SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #1
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

Default Coastaletech bluetooth update!

Well gang,

I began the install with the coastaletech onstar lockpick with a motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit on our new Acadia. I'm about 80% there. Here's what I can tell you so far.

1. This is really easy. It's cake to get the face plate surround the radio off. Just be gentle, start at the top edges and work your way down.

2. The instructions couldn't be more clear. It's easy. If you can strip wires, then you can do this. NO CUTTING ON ANY GM PARTS NECESSARY. it's plug and play on that end. Some splicing will be necessary on the kit end.

3. THIS IS BIG. The coastaletech solution DOES NOT use the Onstar microphone for your calls. You're going to have to use the mic supplied with the bluetooth car kit. I was very dissappointed in this as I believe the website is misleading on this. They claim that the GM Handsfree system will handle all communication. That means incoming audio and outgoing audio to me but not to them. Whatever. Not that big of deal, but now I'm going to have to route the mic and hide it as best I can. I wanted it to be seamless except for the bluetooth kit remote.

4. The audio coming through the speakers was very clear. haven't been able to see the full function of the unit yet as I still need to get the mic installed, but so far I'd say this is a good solution for those of us stuck in bluetooth limbo.

I did take pics of the face plate coming off, i'll try to get those up later. the rest of the install is so easy and the direction so clear that it's not really worth a writeup.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
webhair
webhair is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Coastaletech bluetooth update!

If possible I would like to see finished photos as well - I was wondering where you were installing the motorola kit.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to webhair's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help webhair reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
webhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
uboys
uboys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedges1 View Post
Well gang,

I began the install with the coastaletech onstar lockpick with a motorola IHF1000 bluetooth car kit on our new Acadia. I'm about 80% there. Here's what I can tell you so far.

1. This is really easy. It's cake to get the face plate surround the radio off. Just be gentle, start at the top edges and work your way down.

2. The instructions couldn't be more clear. It's easy. If you can strip wires, then you can do this. NO CUTTING ON ANY GM PARTS NECESSARY. it's plug and play on that end. Some splicing will be necessary on the kit end.

3. THIS IS BIG. The coastaletech solution DOES NOT use the Onstar microphone for your calls. You're going to have to use the mic supplied with the bluetooth car kit. I was very dissappointed in this as I believe the website is misleading on this. They claim that the GM Handsfree system will handle all communication. That means incoming audio and outgoing audio to me but not to them. Whatever. Not that big of deal, but now I'm going to have to route the mic and hide it as best I can. I wanted it to be seamless except for the bluetooth kit remote.

4. The audio coming through the speakers was very clear. haven't been able to see the full function of the unit yet as I still need to get the mic installed, but so far I'd say this is a good solution for those of us stuck in bluetooth limbo.

I did take pics of the face plate coming off, i'll try to get those up later. the rest of the install is so easy and the direction so clear that it's not really worth a writeup.
Did you ever post full pictures of your Lambda?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to uboys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help uboys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
uboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:02 AM   #4
hortaja
hortaja is on a distinguished road

This is great since I plan on buying the Ultimate Lockpick. Did you get the Ultamate or just the Bluetooth version?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hortaja's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hortaja reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hortaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
hedges1
hedges1 is on a distinguished road

Just the Onstar Lockpick for bluetooth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hedges1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hedges1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hedges1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #6
ffballid
ffballid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhair View Post
If possible I would like to see finished photos as well - I was wondering where you were installing the motorola kit.

Thanks
Me too. If you get a chance, detailed instructions would also be great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ffballid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ffballid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ffballid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
ffballid
ffballid is on a distinguished road

bump.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ffballid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ffballid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ffballid is offline   Reply With Quote