SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
Tdevil76
Tdevil76 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Any body had to recondition their head lights

Hey,
I have a 2007 Outlook XR...both head light lenses are hazed over pretty good. I have seen multiple products on the market that supposedly "restore" lenses to like new...has any one had experience with any of these products? What are your recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tdevil76's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tdevil76 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tdevil76 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
GPCBAKER
GPCBAKER is on a distinguished road

1996 SW2
Default Re: Any body had to recondition their head lights

I don't have the package that I bought to restore my headlights a few months ago. I will try my best to relay on to you what I learned and how well it worked for me. I bought the headlight restore kit at Walmart - seems the price was around $15-18. The package contained a rubberized disc you can use with an electric drill. It also contained some stickybacked grit discs. A couple were 500 grit, a couple were 800 grit and the final ones were 3000 grit. Some polishing compound in a small package also.
After taping off around the complete headlight to avoid scratching paint or chrome, spray headlight with water and drill at medium speed with the 500 grit disc applied, polish the headlight and keep moving over surface to avoid a "burn" spot. At this point you will think you have blurred the headlight beyond future use. Wrong. This is where you will remove almost all of the blurred, uneven, dirty surface. The complete headlight should look a dull haze all over (no shinny spots showing). Now things look up. Water and the 800 grit will bring some life to the lights. Good even buffing again required. Now the water and 3000 grit. Starting to look like a headlight again. There is about 80-90% improvement here. Here you will apply the polishing compound and WOW! Clear headlights. Really bad lights should clear up about 85-95%. Please excuse me for posting such a long reply but I felt it was worth noting that a simple task, applied with simple tools, and at a low cost was worth restoring expensive headlights. ED

1999 SL2, My first Saturn. GONE
1996 SW2, My second Saturn

Last edited by GPCBAKER; 01-15-2012 at 12:14 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GPCBAKER's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GPCBAKER reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GPCBAKER is offline   Reply With Quote