SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
kylesn
kylesn is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 saturn ion 2 driver door weathstrip

the weatherstrip that goes around the door that is between the door and the frame is missing about 4 inches and when driving down the road i can fell and hear air coming in through the gap so i was wanting to find the best place to get a new one also on the driver front and back door the little strip that is on the door where the window is on the outside to seal it i need those as well

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kylesn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kylesn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kylesn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: 2007 saturn ion 2 driver door weathstrip

Do you have a picture of it to help determine which peice it is?

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oxyhydro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oxyhydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #3
kylesn
kylesn is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: 2007 saturn ion 2 driver door weathstrip

video
youtube.com/watch?v=J9r0rEWZLVs

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kylesn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kylesn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kylesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:50 AM   #4
oxyhydro
oxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura aboutoxyhydro has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Yea that's a pretty common spot, mine is pretty much like that to and has been for years. I've done part searches although I have found the actual part which I think was like 60$ just for 1 price the best option I've seen and have planned on doing when I'm not so busy...years later lol is to just pick the rest of the black off without really destroying the price behind it and just plastidip it black which is like $5 a can, it will look brand new and if you accidentally get paint on other stuff you can just peel it off, I've seen it done without any problems. The price that touches the window to keep debris and water from going in my door is gone to but I've never had any problems with anything this whole time with it being like that...
To the top peice I'm not really sure but I know most parts like that would be from a GM wholesale site that charges out the ass and hard to find the actual part or junk yard, mine started splitting and I put super glue on the bottom and it's been and looks fine.

support your local 81!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oxyhydro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oxyhydro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oxyhydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 12:35 AM   #5
rowdydog
Advanced Member
rowdydog has a spectacular aura aboutrowdydog has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line

the ones on the outside where the rubber is peeling are called belt moldings, I believe the other is called main body seal

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rowdydog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rowdydog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rowdydog is offline   Reply With Quote