SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 08-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
tyeayo
tyeayo is a jewel in the roughtyeayo is a jewel in the roughtyeayo is a jewel in the rough

Default New owner of an 07 Aura XE, intro and question...

Sooooo....

Hello gents and ladies, my wife and I just traded in our old reliable 2002 Jeep grand cherokee for an 07 saturn aura with ONLY 26,472 miles on it!

Asking price was 9500, after trade in and minor haggling, we got the car for 6,800 out the door!

So far we've had the car for about a week and everything is great with it. My wife drove the jeep and I am drive an 04 infiniti g35 coupe. We are going to trade in the infiniti, I just gotta get off my butt and remove all the mods and sell em and than give it a good detail. Once that happens we'll trade in the infiniti, I will drive the saturn and my wife will probably get some kinda of mid sized suv, thinking maybe another jeep grand cherokee, nisssan frontier, dodge durango, who knows....

We love the car, never thought we would own a saturn, but for the price, and the mileage, it was a no brainer. I did a carfax and it was owned by a lady down in phoenix, only owner and she must of been a homemaker or retiree, the mileage is so low. In fact, I was giving it a good cleaning the other day and came across a oil change sticker for a dealership in glendale, it was dated 04-04-2012 and the mileage was only at 25663! That means it had been driven less than 1000 miles in the last 3 years! UNBELIEVABLE!

I just had a quick question though, when registering the car online at the my.gm.com website, i found that it had a warranty still active called "special coverage 11175"

Its a 10 year, 120,010 mile warranty.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what this covers. I've searched this forum and google'd it, but came up empty.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and I'm looking forward to learning and interacting with all of you!

thanks in advance!

Last edited by tyeayo; 08-05-2015 at 08:10 PM.
tyeayo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: New owner of an 07 Aura XE, intro and question...

my guess on a 07 xe which should have 4 speed auto is warranty extended on shift cable linkage.
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

ditto that.
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeayo View Post
Sooooo....

Hello gents and ladies, my wife and I just traded in our old reliable 2002 Jeep grand cherokee for an 07 saturn aura with ONLY 26,472 miles on it!

Asking price was 9500, after trade in and minor haggling, we got the car for 6,800 out the door!

So far we've had the car for about a week and everything is great with it. My wife drove the jeep and I am drive an 04 infiniti g35 coupe. We are going to trade in the infiniti, I just gotta get off my butt and remove all the mods and sell em and than give it a good detail. Once that happens we'll trade in the infiniti, I will drive the saturn and my wife will probably get some kinda of mid sized suv, thinking maybe another jeep grand cherokee, nisssan frontier, dodge durango, who knows....

We love the car, never thought we would own a saturn, but for the price, and the mileage, it was a no brainer. I did a carfax and it was owned by a lady down in phoenix, only owner and she must of been a homemaker or retiree, the mileage is so low. In fact, I was giving it a good cleaning the other day and came across a oil change sticker for a dealership in glendale, it was dated 04-04-2012 and the mileage was only at 25663! That means it had been driven less than 1000 miles in the last 3 years! UNBELIEVABLE!

I just had a quick question though, when registering the car online at the my.gm.com website, i found that it had a warranty still active called "special coverage 11175"

Its a 10 year, 120,010 mile warranty.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what this covers. I've searched this forum and google'd it, but came up empty.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and I'm looking forward to learning and interacting with all of you!

thanks in advance!
Congratulations on your new AURA and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you'll find your new AURA to be a terrific vehicle - especially with such low miles! It sounds as though you landed that rare gem. I dare say your AURA and mine may be two of the of the lowest mileage ones on this forum. I just turned 30k miles last week (albeit on a 2008).

This forum is a terrific place to learn more about you AURA and Saturn, in general. Everyone here is very friendly and there are numerous knowledge people here who can help to answer most, if not all, of your questions relating to your new AURA.

BTW, if you need the Owners Manual or other OEM booklet / pamphlet, you can find them at http://www.saturn.com/vehicles/satur...les.html#/AURA
http://www.saturn.com/toolbar/owner_resources.html
2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196498, post #9 (transmission shift cable may fracture).
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #6
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to beholdimaddicted2u is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

I bought a 2008 Aura XE for my wife. She absolutely loves it.
When I bought the car it showed 166,244 kn on it. I paid $2700. I didn't notice for a couple of weeks that the odometer is not changing as I drive it.
It turned out that an instrument cluster from a junked car, with lower mileage, was put into it and it is displaying the last mileage update from that car. Because the cluster is locked to a different VIN the body control module will not update it although everything else in the cluster, updates properly. The cluster that is in the car now can't even be programmed by a GM dealer. The only solution is to either put the original cluster back in or get a new one that has not yet locked itself to a VIN.
I hooked up to Onstar and had them run a diagnostic report. It was sent to my email. It turns out the car actually had 196,777 on it at the time of the diagnostic, they read it from the Body Control Module. If you are in the USA they have a free Onstar trial so you could check to be sure the right mileage is being displayed for free. I'm in Canada, no free trial for us.
The used car dealer that I bought it from says he will resolve the issue but after weeks I'm still chasing him to fix it. He claims to have gotten a hold of the original cluster and is getting it fixed. Nothing sounds fishy here....eh!
My tire pressure sensors won't program either even though the sensore in the wheels are transmitting, The GM dealer here can't figure out why and now I have that same local GM dealer claiming it's because the wrong instrument cluster is in the car.
I hope your low mileage is not because the cluster was swapped out.
2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)
imaddicted2u is offline   Reply With Quote