SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
RustyBear
RustyBear is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Information Windshield washer woes...

Does anyone have any ideas on how I may fix my windshield washers? Both front and rear nozzles spray some fluid but its very weak. The pump seems to be working OK and I cannot spot any leaks. I figure there is something blocking the fluid stream...any ideas? Trying to avoid hauling it down to the shop for such a fiddlie thing.

("") RustyBear ("")

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RustyBear's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RustyBear reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RustyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Windshield washer woes...

Try taking the nozzles off. Then, with the hose disconnected from the nozzle, turn on the washers to verify that the pump is working and the line is clear. Then try to clear the nozzle. I soaked the nozzles for my SC in acetone for awhile. It helped for one but the other was so clogged I just bought a new one. For the S-Series they weren't that expensive.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
VTchemist
VTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the roughVTchemist is a jewel in the rough

2003 VUE 3.0L

I had to replace my passenger's side nozzle (the frit blew out).

Cost at the dealer was about $10 each.

Access involves removing the plastic fasteners. (There are posts on this, just lift out the center pin, and the fastener can be pulled out).

The passenger's side is easy to replace. The driver's side requires some serious wrist contorting. If you have a friend with small hands, have them help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTchemist's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTchemist reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
1saxman
Master Member
1saxman is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

This is what I do on my wife's VUE which keeps clogging the spray nozzles; I take the pump line apart at the connection near the fluid reservoir; I use my air compressor blow gun to blow directly into the nozzles; I reconnect the pump line. This usually works for several months. The spray orifices are small, and it doesn't take much to clog them up. If you don't have a compressor, you may be able to get your local shop (or 'service station', if any still exist in your area) to blow them out after you disconnect the pump line. You definitely need to pull the pump line apart so the fluid/air/debris has someplace to go when you blast the nozzles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1saxman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1saxman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1saxman is offline   Reply With Quote