SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2018, 11:35 PM   #1
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default decided to sell my car

with all the incentives & rebates gm is passing out lately on new cars I decided to put up my Saturn sc2 for sale or a trade in. I would love it if someone here would buy it rather than getting screwed on a trade-in where they give me squat. there's always someone looking for a Saturn & boy do I have one for you. I just invested $1670.00 for new firestone tires, right front bearing, alignment, front to back copper nickel brake lines, 2 new rear flex brake hoses. the car drives fantastic with the new tires. the air blows ice cold air, the sunroof works, the driver's side leather seat was repaired & the whole interior is near mint. the engine is tight with 97.000 miles on it & just uses about a half quart per month driving about 35 miles per day. I still have the original window sticker which shows this car fully loaded. I got the original temp tag, & a working extra remote control with some valet keys & a brand new Saturn keychain. everything on this car works fine. I only used gm parts on the car throughout it's life time. I got a stack of receipts on maintenance & new parts over it's lifetime the thickness of a bible. took it to ziebart once a year for an annual re-spray of the undercarriage. i'm sad to see it go as it was my first new car I ever owned, but can take comfort in knowing it would be going to a good place. what am I asking? well how about checking out the car & just making me an offer & we'll see where we stand. I live in Euclid, OH. this is an old pic, but the car looks exactly like the pic still.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default Re: decided to sell my car

wow where are all these people always looking for a Saturn? I got one of the cleanest ones available now...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

If I lived near you I'd certainly be interested. (Sadly, the drive between Cleveland, OH and my residence is a bit too far to bring it back home. )

287,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
saturnsctwo
Master Member

2001 SC2

thanks. it's strange that there's been no other interest here. everybody knows how clean this car is & there's always somebody who wrecked their car or is looking for another Saturn. strange....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-03-2018, 06:05 AM   #5
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

Clean car. I doubt many are seeing this, as this forum section is slow. I'd post it in the S Series forums if it was me.

As for price, I do think a lot of S Series owners are just looking for cheap. So your clean car + good maintenance + low miles + new tires might price it out of quite a few of the potential buyers. So I'd at least toss a ballpark asking price as well.

Just my .02.

Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:20 AM   #6
GTS350
GTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmaster View Post
Clean car. I doubt many are seeing this, as this forum section is slow. I'd post it in the S Series forums if it was me.

As for price, I do think a lot of S Series owners are just looking for cheap. So your clean car + good maintenance + low miles + new tires might price it out of quite a few of the potential buyers. So I'd at least toss a ballpark asking price as well.

Just my .02.
Well said.

1999 Saturn SC2 (automatic) 23,000 orig miles (9/10/16)
1996 BMW E36
1971 Holden Monaro GTS 350
1908 Buick Model 10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GTS350's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GTS350 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GTS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:28 AM   #7
saturnsctwo
Master Member

2001 SC2

the only reason I decided to sell it is because of the large incentives gm is offering on their new cars. if they try to screw me on the trade-in value i will back out asap. i'm already having second thoughts on all of this as I still like my car & don't want to give it away. I still have the car & already starting to miss it.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-07-2018, 02:30 AM   #8
saturnsctwo
Master Member

2001 SC2

after some soul searching, maybe I want to price it out of quite a few of the potential buyers. i'm going to the stealer tomorrow to see what they will give me & possibly buy the new car. why does it feel like i',m going to a funeral??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #9
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsctwo View Post
......why does it feel like i',m going to a funeral??
If I were in your position that would probably be my reaction as well regarding my LS1. Why would this be?

1) I've had this car longer than my previous ones;
2) it's been highly reliable with no major problems of any kind, strictly maintenance plus wear and tear;
3) a kind of pride because it's lasted so long and it is likely to cross 300K miles some time in 2019 (barring any unforeseen incident);
4) I'm not sure I could find a car equally as reliable as this one.

287,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #10
saturnsctwo
Master Member

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrot View Post
If I were in your position that would probably be my reaction as well regarding my LS1. Why would this be?

1) I've had this car longer than my previous ones;
2) it's been highly reliable with no major problems of any kind, strictly maintenance plus wear and tear;
3) a kind of pride because it's lasted so long and it is likely to cross 300K miles some time in 2019 (barring any unforeseen incident);
4) I'm not sure I could find a car equally as reliable as this one.
I already got the new car. hopefully it will be just as reliable. this car has so many computers onboard it's like a spacecraft!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2018, 09:18 AM   #11
MrWhsprs
MrWhsprs is a jewel in the roughMrWhsprs is a jewel in the roughMrWhsprs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnsctwo View Post
I already got the new car. hopefully it will be just as reliable. this car has so many computers onboard it's like a spacecraft!
What did you end up buying, and how is it so far?

<>< Mike
2000 SL2: SOLD 2018-06-01 with 197,076 mi. (Replaced with 2010 Toyota Prius)
1999 SW2: TOTALED 2014-06-14 with 269,454mi. (Replaced with 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrWhsprs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrWhsprs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrWhsprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #12
saturnsctwo
Master Member

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhsprs View Post
What did you end up buying, and how is it so far?
yes I did. the car's awesome! so many options & features it will take me years to learn about all of it. I love the new car smell & smooth quiet ride. my Saturn was like this when it was new. the years go by fast. I'm disappointed nobody here took interest in my car. it would have been cool if someone here bought the car because I know it would have had a good home. I would be dismayed if I see the car driving down the road with those wide tires on it jacked up with huge boom boxes in the trunk shaking up the neighborhood.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-05-2018, 04:34 AM   #13
MrWhsprs
MrWhsprs is a jewel in the roughMrWhsprs is a jewel in the roughMrWhsprs is a jewel in the rough

Congrats! What new car did you get?

<>< Mike
2000 SL2: SOLD 2018-06-01 with 197,076 mi. (Replaced with 2010 Toyota Prius)
1999 SW2: TOTALED 2014-06-14 with 269,454mi. (Replaced with 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrWhsprs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrWhsprs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrWhsprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:01 AM   #14
saturnsctwo
Master Member

2001 SC2

2018 chevy Cruze love the new car smell!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-15-2018, 05:20 AM   #15
Adellesigmund
Adellesigmund is on a distinguished road

sgvdsgsfgb bdg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Adellesigmund's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Adellesigmund reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Adellesigmund is offline   Reply With Quote