SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
Kevin47
Kevin47 is on a distinguished road

1996 SC2
1998 SC2
Default Hawaii Saturn Owners/Mechanics ?! Honolulu

Big thanks to this forum for providing a place for outcast mental rejects to geek over something as lame as Saturn motor company and there throw-away unsellable products.

- really tho the accumulated knowledge here has saved my ass while significantly adding to my insanity. I guess its like a jeep thing only with nerf football domestic civics.

I bought a car for my girlfriend to learn standard on and found a 1998 Sc2 on craigslist for $500. I thought cool, didn't know saturn even made a sportscar or had a standard transmission and when I picked it up I was amazed how well it drove... The car was eating up powersteering fluid so I had a mechanic that I used regularly look into it. After $900 and multiple complaints from my g/f I looked into the situation, stopped using the guy for any of my cars and tried really hard to find a different mechanic.

Come to find out no one will go near this car at all for different reasons "not saturn trained" "hard to get parts" etc.... I said what the hell its a car like any other, bought me a parts car and have been chopping them up for almost 2 years now. SO THANKS GUYS!!

My girls '98 was cherry, I took her on a drive on Tantalus mountain her second day learning and she shamed all the little ricer kids screaming "I cannot HANG!" going WOT up hill and "I'm gonna pull over!!" full spead down it... I was laughing my ass off thinking I was gonna die while all the car clubs took pictures and debated what she was driving.

This I know because I overheard some of them talking about her at the gas station the next day - "pontiac, camero, 3000gt" and so on..never a saturn lol.

Feeling pretty cool about myself and with the car running good I never thought to really check the oil.. until about 3 weeks later when I borrowed it to go to work and the car completely died without warning. I still dont know how or why but all the power went out, then back on and the engine couldin't crank. Guess I seized the engine but I don't know - I have since bought sub $500 cars in the hopes of a rebuild/repair on her car that never happend- I destroyed a ton of potentially cool cars to harvest parts but only recently found time to actually do work, I crashed my nissan hardbody I had for 16 years a couple weeks back, lost my job and bought a 1996 sc2 with leather interior from a marine who is the only person I have met besides myself who absolutly loves this car!

SO WITH THAT ALL SAID - Any other people from Hawaii out there still using this forum/ wrenching these cars/ needing parts?! It would be nice to find some local support or some people who could some of the crap I have collected.. or people with the same mental condition as me because even my girlfriend tells me I have gone to far with this Saturn BS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin47's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin47 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kevin47 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links