SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
2007AuraXR
2007AuraXR is on a distinguished road

Question 2007 Saturn Aura XR 176,335 miles 3.6L

Hi, Names Nick and I'm new to Saturn fans. I have a 2007 Saturn Aura XR with 176,335 miles. I got the car back in July and have done some maintenance to it including Front brake pads and rotors, Ignition coil #6 (Was supposed to change #2) a starter. Rear Driver brake Caliper, ignition coil #2 and passenger side wheel bearing. I'm getting ready to drive from Indiana to Louisiana on Friday. About 3 months after having the car I felt a stutter and shake and hesitation when trying to drive between 45-70 miles and hour it would cause the check engine light to blink and sometimes stay illuminated. I took it into the shop and they said I had a misfire in cylinder #2 and said the ignition coil needed to changed. So in and out and car ran better but it didn't fix the problem. Due to my work schedule and finances I was unable to bring the car back in until early last week. Mechanic read the codes and said I was having a misfire in cylinder #2 he popped the hood and come to find out last time they changed coil #6 instead of #2. So I had coil #2 replaced and engine is doing 3x better no stuttering no shaking and acceleration is normal. 2 days after having coil #2 changed check engine light came back on so I went to Autozone and get the P0302 code again saying there's a misfire. But there is no engine shaking. Acceleration is normal. And engine runs smooth. So I bring it back to the mechanic and he plugs it up and we drive and everything is on time and there are no misfires. Because I'm driving over 2,000 miles round trip I'm wondering what should I do? Car is running good and everything seems normal. Is this a regular thing for the codes to get locked into the ECMs memory? Any response is greatly appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2007AuraXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2007AuraXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2007AuraXR is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1
Default Re: 2007 Saturn Aura XR 176,335 miles 3.6L

We in the S-series have different engines and electrical control systems than what you have on the Aura.....I would repost this thread in the AURA section of Saturn fans for the quickest and surest response.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote