|02-25-2004, 11:40 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, TX
I posted on here as liquiddog a couple of years ago. Had just traded in my eagle for a 2001 saturn sc2 and wished for 100k miles. Three years later, 98k is on the odometer and it's still going. I drove it in dallas for 80k miles. The car has been sideways on 75 N at 70 MPH, it has been in the air with all four wheels at 50 mph due to no "dip" sign. (Thanks city of irving)
This car runs like a ak-47. Always seems to work, but not always perfectly.
Serious Maintenance so far:
- 60k miles: intake manifold gasket
- 98k miles: two engine struts broken
- 60k: replaced disc brakes with expensive pads and $15 rotors. Have new break parts with better rotors I'm about to put on to replace cheap warped rotors.
- 95k replaced transmission fluid (forgot @ 5k miles)
- 98k replaced serpentine belt with factory saturn belt
- changed oil, air filter, and replaced spark plugs w/ngk v power at various intervals
- 80k new factory saturn PCV valve ($6), tried oil change shop pcv valve and they do not fit. They pop off and the hose connector is in the wrong spot.
struts, suspension is no longer functioning
I'm pretty pleased. I'll post a pic of the odo rolling over 100k.
|SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Reliable @ 100K Miles||Coolabie||Vue General||12||05-10-2008 08:56 AM|
|first oil change at 100k miles??||charlien63||Ion General||24||10-20-2007 07:30 PM|
|3.0 V6: Replace Timing Belt at 100K Miles?||canoecrafter||L-Series Tech||5||02-24-2007 03:08 AM|
|FS 03 Ion 2 sedan w/100k miles warranty!!||penjaja||Classifieds||11||07-23-2004 10:21 PM|
|Just hit 100k miles!||VTHokie00SL2||General Saturn Discussion||6||07-27-2001 12:19 PM|