SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
MyAura
MyAura is on a distinguished road

Mad Need Help! Brake lights work intermittently or stay on while driving

Hello, I'm frustrated and don't know what to do next. Couple weeks ago, my brake lights would only work intermittently when pressing on the brake, they would light up then go out while having your foot on the brake, once you let your foot off the brake, idling or driving the brake lights would light up and stay on, including the 3rd window light. Thought I solved the problem for my 2009 Saturn Aura XR by changing the brake light switch. The car seem to be working correctly. Now fast forward 3 weeks and while putting air in the tires I noticed all 3 of the brake lights are on. The car is in park and running. Backed up to a window to see the reflection of my brakes...when I push on my brake pedal, sometimes they appear to be working properly and other times they won't come on. I don't know where to begin to fix this! Suggestions? Please help! I've had it! Im pretty automotive savy for a girl, researched and watched videos on how to do the brake light switch replacement but now I just don't know what to do or test next. Thank you, Laura

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyAura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyAura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyAura is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Need Help! Brake lights work intermittently or stay on while driving

Laura, welcome to Saturnfans and hopefully a member or more here can help with a solution. First thing to do here is repost this question in the Aura forums to reach every Aura member that may have a clue and advice. I'm guessing, based on my brake switch configuration (L300) that some brake switches require a setup procedure after installation for aligning when the switch operates. These brake switches aren't like the older style of a simple remove, replace and drive. If your brake switch is the type requiring initial setup after installation, a procedure is followed for setup. I don't know if youtube videos you viewed are generalized or specific to Auras.

In addition to Aura members that might help, did you try repairpal.com? The alternatives are either visiting a repair shop or last resort, GM. You should be able to find an answer for a diyer as most here are not willing to hand over their wallets to a dealer or repair shop for many repairs most are capable of doing with or without tools and procedures anyone can follow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote