SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #21
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Outlook/Acadia Review Roundup - a list of all Outlook and Acadia Reviews

I stood next to James Healey in Chicago while he grilled Ford about the six-speed in the new Taurus/Taurus X. He's very focused on making Ford aware of the problems with the new transmission. And apparently on getting Mazda to install a trip computer.

I compared the Saturn and the Mazda a bit in my review of the latter:

Mazda CX-9 review

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2007, 12:20 AM   #22
BrightOutlook
BrightOutlook is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default Re: Outlook/Acadia Review Roundup - a list of all Outlook and Acadia Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballid View Post
I thought it might be nice to have a single thread with all media-published current reviews/road tests
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/aut...D?OpenDocument

St. Louis Post-Dispatch
THURSDAY | MARCH 8, 2007
Well, whatever it is, it gets it done.
Inside our XR, the cabin was an elegant combination of wood, leather and two-tone trim...
Room is spectacular in all three seating rows.
The middle row is also spacious as a living room in a 60/40-split bench whose sections, like a front seat, can be adjusted both fore/aft and for rake of the seat back.
The third row, in a rarity, boasts side bolsters on the outboard seats that, along with surprising room, make them comfortable for a pair of full-size adults.
On the safety front, everything is included. Six air bags, traction control, stability control, ABS, rollover mitigation ó itís all here and all standard.
All in all, those looking for a people-mover will find nary a thing to complain about in Outlook. Itís roomy, powerful, versatile, not unduly fuel thirsty, innovative, safe and handsome. What else ya want?

Sounds like a potential future Outlook Owner to me!

2007 Outlook XR FWD
Ocean Mist / Grey Int
Enhanced Convenience Pkg / HID

Over 5,000 miles already! Awesome ride. Love it!

Gorgeous! Gutsy! Glorious!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrightOutlook's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrightOutlook reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrightOutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #23
BrightOutlook
BrightOutlook is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2001 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballid View Post
I thought it might be nice to have a single thread with all media-published current reviews/road tests of the Lambdas ....
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...-outlook-6.htm

consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com
2007 Saturn Outlook Full Review
Updated: 03.09.2007

(Some highlights below. See the full review.)

Total Score
Outlook 2WD XE 66 <<<<<<<<<<<<
Class Average 58

Scores for all midsize sport-utility vehicles
Low Score 48
Average Score 58
High Score 68 <<<<<<<<<<<<

Problems During Test: None

From The Back Seat
Ed Piotrowski
Saturn is undergoing a Cadillac-like renaissance with the introduction of Sky, Aura, and now Outlook. While Sky may be the halo vehicle, Outlook is the pinnacle of this division's current product onslaught. Doing such a large crossover SUV may seem like an odd choice, but Outlook is so well done that such concerns don't matter. This is a Best Buy in just about every way, shape, and form.

Tom Appel
There's so much talk about how important the Ford Edge is, that GM's new Lambda platform vehicles (Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, and Buick Enclave--in order of introduction) are being ignored, which is a mistake. Outlook works so well because it combines size with common sense. Technically the largest "crossover" vehicle on the market, Outlook rides and handles like a car, but offers near full-size SUV passenger space and utility. The Caddy-sourced V6 is a honey, and the new 6-speed auto is as smooth as any transmission in the class. Let's hope the few quality glitches observed by Consumer Guide are an anomaly, because Outlook and the other Lambda trucks are poised to change the way people think about SUVs.

2007 Outlook XR FWD
Ocean Mist / Grey Int
Enhanced Convenience Pkg / HID

Over 5,000 miles already! Awesome ride. Love it!

Gorgeous! Gutsy! Glorious!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrightOutlook's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrightOutlook reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrightOutlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #24
John1096
John1096 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Here is another one I found. I don't think it's been listed previously.
http://www.lawcrossing.com/article/index.php?id=2348

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John1096's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John1096 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #25
ffballid
ffballid is on a distinguished road

The latest issue of Motor Trend also has a short item on the Outlook. They call it a first tier CUV.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ffballid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ffballid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ffballid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #26
Pappa John
Pappa John is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcccarroll View Post
mkaresh is correct that these have to be considered carefully. I simply want to point out and remind that decibel ratings are a base 10 log scale, so the difference between 65 and 68 is much more than one might think (60% in fact). Even the difference between 67 and 68 is may be perceptively significant (14%), though I don't know the precision in the actual measurements. Only one digit in the listed numbers is significance. (Sorry, I am an analytical chemist and I couldn't help)

He is also spot on with the importance of the nature of the sound. What we really need is the frequency distribution for comparison. Consider a 75 db output of your favorite song vs 75 bd of squeaky brakes. I guess an annoyance/fatigue factor is what we really need.

by the way, I am in the process of looking at the outlook and deciding on a purchase, so this thread has been very helpful. Thanks. Qualitatively I found the road noise very acceptable during our test drive.
My Outlook is very quiet at highway cruising speed especially when you are listening to Outer Space (movie soundtrack music) on your XM radio.

What follows futher supports what you read earlier based on my experienced evaluating shop sound levels of large machines for OSHA noise level compliance.

Conventional sound level measurements are greatly flawed. At least in most auto tests they take db readings at specific speeds and describe road surface conditions and whether or not the vehicle is under full accelleration. What you don't know is what sound frequency is producing that peak sound level of 67 db. Some frequencies are irritating regardless of the level. Also, conventional db readings are not linear when heard by the human ear. A 70 db reading, by the numbers, is only 7.7% higher than a 65 db reading. In reality, as was pointed out earlier, it is a whole lot louder.

I am sure that the auto industry measures noise levels like we do in the machinery building industry which is in Sones. This measurement looks at all of the frequencies and just like a good stereo system, picks out the freqencies that are running loud and tries to find out where they are coming from. The Sone measurement system is linear and when you knock down a freqency by half by the numbers, it is half as loud to the human ear (assuming you have perfect hearing like the measuring equipment).

Conventional db readings are easy to take with a relatively cheap hand held instrument so they will continue to be used for magazine reporting but just be aware that slight differences in db readings are really noticable differences in sound levels to the ear. So buy your vehicle like you buy a good stereo system. Try it out and if it sounds good to you, buy it. Its your money!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pappa John's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pappa John reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pappa John is offline   Reply With Quote