SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2
Default Database Error When Accessing the Forums

Ok. Doesn't look like many users have been able to sign in or post in the last few days.

I get an error, when using the "Forums" tab, from the Saturnfans Home page.

It is stating there is an error with the website database.

It can be worked around, by using a Google search to one of our forum threads, at which point, you can sign in and post or access the forums.

It appears the broken link URL is www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php

I don't know how to message Charlie, because I get the same error when trying to click his user name in the list of active users/moderators.

Charlie, if you are able to look into the matter, this is the only way I can alert you that the website has encountered a problem with some of its links.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Database Error When Accessing the Forums

Use this to access the forum and if it is down you will get "The Server is Too Busy ..." banner instead of a generic can not access a page error. https://www.saturnfans.com/forums/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:44 AM   #3
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

I heard that the “control” over the Amazing Internet has been ceded to the Europa Union in preparation for a
prn ban next summer. Coincidence?

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it).
Oil use is 1 oz per 100 miles with approximately 230,000 mi on engine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
PaulGraz
PaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of lightPaulGraz is a glorious beacon of light

2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

I'm getting a database error when I try to access UserCP

----
~Paul
2001 LW200 (4th saturn owned) 265K+ Miles!
71 Volvo 1800E, 73 Volvo 1800ES, 08 Volvo C30, 11 Volvo V50
Gone on to other owners: 92 SL2, 95 SW2, 96 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PaulGraz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PaulGraz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PaulGraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I sent a pm about it. Be patient. Maybe the Russians are here.......Chinese? North Koreans? Euro hackers? Isis? Your 8 yr old nephew? Daughter with a new laptop exercising her skills?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #6
termite
termite is a jewel in the roughtermite is a jewel in the roughtermite is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

One thing I noticed recently, at the top of my IPHONE using Safari, where you see where you are connected to, it says “Not Secure - saturnfans.com” what’s up with that?

It's GOOD to have a spare!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to termite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help termite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by termite View Post
One thing I noticed recently, at the top of my IPHONE using Safari, where you see where you are connected to, it says “Not Secure - saturnfans.com” what’s up with that?
Saturnfans is HTTP rather than HTTPS. HTTPS is secure while HTTP isn't.

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles
Powered by Plastic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zeebins's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zeebins reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zeebins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:05 PM   #8
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGraz View Post
I'm getting a database error when I try to access UserCP
I was getting the same issue. Looks like some of it has been addressed. Thank you, Charlie and Nuc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-21-2019, 01:34 AM   #9
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Sorry for the troubles this past week. I've been doing some maintenance to fix the underlying issues and hope to be done by the end of the weekend. Please let me know if you notice any other errors.

Thank you!!
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #10
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Sorry for the troubles this past week. I've been doing some maintenance to fix the underlying issues and hope to be done by the end of the weekend. Please let me know if you notice any other errors.

Thank you!!
Charlie
It's always been quick fixes when there are problems, and it's probably more work than most of us realize.

Thanks for keeping the best Saturn site alive and well Charlie.

Alordofchaos is worthy and hides in shadows only to hone his S Series knowledge ninja skills. Swift, silent, trustworthy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #11
SC2Sick
Advanced Member
SC2Sick will become famous soon enough

1997 SC2
1995 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
I sent a pm about it. Be patient. Maybe the Russians are here.......Chinese? North Koreans? Euro hackers? Isis? Your 8 yr old nephew? Daughter with a new laptop exercising her skills?
I've blocked entire continents for 6S because of the amount of SPAM/junk attempts we get. It's not a joke. Most SPAM/Junk traffic come from those IP ranges... it's a battle to stay ahead.

sixthsphere.com owner
2002 Saturn SL2 - RHD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2Sick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2Sick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #12
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2Sick View Post
I've blocked entire continents for 6S because of the amount of SPAM/junk attempts we get. It's not a joke. Most SPAM/Junk traffic come from those IP ranges... it's a battle to stay ahead.
It's bad enough when "normal" posters don't bother reading the thread, and ask a question that was answered in the original post (I was just over at 6S reading about 3rd gen instrument panel swaps -and abut a half dozen times or more somebody asked the swaps would work in their 2nd gen )

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #13
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

For whatever the source of this issue the server is not responding. It either being overloaded with connect requests or has crashed. Either way it has to be rebooted in most cases and bad enough auto can not do this. Part of the day was spent with this forum effectively offline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:36 PM   #14
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Thank you!!
Charlie
The hard work is definitely appreciated, Charlie.

Thank you for getting this place back online.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #15
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud oftoggenburg has much to be proud of

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia. Born once? Die twice. ------ Born twice? Die once.

2001 SL1

Accessing the site has become hit or miss.
This is the first time getting into the forum after trying all day.
Summat is still wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #16
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2

I wonder if the trouble loading the site has to die with the host website. I think Vbulletin?

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles