SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Old 11-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
kklblue
kklblue is on a distinguished road

Happy Recently bought a 2005 Vue

First post and brand new to forum. Have a 2005 Saturn Vue 3.5 AT. Haven't had the car very long and am noticing a couple of things.

1. The headlight indicator light flashes exactly 9 times when you start the car and put in reverse. It does it no matter if automatic lights are selected or not.

2. The T/C has a line through it. I do not see any button for traction control anywhere.

3. Has growling type noise (like what a diesel engine sounds like) when shifting through gears. I do know that the rear transmission mount needs to be replaced. Could this be the cause of the noise. I was told heat shield also could be loose.

4. It stalled yesterday. Total shutdown no power. I started with cleaning the battery connections because they were kind of corroded. This occurred while my daughter was driving it and has no occurred and I have not been able to reproduce it. At the time the car just shut off, various dash lights went on. It started after she pulled over. No check engine and no codes.

Sorry to bombard with all the question. I am car illiterate and its my 18 year old daughters. Just want her to have something that runs well.

Any help is sincerely appreciate.

Thank you!
kklblue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Recently bought a 2005 Vue

KK,
How many miles are on it and FWD or AWD??? .... with the V6 you have a Honda 3.5 engine and matching MJ7 FWD, MJ8 AWD, trans. These are about a bulletproof combo and Honda is still using them today.
On the trans and it growling. Get a case of Honda DW-1 fluid and do a drain and fill on the trans.... drive it for a day or so... and do again. If AWD the transfer case uses regular 75/90 hypoid gear oil, the RDM/ rear diff uses Versatrak, you may want to do both of them while you are at it. Also, check not only the trans mount, but also the three motor mounts; passenger side top by the strut tower, bottom front slightly to drivers side, and bottom rear. I had to replace all three of mine on the 07 that I used to have.
Can't help you on the T/C issue, or the headlight one... sorry.
On the engine stall... clean all battery and ground connections that you can find... those tend to be the biggies...

John
aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

Last edited by lord_varon; 11-26-2017 at 06:41 PM. Reason: updating answer
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
kklblue
kklblue is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your response. Dumb question. I am a 53 year old mom. Can I asked a place to do the drain and fill? Or will some place try and convince me that its a much more serious issue.

Its FWD. The growling is weird. If I press the gas pedal a certain way like with a little pressure there is no growling. If I baby the gas pedal its growls.

I know that doesn't make sense.

Thanks again.
kklblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L

Kkl,
On the transmission... Take it to a Honda dealership. You may have to raise the hood and make them identify the engine and trans before they talk to you, they did that to me, but the drain and fill is how Honda performs the maintenance.... per my discussion with the service manager at a Honda/ Acura dealership. They may even be able to help with the rest.

John
aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
Cavell
Advanced Member
Cavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of lightCavell is a glorious beacon of light

2003 VUE 3.0L

any import shop can do a drain/fill on trans. a dealer may charge a bit more than an independent shop.
Cavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Trans fluid change on these is easier than an oil change.

Your daughter doesn't like to get her hands dirty?
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote