SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
CDundee
CDundee is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Sedan
Default Remote Keyless Entry not working on 2004 Ion

Hello all,

I have a 2004 Ion 3 and just recently the remote keyless entry stopped working. Also the red light that normally blinks below the steering wheel is no longer blinking. I believe it is probably a fuse problem, but I can't find which fuse would control this. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CDundee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CDundee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CDundee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Remote Keyless Entry not working on 2004 Ion

What red light? I've had 2 ions, and driven several more and have never seen a red light. It's this the saturn rke, or aftermarket rke?

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
lgodave
lgodave will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 ion2 View Post
What red light? I've had 2 ions, and driven several more and have never seen a red light. It's this the saturn rke, or aftermarket rke?
Well if it's a factory ION-3... I'd agree I've not seen a Red Light (on my 2003) under the Steering Wheel. Might need to determine if the "Red Light" is some aftermarket add on it might be causing this issue...

I know I have had issues with blowing the fuse on my Factory RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) where I still have turn signals respond to the Key Fob but the Power Locks don't lock/unlock and the horn no longer beeps to confirm locking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lgodave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lgodave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lgodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
CDundee

2004 ION-3 Sedan

Yeah I'm not sure. I assumed that the keyless entry was factory installed. The horn never beeped when the doors were locked on my Ion. I have tried looking through the fuse diagrams to find a fuse to control it, but I can't find one. Where is the fuse that controls the factory RKE?

Thanks Again!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help CDundee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
CDundee

2004 ION-3 Sedan

So can anyone tell me where the factory RKE fuse is located? Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks again!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
lgodave
lgodave will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Sedan

If your ION is a level 3 (Fog Lights/White Gauge Instrument Panel) then it came with Factory Remote Keyless Entry.

The RKE on my 2003 ION-3 will "honk" the horn if I "double lock" my doors (Press the Key Fob Lock twice when the doors have already locked).

You might confirm that your Horn is functional and that it's fuse isn't blown too.

As for the fuse that I usually check when my Power Locks isn't working is in the Instrument Panel Fuse Block (Behind a "Kick Plate" on the Driver's Side near the Gas Pedal). It's labeled BCM (PWR) and is a Blue 15 AMP ATM Mini fuse (powers Entry Control and Trunk Release... so you may want to confirm if that is working too or not. Double check that the Valet Override Switch is "unlocked" so that the Trunk Release Button in the Car or on the Fob works... otherwise you must manually open via Key).

Just for discussion... have you recently "jump started" your vehicle (has been known to cause odd/random electrical problems if "jumped" wrong.) and/or any Engine warning Lights? (Just curious. Vehicle is running normally otherwise?)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lgodave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lgodave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lgodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #7
bingnune
bingnune is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgodave View Post
... Just for discussion... have you recently "jump started" your vehicle (has been known to cause odd/random electrical problems if "jumped" wrong.) and/or any Engine warning Lights? (Just curious. Vehicle is running normally otherwise?)
Here is my ride:
2003 Saturn Ion 2, 2.4L 4 cylinder, power locks, power windows, power, sunroof, automatic transmission, 84,xxx miles

I know this thread is forever ago and probably half of the people that were asking questions are probably not involved much anymore, but I'm hoping that the ones that answer those questions are still around!
I have looked all over, and maybe I've missed it somehow but I have a semi-related question to your answer lgodave...

You mentioned having odd/random electrical problems (after a jump done wrong) and I hope my issues are something like this rather than the gremlins I've been imagining.

My key fob works on random doors at random times. If it feels like it, it will unlock the driver's door on the first push. The alarm always turns off when it is pressed that first time and the lights flash as evidence that it received the fob signal. But if she is in "a mood", she doesn't let me in without the key. She must like the front passenger more than me because that door doesn't seem to lock anyone out hardly at all... The back passengers are almost always out of luck. They can't get in or out. The driver's side may unlock to let me out, but Christine has her moods...

I don't have any problems with the windows, and she doesn't play special songs on the radio for me yet, but the locks are driving me crazy. I mean, every time we get out of the car (if we can get out) we have to make sure all the doors lock or the alarm goes off beckoning me to come back, right as I walk into wherever it is I was going.

I have the leaking sunroof that has left puddles on the floor for the passenger to soak her feet, the headliner is coming off in spots, and it has destroyed my sun visor (which I redneck fixed!), exhaust leaks, that I'm supposed to be working on right now, and worst of all, I have an ignition switch that won't turn off or let go of the key. Someone must have removed the little cover (if there ever was one on the steering column) to press the button to get out. The sunroof won't open or close and the light for the OnStar light flashes its light nonstop.

I have a Chevy Trailblazer that has been giving me fits for the last 3 years, and I still don't have it running quite right. (I'm not a mechanic, but I play one on YouTube!) I had to jumpstart it when I got it going again a couple months ago, but I'm pretty sure that the locks were doing their thing before that. I'm not sure though, so was there something that had to be done to kind of "reset its memory" of how much she needs me, so she will let me in again? Is there a flash for the computers or a reset process I need to try?

I finally have time to chase it down, but I have to start with the exhaust! My gf has been driving it into the ground because her car broke down... The bad mileage is horrible with the exhaust being off so badly! And gas prices going up does me no good, except maybe motivate me!

Thank you for any help you can provide!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bingnune's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bingnune reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bingnune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:55 PM   #8
bern
Advanced Member
bern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nicebern is just really nice

2006 VUE 3.5L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Check the wire harness behind the driver's side left kick panel for burned orange wire or water intrusion.

If the remote transmitter controls anything during a button push it worked as needed. so if the security is switched off but the driver's door didn't unlock then their is a problem with the door latch and or latch circuit. wires that are breaking inside the door jam will also cause intermittent failure.

A latch that is starting to fail may unlock or lock once cold but likely not more than 3 times in a roll.

You can also compare latch performance using the inside door panel switch.

Note Ion's with manual crank windows don't have RKE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bern's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bern reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bern is offline   Reply With Quote