SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #1
jacek_p
jacek_p is a jewel in the roughjacek_p is a jewel in the roughjacek_p is a jewel in the roughjacek_p is a jewel in the rough

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default I'm selling my Ion

I'm in south Alabama area if anyone is interested. Lots of work put in the car, very reliable now (164k miles), but my son bought something else for himself (I guess to impress girls).

fixed/replaced so far: side mirror, window trims x4, trunk floor, radiator bushing, alternator, starter, LCA x2, sway bar bushings x2, end links x2, timing chain tensioner, O2 sensor.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jacek_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jacek_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jacek_p is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
jacek_p
jacek_p is a jewel in the roughjacek_p is a jewel in the roughjacek_p is a jewel in the roughjacek_p is a jewel in the rough

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: I'm selling my Ion

the car sold rather quickly after my ad on creiglist. i was impressed by the amount of response and how most people interested were young females or their moms or fathers. maybe that explains why my son didn't like it?

looking back it was a quirky car (to say it politically correct) but it served well it's purpose (the 1st car for a teenager). amazingly, he got no major accidents and no traffic tickets driving it for 4 years. I forgot to put that tidbit in the ad.

good luck to you all here!

BTW, before I sold it, the car had some hesitations and engine vibrations while cold idling, but it went away after one dose of gas treatment. I checked my records and the last injector cleaning was done 30,000 miles ago. I'm mentioning it in case it helps someone searching for it.

fixed/replaced so far: side mirror, window trims x4, trunk floor, radiator bushing, alternator, starter, LCA x2, sway bar bushings x2, end links x2, timing chain tensioner, O2 sensor.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jacek_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jacek_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jacek_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:27 AM   #3
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Re: I'm selling my Ion

Sorry to hear you sold your Saturn, but I'm happy that it served you and your family well!

Let us know what you end up getting to replace it!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:43 AM   #4
ddemier7
Advanced Member
ddemier7 will become famous soon enoughddemier7 will become famous soon enough

2004 ION-1 Sedan

Noooo you were a great help to this page. What did you get for the Saturn Ion?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ddemier7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ddemier7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ddemier7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #5
doc4bax
doc4bax has a spectacular aura aboutdoc4bax has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacek_p View Post
I'm in south Alabama area if anyone is interested. Lots of work put in the car, very reliable now (164k miles), but my son bought something else for himself (I guess to impress girls).
I must say my 2006 Saturn ION 3 is the biggest POS I have ever owned. I will never ever ever buy another GM product. You should be happy you're dumping it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to doc4bax's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help doc4bax reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
doc4bax is offline   Reply With Quote