SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General

Old 08-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
Steve_Vue
Steve_Vue is a jewel in the roughSteve_Vue is a jewel in the roughSteve_Vue is a jewel in the rough

Default 2007 Saturn Ion Sedan daytime running lights not shutting off

Hi!,

I have a 2007 Saturn Ion Sedan. Bought the car about 6 months ago and put a new motor in it. Been going through the car fixing this and that. And now have finally decided to start driving it. Well my daughter’s other car broke down so I am letting her use the Ion. Last night when I turned on the lights and drove to a movie, everything was fine. Until we parked. When I took the key out, the bell was going off like I had left the lights on. Turned the headlights off and on and then off again. The daytime running lights wouldn’t shut off. On this car it look like it is turning on just the park lights. I switched out the BCM with another one that I stole from my other daughter’s car and it acts the same exact way. Even if the emergency brake is on the lights remain on. I did find that if I disconnect the battery with the light switch off, the car will not turn on the running lights, until I turn on the headlight switch again. Anyone that can help would be most appreciative of.

Thank you very much for your time!
Steve

2000 Saturn L200
2002 Saturn L200
2006 Saturn Ion
2007 Saturn Ion
Steve_Vue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
Steve_Vue
Steve_Vue is a jewel in the roughSteve_Vue is a jewel in the roughSteve_Vue is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: 2007 Saturn Ion Sedan daytime running lights not shutting off

Fixed it. Something with the dimmer switch.
Steve_Vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:24 AM   #3
stayhio
stayhio is on a distinguished road

The entryway bolts likewise use to not permit you to secure your key in the start because of a wellbeing highlight by opening the driver's entryway everytime you hit the lock button with keys in the start, yet this doesn't work either. I thought about whether it could be a hand-off or a circuit yet I haven't had the option to discover the wiring schematics to check.
stayhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:05 PM   #4
jbuenavides
jbuenavides is on a distinguished road

I am glad that you have managed to resolve the issue alone.

If you find the light switch won't turn off immediately after you've installed it, it's probably because you wired it wrong, but if the switch has been working and suddenly you find the light stays on when the switch is off, the switch is malfunctioning.
jbuenavides is offline   Reply With Quote