SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
tristanlee85
tristanlee85 is on a distinguished road

Default Where do these hoses go?

These pics are from a 97 SOHC to 99 DOHC swap. The first pic is the hose coming from the top of the radiator tank, but I am unsure where it connects on a 99 engine. And the 2nd pic is a 97 TB on 99 manifold. I found that the hose on the left (closest to the fron of the car) goes on the back side of the engine block, but where does the circled hose go? I found a place on the fuel rail (a 97 fuel rail) that it looks like it may go. Anyway, here are the pics.

Here are 2 pictures that are asking my questions:

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2004, 11:56 PM   #2
bryan_johnson
bryan_johnson is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

On my 94' DOHC, there is a small hose that connects from the top of the radiator tank and goes to the same fitting that you have circled. Make sure you put a hose clamp on it. If you've not sure, you could always begin filling the radiator, eventually I imagine fluid would come out. Looks right to me, but I'm not sure if it's any different on the 96-up DOHC engines. I'm not sure about the other hose though. If you look underhood at the emissions diagram from a DOHC model it should have some indicator of where it goes. Do you know where the other end comes from? I think there is a hose for the Evap. canister, another for the fuel pressure regulator, and on older models a third for the EGR valve (which is electronic on OBD-II cars 96-up).

Bryan
Old 09-19-2004, 12:09 AM   #3
tristanlee85

That's the hose. That is a 97 TB on a 99 engine. I had to swap TBs cause the sensors weren't the same.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:23 AM   #4
tristanlee85

I'm thinking it goes to the part on the 2nd pic on the fuel rail, the preasure regulator. If that's the case, then I was right.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:18 AM   #5
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

The hose from the coolant surge tank goes the fitting in pic #1. You will need a longer line for the DOHC than you had on the SOHC.

One of the vac lines should be for the Carbon Cannister purge solenoid and the other should be for the fuel pressure reg. The larger would be for the purge sol if I remember correctly.
Your 97 car will have the pressure reg at the fuel rail so it will need a vac line to it. I am not sure if the injectors for a SOHC will work well on a DOHC.
A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:25 AM   #6
tristanlee85

No, they aren't going to work well, but I have the DOHC rail on order. The carbon cannister purge solenoid...is that located on the back side of the engine? Possibly this spot?

That's where it is at right now anyway.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:51 AM   #7
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

That is the critter. The vac line should be the one on the right and the other one should be the line to the EVAP system.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:55 AM   #8
tristanlee85

And the evap is what I have circled in the 3rd pic correct?
Old 09-19-2004, 01:58 AM   #9
ssicarman

Yes. The vac line on most pulled engines stays in place or is removed before the engine is pulled. The EVAP line is usually missed untill it stops/slows the engine from being pulled and then breaks leaving a chunk of rubber vac line on it.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:00 AM   #10
tristanlee85

Alright. Thank you. Now my car will be running tomorrow...not so well on my SOHC fuel rail, but the DOHC is on the way.
Closed Thread