SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
Mark_b
Mark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the rough

1996 SC2
1999 SC2
Default Replacing my car lift.

I have a very old Werther international 2 post screw car lift 1984. It is only rated for 4500 pounds. My Tahoe will not be going on it anytime soon. It broke down with my son’s car on the lift.
I had to buy some very tall jack stands to get it off the lift. Thankfully it was not the whole way lifted up.

My wife wanted to get me (new to me) lift for our anniversary.
This is a nicety so I can’t justify buying a great USA made lift.

I have been looking at used lifts for a while. Either they are not made any more and parts who knows? I don’t want to just buy someone issues.
local guy that buys lifts from a lift installer in Charlotte NC. He buys in bulk so he gets a deal.
He knew I was looking for a lift and he just got more lifts in and texted me. I went yesterday and looked at them. He had a Eagle 10,000 pound certified lift made 11/2009. Hydraulic hoses looked good the cables looked very good. Inside where the slides looked like it did not get that much use.

It was if great shape just inspected by a Rotery lift dealer before they take them down to make sure they work correctly. He had one just like this one in his shop he let me see that one in action.
I bought this one. We settled on $1,250 he added in new redhead bolts shims and a few washers.
This one has the lock release in one place by the motor I like this feature.

This lift can be installed on min 4” reinforced concrete. This works out good because I have fiber and metal fabric 4” concrete. I have red dirt packed by a Bull bulldozer running back and forth for hours it is almost like concrete under concrete.
To top it off the guy was supper nice and we had a lot in common. He was an electronics tech in the Air Force and I was electronics tech in the Navy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180318_174816.jpg (126.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20180625_161531.jpg (116.5 KB, 35 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mark_b's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mark_b reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
Mark_b
Mark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the roughMark_b is a jewel in the rough

1996 SC2
1999 SC2
Default Re: Replacing my car lift.

Today was a good day. I put my old lift on FB marketplace saying needs repaired $500 as is. It sold in two hours they put down $150 deposit and then they picked it up a couple hours later.
That thing was built like a tank they donít make them like that anymore.
They still sell parts for that lift. The guy that got it will fix it.
People around here think I am crazy putting in a car lift I thought people on this group would get it.

I am excited to plan out where and how I will do the install one the new lift.

Last edited by Mark_b; 06-26-2018 at 08:30 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Mark_b reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #3
Mark_b

1996 SC2
1999 SC2

My 16 year old son and I installed the lift. A a drill winch helpped.
All the anchor bolts are in and it is wired up. The lift has been put to work.

The first car up on the lift the 99 SC2.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180706_175150.jpg (125.7 KB, 26 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-09-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

I would have a lift too, if I had more room in the garage Actually I would settle for a pit. So I could work on my Saturn SL.

So:
we are crazy
or
everyone else is.

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

Is it 120 volts?

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #6
Mark_b

1996 SC2
1999 SC2

Nice someone that is like mined.
I did not feel crazy when I rotated my tires on my Chevy volt in no time at all.
This one is 240 Volt but they do make some that are 120 Volt.

This lift is asymmetrical so you can install it closer to the front wall to save space and it allows you to get in and out of the car with more room.

I need to clean my garage up I get to many projects going.
I am going to sell a few things to make some more room.

Last edited by Mark_b; 07-09-2018 at 04:59 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!