SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
alohadee
Member
alohadee is on a distinguished road
 
alohadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: So CA (From Hawai'i)
Posts: 106
 

2005 VUE Red Line
Cool Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx


Im a newbie here....

I just purchased my first Saturn

Well going to read more here...
I pick up my Saturn on Wed....



DeeDee

I Can see there are more toys coming:

TLC Lights, 20'' Rims....
Hmmmmm...
alohadee is offline  
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
ciciusss
Member
ciciusss is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 111
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Congratulations and welcome to Saturnfans. I think you will like the Redline VUE. My wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed our 2005 Redline VUE.
...
Jeff
ciciusss is offline  
Old 03-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant futureCharlie has a brilliant future
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 3,839
 

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Welcome to SaturnFans.com!! Nice car.

Charlie
...
2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)
Charlie is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #4
SilverRL
Member
SilverRL is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Posts: 67

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Welcome abroad. I hope you like your RL Vue as much as I do.
SilverRL is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 01:25 AM   #5
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,608
 

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Welcome to SaturnFans! May I suggest your first mod be the removal of the "bong". It takes 20 minutes, a 10mm ratchet, and a small slotted screwdriver. You'll enjoy the sound and the fury of the 3.5L V6 so much more that way. They should make them that way, I think.
...
Tupperware cars FTW!!!
Dante is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
swoker183
Senior Member
swoker183 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New Britain, CT
Posts: 1,669
 

2006 ION Red Line
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

welcome to the site and enjoy your new saturn and stay here
swoker183 is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
alohadee
Member
alohadee is on a distinguished road
 
alohadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: So CA (From Hawai'i)
Posts: 106
 

2005 VUE Red Line
Idea Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
Welcome to SaturnFans! May I suggest your first mod be the removal of the "bong". It takes 20 minutes, a 10mm ratchet, and a small slotted screwdriver. You'll enjoy the sound and the fury of the 3.5L V6 so much more that way. They should make them that way, I think.

Dante

Sorry this girl doesnt know what the bong is...
Can you elaborate....?
So I can take your suggestion....


Thanks
10mm Ratchet & Sloted screwdriver.....
alohadee is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,608
 

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohadee
Dante

Sorry this girl doesnt know what the bong is...
Can you elaborate....?
So I can take your suggestion....


Thanks
10mm Ratchet & Sloted screwdriver.....
Alohadee -- sure thing.

The device commonly referred to as the "bong" is a rather large harmonic muffler on the intake. It's basically a big, contorted, twisted box of tubing that air comes into from just behind the front bumper, and feeds into the bottom of the air filter box via a tube with a 90 degree bend in it. When you remove the bong, you are left with only the air filter box, and the short, large curved tube that leads into the bottom of it. This bent pipe faces directly forward into the space under the passenger side headlight, which is where the bong sits. When you take the bong out, you get a more free-flowing intake, a considerably louder intake, and a large open space in front of the actual point of entry for the air intake. Removing it gets you less restriction on the intake, and a monstrous growl above about 3000 RPM. It sounds pretty darn cool. It's basically equivalent to about halfway between the stock intake and using something like the K&N FIPK or a cold air intake. You keep the stock air filter box, filter, and the long tube that goes to the actual engine. You just remove this big ugly muffler in front of the filter.

Check out my gallery for some pics of the bong and surrounding area.

Fotovue asked me to do a how-to for , his site, which I hope to get done this weekend (after she gets a bath, of course).
...
Tupperware cars FTW!!!
Dante is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 02:09 PM   #9
joejones3rd
Member
joejones3rd is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: sunrise florida
Posts: 53

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Do you have to remove the bumper to remove the bong?
joejones3rd is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #10
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough
 
Spazie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Huber Heights, OH
Posts: 4,538
 

1993 SC2
1999 SL2
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejones3rd
Do you have to remove the bumper to remove the bong?
Most of it. It's pretty easy to remove, though. We did it with only taking half of the bumper off, but there was four of us working on it, so two of the guys held the bumper out of the way while the other two of us yanked the bong off.
...
13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k
Spazie is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #11
joejones3rd
Member
joejones3rd is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: sunrise florida
Posts: 53

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

How many and where are the screws that hold the bumper? Has anyone taken their Vue/RLV to the drag strip to see what it turns?
joejones3rd is offline  
Old 03-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #12
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,608
 

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejones3rd
How many and where are the screws that hold the bumper? Has anyone taken their Vue/RLV to the drag strip to see what it turns?
There are four 10mm bolts and a bunch of pop pins holding the entire front bumper on. In order to do this, you'll need to remove the passenger side headlight, then take out pop pins and bolts as you go. The bolts are at the top of the bumper where it meets the front quarter panel, and another at the bottom of the front of the quarter panel inside the wheel well. Remove all the pop pins that go into the bumper, remove the bolts, and pull gently forward and out and it should slide right out. The bong is right in front of the air box, held on by a pair of 10mm bolts. Comes straight forward and off. No need to hack it to pieces with shears. :P

I haven't taken my Vue on a drag strip, only on a few laps around the Texas Motor Speedway. That was awesome! Hopefully next time I get to go to the TMS, I'll get a friend with a camera that takes video to shoot video of me driving around the track, while another friend takes video from inside. I only got stills last time, and it was at night, so they weren't so great. There is a 1/8 mile track fairly close that I hope to go to with my friend who has an '02 Vette in the next month. The closest quarter mile track is about 75 miles away down in Ennis, but that's a bigtime bad mamma jamma dragstrip! Maybe some day we'll head out there and get real quarter mile times. They do have "amateur night" now and then.
...
Tupperware cars FTW!!!
Dante is offline  
Old 03-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #13
alohadee
Member
alohadee is on a distinguished road
 
alohadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: So CA (From Hawai'i)
Posts: 106
 

2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
There are four 10mm bolts and a bunch of pop pins holding the entire front bumper on. In order to do this, you'll need to remove the passenger side headlight, then take out pop pins and bolts as you go. The bolts are at the top of the bumper where it meets the front quarter panel, and another at the bottom of the front of the quarter panel inside the wheel well. Remove all the pop pins that go into the bumper, remove the bolts, and pull gently forward and out and it should slide right out. The bong is right in front of the air box, held on by a pair of 10mm bolts. Comes straight forward and off. No need to hack it to pieces with shears. :P

I haven't taken my Vue on a drag strip, only on a few laps around the Texas Motor Speedway. That was awesome! Hopefully next time I get to go to the TMS, I'll get a friend with a camera that takes video to shoot video of me driving around the track, while another friend takes video from inside. I only got stills last time, and it was at night, so they weren't so great. There is a 1/8 mile track fairly close that I hope to go to with my friend who has an '02 Vette in the next month. The closest quarter mile track is about 75 miles away down in Ennis, but that's a bigtime bad mamma jamma dragstrip! Maybe some day we'll head out there and get real quarter mile times. They do have "amateur night" now and then.
Thanks soooo much Dante...

My BF will think Im crazy --- And my four friends probably couldnt lift a bumper (Else their nails would get messed up! )

do you think a Repair shop $$ would perform that and for how much?
alohadee is offline  
Old 03-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #14
Dante
Master Member
Dante is on a distinguished road
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 3,608
 

2004 VUE Red Line
2002 SL2
Default Re: Aloha_1st Post Here-I just bought my first Saturn _ RLVue Black Onyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohadee
Thanks soooo much Dante...

My BF will think Im crazy --- And my four friends probably couldnt lift a bumper (Else their nails would get messed up! )

do you think a Repair shop $$ would perform that and for how much?
Trust me, the bumper weighs about 5 pounds, total. Seriously. Spazie's friends are just wimps. :P Don't be timid, just do it! And do it yourself!
...
Tupperware cars FTW!!!
Dante is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 2007 Ion 3 - Black Onyx ETA 3 Days VueBoost Ion Mods 2 06-18-2006 05:14 PM
LF Black Onyx Sky Video Brocks07SkyRL Sky General 9 05-21-2006 08:39 PM
Black Onyx vehicle owners -- what towel to wipe & polish with? Twinkie General Saturn Discussion 3 09-07-2005 03:02 AM
aftermarket accessories for05 vue fwd sport onyx black? Hunter Vue General 1 03-15-2005 09:01 PM
black-onyx? nickel-silver? canuck_vue Vue General 0 07-03-2003 02:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.