SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2018, 09:58 PM   #5401
A2Saturn
A2Saturn is on a distinguished road

1994 SL1
Default Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

Replaced the cruise control module which I pulled from a 95 SC2, and installed a new cruise control clutch switch. For the past 20+ years, I've dealt with the phantom acceleration issue, and the cruise cancelling quite often when hitting a bump in the road. This was a plug and play job. It now works without issue. Total outlay for parts on this repair was $55.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0185.jpg (224.3 KB, 19 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to A2Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help A2Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
A2Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #5402
Nekomimi
Nekomimi is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

The sticker alone Adds +5 Braking power.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-04-19_09.46.00.jpg (124.3 KB, 26 views)

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 240,000+ miles and purring smooth.
My Mug is filled with the lost souls of imports.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nekomimi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nekomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #5403
Nekomimi

1996 SL1

Installed Alla Lighting 1300 lumen turn signals and polished my headlights.
Because my car is invisible, tho now I'm on a binge with exterior lights mods.

These were plug and play, that factory flasher works fine with these. ^ .^
Haha, my turn signals are brighter than my head lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-04-19_19.52.30.jpg (207.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180419-205450.jpg (75.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180419-205452.jpg (152.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180419-205623.jpg (66.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180419-205629.jpg (74.6 KB, 17 views)

'96 SL1 Originally the family car, passed on to me as my first. "Hellcat" 240,000+ miles and purring smooth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Nekomimi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #5404
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Replaced the screaming Idler Pulley on my '95 SW2 with 182k mi.
ACDelco 21007457 - $24.54 from Amazon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:23 AM   #5405
wizerdwolf
wizerdwolf is on a distinguished road

2001 SW2

JUST did the the "Bolt on hood struts" mod to my 01 Saturn SW2 as my first mod to this car, with clear side markers coming in the near future once I finish cleaning up the used housings I got. The F150 hood struts and the amber led bulbs just showed up from Amazon last night before I headed off to work (also Amazon...).

Hopefully this forum post isn't too hasty, as if I'm lucky I might also get the side markers on by the end of the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-04-21 - hood struts.jpg (160.7 KB, 17 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wizerdwolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wizerdwolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wizerdwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #5406
Jaegweir1259
Jaegweir1259 will become famous soon enough

2002 SC1

Checked all the fluids and washed / waxed.

gotta steam the carpet get rid of that winter crap

2002 Saturn SC1, Orange, 1.9L L4 EFI/OHC 200,582 miles and counting

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaegweir1259's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaegweir1259 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaegweir1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #5407
Waiex191
Advanced Member
Waiex191 has a spectacular aura aboutWaiex191 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SL2
1998 SC2

Quote:
2002 Saturn SC1, Orange
Was orange a Saturn color or did you paint it?

Bryan Cotton
'99 SL2, 5SP bought new
Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
'98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Waiex191's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Waiex191 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Waiex191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #5408
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgagl View Post
Installed fog lights on my 1997 Sl2 this past weekend & changed the oil yesterday. Nothing major although I couldn't be happier with the new lights.

You can see the post if you search "Fog Lights - 1997 SL2". (Cant post links, still under 15 posts )
Very nice! Those look great. I've been pretty much off Saturnfans for a while, lots going on, still catching up

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234226

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #5409
pgagl
pgagl is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Quote:
Very nice! Those look great. I've been pretty much off Saturnfans for a while, lots going on, still catching up
Thanks! I havenít been on much lately either, weather is getting warmer so Iím outside more... fixing up my Saturn of course.

Today I washed/waxed, put on the roof rack & replaced the two side marker bulbs.

1997 Sl2 5-Speed 177k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pgagl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pgagl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pgagl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #5410
Nekomimi

1996 SL1

So apparently the Turn-signals hyper flash when the lights are on, but not when the lights are off, or Hazzarding. So I continued with my hashed together blinker module, since the "heavy duty" flasher didn't slow the rate any, I bought a cheap adjustable flasher, but the prongs were wrong. So I cut out the board of the other one and wired them together. The cheap flasher takes a second to actually start flashing, so whenever I feel like it I'll get a different one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16227.jpg (154.8 KB, 13 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #5411
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the roughSaturn Night is a jewel in the rough

1995 SC2
Thumbs Up Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomimi View Post
The sticker alone Adds +5 Braking power.
I see you have the 1991-1994 air induction system/resonator, too.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #5412
Jaegweir1259
Jaegweir1259 will become famous soon enough

2002 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiex191 View Post
Was orange a Saturn color or did you paint it?
Factory paint - Orange Metallic - Code WA852J

I Would love to repaint with Orange Metal Flake

if i were to repaint it would be this http://www.tcpglobal.com/KUS-UMB-8008-QT_2.html

2002 Saturn SC1, Orange, 1.9L L4 EFI/OHC 200,582 miles and counting

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaegweir1259's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaegweir1259 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaegweir1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:28 PM   #5413
Zeebins
Zeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the roughZeebins is a jewel in the rough

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebins View Post
So a while back I got one of those armrest boxes. Back when I started looking for one I learned that they originally came with a coin holder. The one I got didn't have the coin holder but it wasn't really that big of a deal to me at the time. Since then though I've just been keeping my change in one of the cup holders under climate control but I'm already losing 2 cup holders to the armrest and I don't really want to lose a 3rd. So this past week or so I've been working on making my own coin holder to put where there is supposed to be one since finding that piece on its own is probably impossible unless I get lucky at a junkyard or something. Basically I just took some measurements, made a 3D model, brought it to school where we have a 3D printer, and now I have a coin holder. It actually took 2 tries as the first one that got printed was slightly too long and wouldn't fit but the second go was much better. I made the hooks a little too long so it sags down when in place, (easy fix if I felt like printing a 3rd one) but a piece of double sided tape works good enough. This was a pretty cool project to work on
This is pretty hilarious. Warmer weather means hotter temps inside the car and my coin holder I made and printed really did not enjoy the 100+ degree temps. One day it was fine, the next the plastic must have gotten soft and the weight of the coins stretched the shape downward. Oh well lol, it was still a fun project. (I do however need a new place for my coins, hmm)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3740.jpg (138.6 KB, 16 views)

You'll never catch me, not when I shift into, performance mode!
1997 SL2, 108K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #5414
pgagl

1997 SL2

Today I completely detailed the inside of my Saturn. When the weather gets warmer I want to pull the seats and scrub the carpet. Hopefully soon!

1997 Sl2 5-Speed 177k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help pgagl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #5415
nsw
nsw is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

Not today, but changed oil and filter and inspected front brakes over the weekend. 4.25 quarts of Quaker State High Mileage 5W-30 and a PurolatorONE filter. Front pads look good, but need to diagnose a squeak coming from the driver's side this coming weekend.

This oil change was at 196,800 miles, so my next oil change will be right around when she rolls over 200,000!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nsw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nsw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #5416
Nekomimi

1996 SL1

Getting all sorts of love for my side markers, only have the driver side done atm x)

I just wanted more night time visibility, I'm tired of being invisible to other traffic x)

Also, I can't wait to pull everything out and clean it with real carpet/fabric cleaner machine. But weather and free time is not permitting T .T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-04-25_09.35.29.jpg (183.6 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Nekomimi; 04-25-2018 at 09:45 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #5417
pgagl

1997 SL2

Replaced my old Napa spark plug wires from about 3 years ago and 4 spark plugs that were overdue.

Napa wires were loose and didn't fit nice over my aluminum valve cover. New Ac-Delco wires fit nice and snug.

Old plugs expanded to a 0.050 gap vs 0.040 gap over the years and were corroded.

Starts a lot nicer and runs smoother.

NGK Plugs
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...266993&jsn=348

AC-Delco Wires
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...266993&jsn=386

1997 Sl2 5-Speed 177k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-28-2018, 06:12 PM   #5418
cjc15153
cjc15153 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL1

I 3D printed a new parking brake button (found on Thingverse) to replace my twice-epoxied button that failed. It snapped into place, and time will tell if I'd have been better off with more epoxy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cjc15153's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cjc15153 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cjc15153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #5419
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Was a bit of a slacker today. Plan was to remove the front driver seat, replace the bottom mount (ton of rust on the front mounting tabs). While I was in there, planned to replace the shifter bushing after inspection.

Pulled the seat out, and it looked like just surface rust, but made it look really bad. Brushed it off with a wire brush, painted the front mounting tabs with POR15. Gonna toss the one bolt with a good spare that I found. Could not find another bolt so I brushed the head of the best front bolt with POR15 after brushing off some rust.

Pulled the center console, shifter bushing still feels tight, so I just sprayed everything with the dry silicone lube that showed up yesterday. Put it into several gears, sprayed, shifted, sprayed, etc. Feels pretty good now.

I'll just put my Delrin bushing from saturnbushingman on the shelf for now. Wiped off all the dust, wiped down the center console and shift boot with Aerospace 303, looks nice. Will wipe down the dash with Aerospace in a bit, took a break for water.

Also sprayed the check strap mounting bolt on the door side with the silicone, and the creak went away. I'd loosened it and put some grease back there last year but it must have vanished, washed away, or something

Waiting for the POR15 to dry, then will put the seat back and call it a day. Vacuumed the driver side carpet, can still see a few dog hairs from previous owner that might never come out

But the dog and cigarette smell is complete out now, so that's something.

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #5420
Commeatus
Commeatus is on a distinguished road

1998 SW2
1997 SW2

Today I was all set to do the valve cover swap but halfway into it I found out I have the narrow 99+ top end design on my 98 and the old cover won't fit. one trip to the store later and I installed the appropriate gasket for the plastic cover. while I was there, I degunked the throttle body, looked at the EGR valve, which was fine, and threw on new plugs and wires. It wasn't the day I was expecting but I got a few things accomplished.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Commeatus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Commeatus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Commeatus is offline   Reply With Quote