SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #1
JArugbyman
JArugbyman is on a distinguished road

Question Any Ideas For Mods For A 2003 Ion Sedan???

Hey everybody. I recently got a 2003 ion3 from my dad. However, i want to make it look sportier. I was thinking about lowering it an inch, tinting the windows, and replacing the rims. I am also considering getting a 19-piece carbon fiber trim set. What do you think i should do?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JArugbyman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JArugbyman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2003, 08:51 PM   #2
zborgerd
zborgerd is on a distinguished road

Do whatever makes you happy.

I like the ION as-is, but I'll probably tweak a few things, like the air filter (when a K&N is available), and swap out the factory CD player for a Blaupunkt MP3 in-dash.

Do what makes you happy. You could have one of the first "riced-up" IONs on the board.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zborgerd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zborgerd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2003, 10:30 PM   #3
Mron87
Mron87 is on a distinguished road

take the baffle out from underneath the passenger side wheel well and let it suck some air makes it sound meaner too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mron87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mron87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2003, 01:25 AM   #4
DualCamCoupe
Advanced Member
DualCamCoupe is on a distinguished road

Put a big sticker in the rear window that reads: "No Fat Chicks"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DualCamCoupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DualCamCoupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2003, 04:23 PM   #5
DualCamCoupe
Advanced Member
DualCamCoupe is on a distinguished road

Or a sticker that reads "No Ugly Guys" I don't know which gender you are.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DualCamCoupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DualCamCoupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
sarcasmkid13
sarcasmkid13 is on a distinguished road

thats pretty much what I want to do to my ION. I would like more for my sound system, and maybe very basic engine mods. I just want it to handle well, and sound good. Thats what really matters to me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sarcasmkid13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sarcasmkid13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-17-2003, 01:44 PM   #7
MeaNGreeNSL2
MeaNGreeNSL2 is on a distinguished road

Well you could always add some black emblems, they dont have one for the front yet, but if you order the fender emblems from the Special edition yellow VUE, you can get the new 3-d black and chrome ones. I have all three on my 2ksl2, its green, it look real good. And there easy to change. You could get those blue headlight bulbs, change out the blinker bulbs for clear ones or that hyper white color. Tint the windows if the dealership hasnt already... i mean right now theres not much out there, so its little tweaks here and there...
-B

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MeaNGreeNSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MeaNGreeNSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-17-2003, 02:42 PM   #8
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

I feel like a nerd, I do *not* want to make any mods to my Ion whatsoever, except find a chrome "3" and stick it next to the "Ion" on the trunk.

I don't want to make it faster either, I like my rediculously low insurance premium!

*Drive it like you bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SonataInFSharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SonataInFSharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-17-2003, 02:57 PM   #9
benpatient
benpatient is on a distinguished road

haha. what the insurance company doesn't know....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to benpatient's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help benpatient reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:29 PM   #10
craig0ry
craig0ry is on a distinguished road

If "J" rices out his car, I will kill him

Hey what did you mean by remove the "baffling" so it can suck air? I was a little confused by that, I think you were talking about his air intake somehow. I haven't had a chance to look at his engine, but I bet you could rig up a custom intake with a cheap-o cone filter very easily.

edit: btw, I have never reported a single mod to my insurance company. Some people have told me they can get shirty and not pay up if you fail to report mods - however - I was told that you are insured by your vin number, not by what your engine is, therefore - engine swaps do not have to be reported - or mods.

Anyone know if this is true? I mean I could very well understand the reluctance of the company to pay up if you have a 200 shot of n20 in your car But what about things like urethane motor mounts, intakes, exhausts... I don't think they would care.

Last edited by craig0ry; 03-18-2003 at 08:38 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to craig0ry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help craig0ry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #11
zborgerd
zborgerd is on a distinguished road

I've had enough problems convincing my insurance company that I have a security system because it *isn't* tied the the ION2 VINs. I told them it was the same security system as those in the ION3, but they insist that I need to fax something to them. All I've got is my windows sticker, which I still haven't faxed yet.

So, the VIN isn't entirely accurate.I'm betting that my spoiler isn't listed either. I wonder if they are going to try to charge extra for that? Hmm...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zborgerd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zborgerd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2003, 10:53 PM   #12
Mron87
Mron87 is on a distinguished road

Default "baffling"

The baffling is what some people call the air intake resonator it keeps engine noise down from the intake and it can also restrict air flow if you remove it it make it louder when acceleration and maybe give 1-2 more horses. I noticed i difference around 3-4 thousand rpm. personally i like the sound it makes but you may not

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mron87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mron87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2003, 01:19 PM   #13
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Of course your insurance company goes by the VIN, but you DO have to report mods or you will be in HUGE trouble if you try to collect. I have a lot of buddies that do engine swaps and they swear that is it NOT worth it to hold that information from your insurance company. Sure, if you put a V8 in a Fiero it quadruples your insurance, but it is still cheaper than getting into an accident with it and the adjustor comes out and sees it. Then you are fined and put into jail for lying, among many other things! and report it right away, too. If you wait, say, 3 months, and they find out somehow you put in a bigger engine in 3 months ago, they will back-charge you for those 3 months. So, again, I am happy with my 140hp and rediculously low insurance premium.

About the spoiler, etc. Usually it's major powertrain mods that they care about. They aren't going to raise your insurance because you changed to a performance air filter, or you added a spoiler, or you changed rims, etc.

Also, if you want to rice out your car, that is what a Civic is good for. The Ion is a beaut as is, why would you want to mess with it?

Just my thoughts.

*Drive it like you bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SonataInFSharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SonataInFSharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread