SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra Tech

Old 12-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #1
crzyalbo
crzyalbo has a spectacular aura aboutcrzyalbo has a spectacular aura aboutcrzyalbo has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
Dizzy ECU Replacement

So I have been getting the dreaded P0065e Code for some time. It comes and goes and over the weekend I was able to source a complete intake manifold from a low mileage wreck. I replaced the intake manifold on Sunday and still the code remains.

Did a bit more research and forums from the UK indicate that the next most likely culprit is the ECU - luckily for me i also sourced the ECU from the wreck for a very reasonable price (the U Pick yard here in Hamilton has a standard price regardless of make and model and they assume the Saturn is a domestic make). Actually swapping out the ECU is very simple but i read that you have to synchronize the key(s) to the ECU. Does anyone have experience with this task and how simple/hard/complicated is it to do.

GTA boys - Anyone know a local shop (opel smart eastern european) with experience in this regard.
crzyalbo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
darek_dade
darek_dade is on a distinguished road

Default Re: ECU Replacement

Auto Profix - 416-635-1846

Give this eastern european guy a try, I've been taking my Astra to him for a while now and I'm satisfied.
09 Astra XR (manual, 3-door)
darek_dade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #3
nicolas_p
nicolas_p has a spectacular aura aboutnicolas_p has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE

If you are running out of luck finding someone to work on the car, Chevy Nurse in whitby does great work on the cars. I had steering controls activated on my brothers car and had them mess around with seeing if we can activate the auto feature for the windows from the key fob. They never charged me extra and didn't charge for experimenting with windows because it never worked. I'd say give them a try, plus they visually check your car every time it goes in along with alignment.(For free)
09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #4
crzyalbo
crzyalbo has a spectacular aura aboutcrzyalbo has a spectacular aura aboutcrzyalbo has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Anyone have access to the following technical service bulletin\\

#PIP4476A - DTC P065E Setting
crzyalbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #5
nicolas_p
nicolas_p has a spectacular aura aboutnicolas_p has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE

Use the Tech2 to command the Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) valve solenoid to ON while observing that the diaphragm arm moves. NOTE: (The IMT valve can only be commanded to move if there is enough vacuum present in the system to operate the actuator.) If insufficient vacuum is available, the engine can started for a brief period. Once valve operation has been confirmed, monitor the Tech2 data list 2 for the IMT valve position sensor. The Tech2 data should change from Inactive to Active as the valve moves. The valve can be manually operated by rotating the linkage to check for binding or to verify the change of state on the Tech2. The valve uses a 3-wire position sensor located just below the throttle body. Do not confuse the unused connector just above the IMT actuator on the driverís side of the vehicle as the location of the sensor and magnets. It may appear that the magnets and sensor are missing when looking at the valve from the driverís side. This connector does not have any wires attached or magnets present and is not used for the GMNA market.
Quick Test for IMT sensor operation:
If the valve is verified as moving and the IMT sensor is the suspected component, the entire system can be quickly checked. Remove the sensor (located just below the throttle body on the intake) and pass a magnet across the sensor while monitoring the IMT position with Tech2. The sensor is a Hall Effect type sensor. If the Tech2 data changes from Inactive to Active as the magnet moves across the sensor pickup, the wiring, sensor and ECM are operating as designed. If no change is noted the IMT sensor can be swapped off another vehicle to verify.
Quick test to make sure the IMT valve position magnets are in place:
To make sure the magnets are installed in the end of the IMT valve, remove IMT sensor from intake This PI was superseded to remove temporary parts availability information. Please discard PIP4476. manifold and insert a large metal paper clip into the slot the sensor rides. In the rest position the first magnet on the IMT valve should hold the paper clip in place. Then manually rotate the IMT valve. The paper clip will be released by the first magnet and you will see the clip fall slightly. Continue to rotate valve; when the IMT valve reaches its stop the second magnet should then hold the paper clip again, causing it to rise slightly and stick to manifold.
The IMT valve and sensor may only available with the manifold assembly at this time.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/saturn/59w...#ixzz3tqPhhgU4
09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote