SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Just me or is the forum down a lot lately?

This morning I get the message that it's off line and a few times last week too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2019, 07:07 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Post Re: Just me or is the forum down a lot lately?

Site outage affecting anyone trying to access Saturnfans. Every once in awhile this site goes down. Most explanations from Charlie, the Admin, are about maintenance. The last time this occurred was a few years ago. Whether its about server, system(s), other, this site drops out until Charlie sorts things out. He's aware how valuable this site is and the appreciation we have for providing a place to share things.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #3
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

Default Re: Just me or is the forum down a lot lately?

It would be helpful if they announce this ahead of time if it's scheduled.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
tizan
tizan is on a distinguished road

twice in the last 2 oe 3 weeks i think

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tizan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tizan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:55 AM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I neglected to state 'maintenance' can be interpreted in several ways. Straight maintenance is more or less announced the moment it occurs without prior notice. A simple message stating .....will be down for service, pops up. Other interruptions may be more serious and still occurs without notice. A scientific wild ass guess (swag) might be gremlins, hacking, denial of service attack, or other unknowns beyond control.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:00 AM   #6
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Information Re: Just me or is the forum down a lot lately?

Hi,
It has been down a lot more than I like, and the outages are not scheduled. I'm working with my web host to help diagnose the problem and come up with a long-term solution. I'm optimistic it will be resolved by the weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience. If SaturnFans is ever down for an extended period of time, feel free to send me an email at saturnfans@gmail.com. I'm at work during the day, but I'm usually always on the site or answering email as best I can in the evenings.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote