SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2018, 03:10 AM   #61
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2
Default Re: Low Mile Finds

94 SC2, 77K miles. Looks really good
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Saturn...frcectupt=true

What really stood out to me though was just how many pics this guy included. I could only fit half of them in this screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 2.08.19 AM.jpg (104.7 KB, 136 views)

Professional at finding random rattles
1997 SL2, 115K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #62
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

Wow...a clean Gen1 SC2 without a sunroof. Not worth anything close to the asking price, but a nice example. It would make a fantastic winter beater if it was priced at a more reasonable level.

Edit: It's been hit in the back. There's overspray visible on the insides of the tail lights and a poorly painted rear bumper cover that you can see in the open trunk pics.

Best,

---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #63
tizan
tizan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyne View Post
1997 SW2 with 12K

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/12k-original-miles-1-owner-car/6758851561.html
Is this a 12k miles car or is it a 1012k mies ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tizan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tizan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:29 PM   #64
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

^^^^ The Carfax report shows that the car has been driven less than 300 miles in the past 8 years. Last entry shown was in 2010.
sadly, it was not under my tree this morning.

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:37 AM   #65
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUEmaniac View Post
Wow...a clean Gen1 SC2 without a sunroof. Not worth anything close to the asking price, but a nice example. It would make a fantastic winter beater if it was priced at a more reasonable level.

Edit: It's been hit in the back. There's overspray visible on the insides of the tail lights and a poorly painted rear bumper cover that you can see in the open trunk pics.

Best,
Even if it had the optional sunroof, we all know it wouldn't actually still work. Finding an S-Series with a working, factory sunroof is about as rare as finding an '82-'02 Firebird, '84-'88 Fiero, or a 1991-1996 S-Series Coupe with both working head lamp motors.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:53 AM   #66
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Night View Post
Even if it had the optional sunroof, we all know it wouldn't actually still work. Finding an S-Series with a working, factory sunroof is about as rare as finding an '82-'02 Firebird, '84-'88 Fiero, or a 1991-1996 S-Series Coupe with both working head lamp motors.
All of our headlamp door motors work.

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #67
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

I've never had a headlamp motor or sunroof fail. I've been pretty lucky in that regard. I hate sunroofs though. I never use them and it adds zero value/appeal to me while increasing the odds of a leak, adding needless weight, and reducing interior headroom.

---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #68
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinebiker View Post
All of our headlamp door motors work.

My 1995 SC2 has working headlamps and a working sunroof(aftermarket sunroof, though).

My 1984 Fiero had bad motors when I bought it, I spent $180 on a set of USED headlamp motors. They lasted 2-3 days, before they spun the plastic gears out. My buddy had a 1995 Firebird, with one bad motor, and one good one.

1982-1987 were some of the worst years for those motor assemblies. 1988-up were a little better design.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #69
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUEmaniac View Post
I've never had a headlamp motor or sunroof fail. I've been pretty lucky in that regard. I hate sunroofs though. I never use them and it adds zero value/appeal to me while increasing the odds of a leak, adding needless weight, and reducing interior headroom.
I don't like the sunroof design being prone to leaks, however, I very much like a sunroof or even a convertible car on days where the sun shines brightly. I wear a black bandana on my head, pretty much at all times, and this summer I actually developed a tan line on my forehead, from the sunroof being open while driving.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-26-2018, 10:47 PM   #70
1996SW2
1996SW2 is on a distinguished road

1996 SW2
2000 SW2

1995 SL2 Claiming 62,000mi

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6982188311903/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1996SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1996SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1996SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #71
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/c...759736512.html

94D7B8E2-DF1E-46CF-8F45-2420346469E3.jpg

1994 SL1 new traded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-27-2018, 02:33 PM   #72
Fishfreq
Fishfreq is on a distinguished road

I just picked up the cleanest little 1998 Saturn SL1 manual with only 44,000 miles for $750. Garage kept. Interior AND exterior are nearly perfect, except for a few light scratches in the dark green paint's clear coat from things being stored on it in the garage.

Previous owner was an acquaintance's late mother-in-law, and she barely drove it in her final years, obviously. I'll post pics of it soon.

I've put a couple thou miles on it since, did a basic dino (non synthetic) oil change, and plan on cleaning the engine bay (it's not real dirty and leaks zero oil). Also going to change the ORIGINAL 20 yr old tires, not because they're worn out, Lol, they've got plenty of tread, but the sidewall cracking scares me to tears !!!

Great little grocery getter! Getting 30 to 33 mpg on mid grade CA winter blend. My second Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fishfreq's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fishfreq reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fishfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:31 AM   #73
tizan

20 year old tires are really scary...especially the rubber hardening...even if tire tread is good especially in hot weather 7 to 8 years is the lifetime of most tires....i suspect cold does the same on the rubber. And if it has not been used regularly ...one part of the tire only got the contact to the ground and that is where the sidewall will differentially show tear

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tizan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:55 PM   #74
Fishfreq
Fishfreq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizan View Post
20 year old tires are really scary...especially the rubber hardening...even if tire tread is good especially in hot weather 7 to 8 years is the lifetime of most tires....i suspect cold does the same on the rubber. And if it has not been used regularly ...one part of the tire only got the contact to the ground and that is where the sidewall will differentially show tear
I TOTALLY AGREE Tizan, that's why I'm frantically searching for new tires. Have 17 yr old tires on a trailer that delaminated right there at the edge of the tread/sidewall just like you said. They died from age, dry rot, not wearing out the tread at all.

I'm also searching for lighter larger diam aluminum wheels to improve handling and lower unsprung weight. Gonna ditch the stock 14" steel wheels and hub caps, not JUST because they're gross looking, but because they're heavy too.

I'm finding TONS of used 15-16 inch aftermarket wheels for sale online, just gotta pick the lightest set I can, that fits 4x100 lug pattern... Hope I can do all this before my tires blow apart!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fishfreq's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fishfreq reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fishfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:13 PM   #75
dummo
Master Member

1997 SW2

^^^^ did you see the $300.00 set of virtually new Iron Cross/Lego Ion dubs I recently found and put in the Craigslist Deal of the day thread?
Didja huh?

1994 SL1 new traded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-31-2018, 06:31 PM   #76
VUEmaniac

1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfreq View Post
I TOTALLY AGREE Tizan, that's why I'm frantically searching for new tires. Have 17 yr old tires on a trailer that delaminated right there at the edge of the tread/sidewall just like you said. They died from age, dry rot, not wearing out the tread at all.

I'm also searching for lighter larger diam aluminum wheels to improve handling and lower unsprung weight. Gonna ditch the stock 14" steel wheels and hub caps, not JUST because they're gross looking, but because they're heavy too.

I'm finding TONS of used 15-16 inch aftermarket wheels for sale online, just gotta pick the lightest set I can, that fits 4x100 lug pattern... Hope I can do all this before my tires blow apart!
Tirerack.com will ship you mounted/balanced tires on new rims with free shipping. If you don't pick expensive tires, you can probably get brand new rims/tires for under $700 to your door.

Best,

---

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-01-2019, 07:49 PM   #77
jpags729
jpags729 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/c...769100425.html

Love the green. Only ~60k miles on it too.

Current:
1999 Saturn SL2 1.9 "Sophia Loren 2"
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4
1993 Chevy Camaro Z28 5.7

Previous:
2007 Chevy Malibu LS 2.2
2003 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jpags729's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jpags729 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jpags729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:01 AM   #78
tizan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpags729 View Post
Low miles but seem to have sat in the sun for very long with no protective waxing.
The hood paint is quite peeled off.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #79
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:

That is a really nice find, and super clean. Who cares if the clear coat is peeling? I would buy that car, if I had $1,600 and needed a cheap, reliable car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-03-2019, 03:50 AM   #80
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

The 99 SC2 I am currently driving ( most) is the dark green. I sort of like it.. It almost looks black in some lighting.

But, only paid 300 bucks for it. Nice paint - blown engine.....

I think I would only get excited about a yellow one..

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote