SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2000, 10:15 PM   #1
greg99
greg99 is on a distinguished road

Default Need Help on Head Gasket Install

Has anyone replaced the upper head gasket on a 93SL? Mines leaking and needs replaced. Should i drain the oil, disconnect the pcv valve and take out those two torx bits. Is it more complicated than that? Also what is a good gasket to get and whats the part number?
thanks,
greg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greg99's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greg99 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2000, 08:34 PM   #2
Will
Will is on a distinguished road

Hi Greg, I'm guessing that you meen the camcover gasket. I't not that difficult a job if your carefull. If you don't have much mechanical background I'd suggest your local saturn retailer. If your doing it yourself use the Saturn gasket-it's the best you will find. You are correct about the two torx bolts You don't have to drain the oil though. If you do it be very carefull that you clean the old gasket off very well then glue the new gasket to the camcover and install to the engine. Torgue the bolts to 22ft pounds. If your not comfprtable with this Labor at a Saturn retailer might run you about $50.00-$70.00

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Will's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Will reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread