SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
MyOutlook
MyOutlook is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Struts on 07 Outlook

I'm getting ready to replace my struts again for the 4th time in less than 2 years. has anybody else had this problem? Have had every other problem that has been posted about, but haven't read anything about the struts. Just curious if these struts are a manufacturing problem, or if I'm being had by the dealership.....ie...not putting in new ones. The dealership does not like to see me walk in the door. Man, love my outlook, but have NEVER had as many problems with any other cars I've owned combined!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyOutlook's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyOutlook reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyOutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Struts on 07 Outlook

what are the struts doing that make you or them think they are bad?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
MyOutlook
MyOutlook is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

They are leaking.....as been the case when they were replaced previous times

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyOutlook's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyOutlook reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyOutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Shewy
Shewy is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

I just had my 07' into the shop as I have a whining sound along with what sounds like a coil bind. I am told it is the strut brgs and are not covered under my extended warranty. Has anyone had this problem?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Shewy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Shewy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Shewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

factory extended warranty shoulod cover struts. aftermarket may not

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #6
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE

Had a oil service 6k back, at Certigard and they mentioned as part of their report that right front strut was leaking The service mgr told me to try and get replaced under warranty.

Thinks GM warranty should cover but also said they would likely 'waffle' on it with some reason or other !!

nite,
doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Happy Re: Struts on 07 Outlook

The dealership DID replace the RF strut (early july visit) on warranty, even though earlier while swapping out winter set of tires for summers I had cleaned off the oil residue off the strut.

Luckily there must have been enough negative action to the strut assembly they decided to swap out also included a wheel alignment etc.

Maybe 'cause I also mentioned a rubbing problem on the drivers side wheel on some rubber flashing at the bottom inside fender well which covers a suspension 'joint'. Hopefully it does not come back when i swap back to winter set again in the next wk.

nite,
doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote