SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
01SuperCoupe
01SuperCoupe is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
2009 Astra XR
Question Vent visors for a 2009 5-door?

Anyone know where I can get a set of Vent Visors for my wife's '09 Astra XR 5-door?
I have them on my '01 SC2, and I love them. The wife is jealous and wants her own! I've checked eBay, and some of the other more common sites to purchase aftermarket parts, but with no luck.

I was thinking that maybe because the Astra wasn't around very long the aftermarket suppliers didn't make too many parts for these cars...I hope this isn't the case. If anyone knows where to get these please let me know!

When in stressful situations look to man's best friend for the best advice: "If you can't eat it and you can't play with it, just pee on it and walk away."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 01SuperCoupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 01SuperCoupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
01SuperCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
99SC1-R
99SC1-R is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Vent visors for a 2009 5-door?

I put the vent visors for a Focus ZX5 on my Astra, the front ones look great, even like they could be the stock ones/ones actually made for the car. The rear ones that come with the Focus ZX5 kit are a different story.

You can get them pretty much anywhere that sells them, Canadian Tire for example, for a 00 to lik 2007 ZX5.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99SC1-R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99SC1-R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
99SC1-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
turboguy327
turboguy327 is on a distinguished road

Did you check saturn?? They are a OEM accesory and the part # is still good for both the 3 door and the 5 door. I just ordered some today for my 3 door from saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to turboguy327's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help turboguy327 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
99SC1-R
99SC1-R is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I found some on the OPEL website, but that would have been a pricey purchase.

I didn't check the dealer cause they are closed down...and the dealership supposedly taking care of my warranty and maintenance has been a little too interested in trying to get me into one of their cars. Same with the other GM dealers I've tried. Its more about the sales of new vehicles with the dealers where I live then about servicing clients and their cars...

So I got the ZX5 ones on sale for 52 and decided it would be a good compromise for now. Plus my Astra is parked an average of 7-8 months a year, so I didn't wanna spend too much time looking around.

BTW turboguy327, now that you mentioned it, where did you order yours, what was the ETA and how much were they?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99SC1-R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99SC1-R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
99SC1-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
turboguy327
turboguy327 is on a distinguished road

I ordered them from Saturn of Rochester. In penfield ny. They where 63 bucks and they said a week to get them in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to turboguy327's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help turboguy327 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
PaulR
PaulR is on a distinguished road

Bought a set of window vent visors for my 3 door. After the first set that was shipped came broken via UPS (Usual Poor Service) a second arrived. Pretty neat: smoke color, good quality, even the Opel logo sticker on them. I tried to install though and they really don't fit. On the front downward lower portion it hits (cuts into) the beltline moulding. They are too long? No amount of prying or bending will put them properly into the window channel. I just do not want to break the darn things! Or mess up the function of my windows. Oh well. Maybe I will try another attempt at it someday. Just my input.

PaulR

PaulR

2008 XR3 5 speed, heated seats, leather, premium sound , 18" wheels, center armrest
2008 XE5 5 speed, heated seats, panoramic moonroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PaulR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PaulR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PaulR is offline   Reply With Quote