SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
RM2SteveG
RM2SteveG is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Happy 2007 VUE Green Line on Order

I put in my order for a 2007 Saturn VUE Hybrid a couple of weeks ago. The dealer says it takes about 5-7 weeks for it to arrive. Ironically that is the same time table it took when I got my VUE back in 2002. I'm looking at that as a good omen! The 2007 is basically going to be a carbon copy of my 2002 VUE: same color scheme, sun roof, deflectors. The biggest difference will be the fact I'm going from a 6-cylinder AWD to a 4-cylinder FWD. But I'll get to use to it! Once the car comes in I'll post my observations on this forum.

Later!

RM2SteveG
Happy Saturn Owner in Maryland!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RM2SteveG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RM2SteveG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RM2SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
bob shanks
bob shanks is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2007 VUE Green Line on Order..

Was there any discount or $ off the msrp. ???????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bob shanks's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bob shanks reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bob shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
NJVUE42
NJVUE42 is on a distinguished road

Good luck with your Green Line. I'm really looking forward to hearing your impressions of it and how the hybrid engine runs/feels.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NJVUE42's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NJVUE42 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NJVUE42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
carterscreek
carterscreek is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

What color will it be?

2006 Onyx Black VUE AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to carterscreek's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help carterscreek reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
carterscreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #5
chrisl0
chrisl0 is on a distinguished road

Just a question why don't they offer AWD? I think that is stupid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chrisl0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chrisl0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chrisl0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
kfraney
kfraney is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl0

My guess is that since the idea of a hybrid is to increase gas mileage, and AWD decreases gas mileage...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kfraney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kfraney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kfraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #7
chrisl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfraney
My guess is that since the idea of a hybrid is to increase gas mileage, and AWD decreases gas mileage...
The Escape Hybrid has is and it gets good gas mileage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help chrisl0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:41 AM   #8
kfraney
kfraney is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
The Escape Hybrid has is and it gets good gas mileage.
Good point, but the Escape also has a much more advanced hybrid system. I think the gain in mileage with the VUE hybrid over a standard VUE, 10% IIRC, would be neglible if you added the weight of the AWD system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kfraney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kfraney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kfraney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Not everyone needs/wants AWD. I don't recall EVER needing the traction of my rear wheels. I've had two cars with traction control which has never been activated. It rarely snows/ices down here.

Awhile back on a Jeep forum they thought it was stupid to even offer a 2wd Jeep.

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #10
chrisl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfraney
Good point, but the Escape also has a much more advanced hybrid system. I think the gain in mileage with the VUE hybrid over a standard VUE, 10% IIRC, would be neglible if you added the weight of the AWD system.
The Vue hybrid system is that simple?? Guess that is why its so cheap. Does GM plan on releasing a hybrid system for AWD vehicles anytime soon?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
chrisl0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb
Not everyone needs/wants AWD. I don't recall EVER needing the traction of my rear wheels. I've had two cars with traction control which has never been activated. It rarely snows/ices down here.

Awhile back on a Jeep forum they thought it was stupid to even offer a 2wd Jeep.
Well I have been through allot of snow and ice and where I am moving the winters are harsh so its important that I have AWD plus traction and stability control. It really doesn't matter anyway most of these vehicles will probably be used in the city so for most of the year AWD will be pointless.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #12
RM2SteveG
RM2SteveG is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line
Heart Re: 2007 VUE Green Line on Order..

I have a 2002 Silver/Black VUE today. The 2007 Hybrid will be black as well. (Not a big fan of some of the other colors.)

Just a quick update: it hasn't arrived yet. I called the dealer last week and it sounds like it has not been built yet. When I got my 2002 the same thing happened. I had to wait a few weeks before it came in. Hopefully it will arrive sometime this month (September).

I saw a Hybrid VUE up close on display a couple of weeks ago at a Saturn-sponsored event. The batteries are behind the back seat just in front of where the spare tire area is, so no sacrifice on interior space. The only new thing I saw on the dash board was the battery charging indication. Other than that it looked the same as a 2006 model. They hybrid motor fits pretty cozy next to the 4 cynlinder engine.

Yes, the Saturn Hybrid is only avialble in FWD with 4 cynlinder. For my purposes it will be fine. (If I lived in Colorado or in the mid-west I'd probably stick with an AWD.)

One item of interest that I just read. Saw an article where the author discussed return on investment for a Hybrid. Predictably the Prius had the greatest return: 3 years. What surprised me was the Escape was in second, also at 3 years. According to their research, all the other Hybrids they included (Saturn VUE, Toyota 4 Runner, Lexux, Honda Civic and Accord) all had 5 or 6 year return.

More after it comes in later this month!

RM2SteveG
Happy Saturn Owner in Maryland!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RM2SteveG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RM2SteveG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RM2SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:28 AM   #13
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L

You gotta show pictures of the battery pack, electric motor, and of course, the car.....sounds wonderful!
Thanks

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #14
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: 2007 VUE Green Line on Order..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM2SteveG
Saw an article where the author discussed return on investment for a Hybrid. Predictably the Prius had the greatest return: 3 years. What surprised me was the Escape was in second, also at 3 years. According to their research, all the other Hybrids they included (Saturn VUE, Toyota 4 Runner, Lexux, Honda Civic and Accord) all had 5 or 6 year return.
I saw that article and had similar questions. I'd like to know what assumptions were made to get to that conclusion and how the figures were calculated. I've also heard (in a separate article/analysis) that the Saturn VUE Green Line will give you one of the fastest returns because of its low cost and high highway mileage. Incidentally, the Prius has the longest ROI in that survey.

Congratulations on your puchase and let us know how the hybrid powertrain works for you -- that's what really matters!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #15
RicksVue
RicksVue is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
I have a 2002 Silver/Black VUE today. The 2007 Hybrid will be black as well. (Not a big fan of some of the other colors.)
Mine is going to be green. My wife mentioned to me last night that I'm stuck in a rut, going back and forth between silver and green Saturns.

Quote:
Just a quick update: it hasn't arrived yet. I called the dealer last week and it sounds like it has not been built yet. When I got my 2002 the same thing happened. I had to wait a few weeks before it came in. Hopefully it will arrive sometime this month (September).
Mine isn't here yet either, ordered on July 5th. Really hope it'll be soon (but I'm paying down that 0% loan on the '03 so it's not all bad.)

Good luck on the GL. Hope they start arriving soon!

-Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RicksVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RicksVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RicksVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #16
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
I saw that article and had similar questions. I'd like to know what assumptions were made to get to that conclusion and how the figures were calculated. I've also heard (in a separate article/analysis) that the Saturn VUE Green Line will give you one of the fastest returns because of its low cost and high highway mileage. Incidentally, the Prius has the longest ROI in that survey.
Gotta love that. I like the idea of Saturn's system, the ROI is short. I lease my vehicles and waiting for the return on a Prius is out of the question. The ROI being in the 6 year range on a vehicle I would keep for 3 years makes no sense. I am interested in the Green Line to replace my '06 when the lease is up for that reason. No other "hybrid" vehicle would show a cost savings in the short term like the Green Line.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #17
mellissam
mellissam will become famous soon enoughmellissam will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2007 VUE Green Line on Order

I've always bee curious how long those batteries are supposd to last for, what they are made of, how big are they, and replacement cost etc. Will have to do some digging.....

'Silven'

K&N / Sheep seats / Run Brds / Roof Rack / Fog Lps / Trailer Hitch / Air Horns / LEDs / Power Inv. / Cool Blues

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mellissam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mellissam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mellissam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #18
GearGuy
Advanced Member
GearGuy is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

HERE is the article I saw.

Report was done at Edmunds.com

Tax incentives were taken into account for the payback period. The Vue has a lower tax incentive.

2006 Vue 3.5L FWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GearGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GearGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GearGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #19
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy
HERE is the article I saw.

Report was done at Edmunds.com

Tax incentives were taken into account for the payback period. The Vue has a lower tax incentive.
Yep, and the tax incentives are being substantially reduced (eliminated?) making it even less attractive for people that don't keep their vehicles a lot longer and/or drive a lot more miles annually than the average Joe.

I also wonder if they include the cost of replacing the batteries every few years to the tune of a few grand?

A biodiesel hybrid would be the best of all worlds. It takes advantage of the American addiction to fast food (since you can recycle fryer oil into fuel), uses a renewable resource without all the economic distortions caused by farm subsidies to corn growers, and takes advantage of the fuel sipping nature of the diesel engine.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:44 AM   #20
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz
I also wonder if they include the cost of replacing the batteries every few years to the tune of a few grand?
There is no substantial evidence of hybrids needing periodic, expensive battery replacements.

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote