good now, can we really call them American. The Vue made in Mexico, designed in Europe. The rebadged Vectra, I mean Aura, and the 1yr production Astra made in Belgium. Sad to say but they've been slapping the old Saturn badge for a while. These have been some of the better driving Saturn's for some time, but to me they may say American! They're not. The new Buick's same old opel. They just carried over what was supposed to be for Saturn. Take a look at the parts most are labeled made in Korea, Belguim, Mexico, Etc. They may look nice and are well equipped, but the bottom line is If you put lipstick on a pig its still a pig.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hman127's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hman127 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hman127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturndude82 View Post
For the same reason the french will not extradite convicted rapist and sodomites of 13 year old girls! cough, err polanski cough. They have no balls and no French products should be purchased or supported in the U.S.!
well, that's possible. However, I think it's more likely that they don't want to expand into a market that's overcrowded and declining as it is. Plus many european car companies are specialized into making smaller cars, and they do a much better job than american companies. But Americans don't really buy smaller cars in numbers high enough to warrant foreign company to invest here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
VTVUE

well it's all over now that saturn is officially dead.GM is winding down production and will be phasing out the brand,as of today

REWARD EXCELLENCE!